Page 91 of 238 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 4750

Thread: 2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

  1. #1801
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,693
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    What are you talking about? DeMar doesn't play around the rim. He slashes and shoots like i said, but we need a guy beside him that can do those things and also defend and handle the ball.
    I was alluding to the fact DeMar doesnt do either very well.

  2. #1802
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    What's funny is that nobody was talking about T-Rob 2 months ago...
    +1

    I'm not convinced his toughness and strength will be any advantage at the next level. He is 21 battling a lot of 18/19 year olds. I'm really not trying to crap on him, I just don't think he is going to be a great pro - average at best.

  3. #1803
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Exactly. It's not like the Morris brothers are lighting it up at the NBA level, and T-Rob couldn't get minutes ahead of these guys.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  4. #1804
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    What's funny is that nobody was talking about T-Rob 2 months ago...
    .
    This is true (at least on this board I think). But the last 2 games was an eye opener for me. The guy is maniacal and he just about willed his team to a win. What a motor along with a decent PF skill set. We need the intangible leadership quality desperately on the Raps. JV seems to have it and so does MKG and TRob is in the conversation now. As it stands its a tossup for me between MKG and he... after AD. Imagine TR & JV in the front. I also see a possible similarity in the strengths that JV and AD bring...they could clash doing the same thing... so missing on AD is "bearable"! (shot blocking and rebounding mostly is my thinking).I also noticed that AD was handled fairly routinely in the post on offense because of his weight and he doesnt appear to me as a body that would get too bulky.

  5. #1805
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    ...I also noticed that AD was handled fairly routinely in the post on offense because of his weight and he doesnt appear to me as a body that would get too bulky.
    After gaining 8" in his last two years, I would expect his weight to be behind his growth. He doesn't seem to have a huge frame, but I would be surprised if he doesn't add at least 20 pounds over the next three years.

  6. #1806
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    .
    This is true (at least on this board I think). But the last 2 games was an eye opener for me. The guy is maniacal and he just about willed his team to a win. What a motor along with a decent PF skill set. We need the intangible leadership quality desperately on the Raps. JV seems to have it and so does MKG and TRob is in the conversation now. As it stands its a tossup for me between MKG and he... after AD. Imagine TR & JV in the front. I also see a possible similarity in the strengths that JV and AD bring...they could clash doing the same thing... so missing on AD is "bearable"! (shot blocking and rebounding mostly is my thinking).I also noticed that AD was handled fairly routinely in the post on offense because of his weight and he doesnt appear to me as a body that would get too bulky.
    I worry that both Davis and Robinson could provide disappointment to whatever team drafts them, simply because the expectations will be set so high.

    Robinson is a man among boys for much of the NCAA tourney, using his size to simply overpower the opposition (similar to JV in the under-19 tourney). T-Rob should still be a solid NBA PF, but I don't see him putting up anything close to the sick stats he has been putting up. I predict solid contributor, but hardly a star.

    As for Davis, I worry that much like Bargnani, he'll always be a slight disappoinment as a #1 pick. He will be an outstanding help defender, but I think he will get out-muscled by bigger NBA PFs (slightly shorter, PF version of Camby, I worry). I don't think he's that good offensively, but he certainly has room to improve. As a #1 pick, he'll always be in demand for his defense, but I think he'll leave his team wanting more (again similar to Camby's one dimensionality).

    I wouldn't be upset if the Raptors picked Davis, but I don't like the idea of picking Robinson or Drummond at a stacked position, when there are so many equally good players available to draft to fill positions of weakness on the Raptors roster. My top 3 are still MKG, Beal and Marshall.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Apr 3rd, 2012 at 01:45 PM.

  7. #1807
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    What's funny is that nobody was talking about T-Rob 2 months ago...
    That's cause more ppl on this forum wanted the raptors to pick for need. I feel more ppl here have come around to picking BPA. His been a top5 pick all year long. He might be new to some here but, not to scouts.

  8. #1808
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    What's funny is that nobody was talking about T-Rob 2 months ago...
    Oh contraire mon frere. I was asking about him around mid February (#1000 of this thread) which isn't 2 months ago but around the time he really began to catch my eye. He was putting up consistent numbers then and has done so all through out the tourney.

    You tell me what looks more intimidating to opposing teams venturing into the paint...Robinson and Val or Bargs and Val?

  9. #1809
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I worry that both Davis and Robinson could provide disappointment to whatever team drafts them, simply because the expectations will be set so high.

    Robinson is a man among boys for much of the NCAA tourney, using his size to simply overpower the opposition (similar to JV in the under-19 tourney). T-Rob should still be a solid NBA PF, but I don't see him putting up anything close to the sick stats he has been putting up. I predict solid contributor, but hardly a star.

    As for Davis, I worry that much like Bargnani, he'll always be a slight disappoinment as a #1 pick. He will be an outstanding help defender, but I think he will get out-muscled by bigger NBA PFs (slightly shorter, PF version of Camby, I worry). I don't think he's that good offensively, but he certainly has room to improve. As a #1 pick, he'll always be in demand for his defense, but I think he'll leave his team wanting more (again similar to Camby's one dimensionality).

    I wouldn't be upset if the Raptors picked Davis, but I don't like the idea of picking Robinson or Drummond at a stacked position, when there are so many equally good players available to draft to fill positions of weakness on the Raptors roster. My top 3 are still MKG, Beal and Marshall.
    You make good points. Re TRob I realize he is a junior but apparently his game improvement over the last 2 years have even surprised his coaches. So he may have more room for improvement. He has a solid physique/240 lbs/6'9" and not shy about using it. That seems to be about where most nba PFs measure but what I see separating him is his intensity. And it's this that is so appealing to me (as is MKG). I just find the others somewhat in the passive category (Barnes, Beal, Drummond). In the end it all depends on where we slot and may the best player on the board be selected.

  10. #1810
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Exactly. It's not like the Morris brothers are lighting it up at the NBA level, and T-Rob couldn't get minutes ahead of these guys.
    If T-Rob would have entered the draft last year he would of went higher than both then Morris Brothers. His a better prospect. Their are a hand ful of things that translate from college to the pros Rebounding, Athlecism, Motor, Defense and work ethic. Thomas Robinson has all that in his game. His game has also gotten some much better in over one year too.

  11. #1811
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    After gaining 8" in his last two years, I would expect his weight to be behind his growth. He doesn't seem to have a huge frame, but I would be surprised if he doesn't add at least 20 pounds over the next three years.
    You maybe right. He has awfully narrow shoulders and 20 lbs over his body especially his long arms isnt going to be much. He probably needs all of it in lower body because he couldnt get post position easily on his defender who was not much bigger than he was. But what do I know about physiology and the mechanics of ideal posting
    Last edited by Bendit; Tue Apr 3rd, 2012 at 02:26 PM.

  12. #1812
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Oh contraire mon frere. I was asking about him around mid February (#1000 of this thread) which isn't 2 months ago but around the time he really began to catch my eye. He was putting up consistent numbers then and has done so all through out the tourney.

    You tell me what looks more intimidating to opposing teams venturing into the paint...Robinson and Val or Bargs and Val?
    Robinson is definitely more intimidating than Bargnani. But then again, so is a box of newborn kittens...
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  13. #1813
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    If T-Rob would have entered the draft last year he would of went higher than both then Morris Brothers. His a better prospect. Their are a hand ful of things that translate from college to the pros Rebounding, Athlecism, Motor, Defense and work ethic. Thomas Robinson has all that in his game. His game has also gotten some much better in over one year too.
    Remember Faried last year? Many said he wouldnt translate...not big enough etc. Now a starter in Denver I think. And TR is much better imo.

  14. #1814
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    You maybe right. He has awfully narrow shoulders and 20 lbs over his body especially his long arms isnt going to be much. He probably needs all of it in lower body because he couldnt get post position easily on his defender who was not much bigger than he was. But what do I know about physiology and the mechanics of ideal posting
    Davis has narrow shoulders? His shoulders look about 10 feet wide to me. From my perspective, his frame his huge he just hasn't grown into it. People make way too much of the "size" factor. In any case, Davis, even though he's thin, isn't a small guy. He must be somewhere around 220 at 19 and, remember, he just gained this height a couple years ago. Concerns in that regard are overstated.

  15. #1815
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Remember Faried last year? Many said he wouldnt translate...not big enough etc. Now a starter in Denver I think. And TR is much better imo.
    +1

    His more polished and taller and bigger.

  16. #1816
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Delicious
    Digg
    Facebook
    Google
    MySpace
    Twitter
    Yahoo

    Wroten Entering 2012 NBA Draft
    Tony Wroten set new UW freshman scoring, assists and steals records in helping lead UW to the NIT semifinals

    *
    Tony Wroten was the Pac-12 Freshman of the Year.
    April 3, 2012

    • Terrence Ross Declares For NBA Draft

    SEATTLE - Freshman Tony Wroten will hire an agent and enter the 2012 NBA Draft ending his brief but historic career at the University of Washington.

    The 6-foot-5 guard out of Seattle's Garfield High School is the second Husky in the last 48 hours to throw their name into the NBA Draft. Sophomore Terrence Ross declared his intentions on Sunday.

    "I have been talking with my friends and family and I just felt like this was the right time," Wroten said of his decision that he decided to announce on the same day of his mother Shirley's birthday. "I love the University of Washington, but I just feel that it's best for me to make the jump."

    The Huskies will lose their steals leader, second leading scorer and second leading assists man in Wroten. He also attempted 33 percent of the team's free throws.

    Wroten was the Pac-12 Freshman of the Year and was a first team All-Pac-12 selection in 2012. He was one of five finalists for the Wayman Tisdale Freshman of the Year award.

    In his one season at Washington, Wroten set numerous Husky freshman records: most points (559), scoring average (16.0 ppg), assists (130) and steals (66). He ranked fifth in the conference in scoring, eighth in assists (3.7 apg), second in steals (1.9 spg) and was sixth overall in offensive rebounds per game (2.3).

    His scoring average was fifth among all Division I freshmen, second among first-year players from the `power' conferences.

    He helped Washington to a 24-11 record and 14-4 mark in conference action, including the Pac-12 regular season championship.

    Besides his family, Wroten consulted fellow Seattle-are basketball players Jamaal Crawford, Nate Robinson, Will Conroy and Isaiah Thomas.

    "They all said the same thing," Wroten, who is cousins with Robinson, said. "'Take your time and do what is best for you. This is a life-changer.'"

    Wroten is the second UW freshman to declare for the NBA after their freshman year, joining Spencer Hawes (2007).

    "Husky fans are the best in the nation and I would not trade my experience here for any other college," Wroten continued. "It was great that I stayed home and I know the University of Washington will always be by my side."

  17. #1817
    Raptors Republic Rookie Jon_Wade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nova scotia
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    After the workouts and such I think Royce White will skyrocket.. just throwing it out there
    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

  18. #1818
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,693
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's his head you have to worry about
    @jerboat

  19. #1819
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Delicious
    Digg
    Facebook
    Google
    MySpace
    Twitter
    Yahoo

    Wroten Entering 2012 NBA Draft
    Tony Wroten set new UW freshman scoring, assists and steals records in helping lead UW to the NIT semifinals
    Wroten intrigues me...... but not as a PG.

    Wroten reminds me of Tyreke Evans.

  20. #1820
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
    After the workouts and such I think Royce White will skyrocket.. just throwing it out there
    Not when he shows up to the workout 3 days late because his Greyhound broke down.




    I don't mean to make fun of his phobia but an NBA player needs to fly.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •