Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hassan wrote: View Post
    hope he gains some muscle when he comes back
    We can always send him the picture below of what not to do during the off-season:

“The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      so we get to see him for half a season then the world ends.. great..
      Haha, very true

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        We can always send him the picture below of what not to do during the off-season:

The picture of Bargnani and his fluffer was taken several years ago.
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
          The picture of Bargnani and his fluffer was taken several years ago.
          I stand corrected but I didn't refer to this off-season.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            I stand corrected but I didn't refer to this off-season.
            true! And why does Bargnani make it so difficult to like him. Look at that picture - its just so tragic. George Michael wouldn't even wear those glasses in a public rest room.

On a side note, I must say that your new profile pic is quite dapper. I am stoked about Jonas coming, even if its next year.
            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Captain Haddock wrote: View Post
              ...nope, still don't see the point you're trying to make, shame because I'm sure it's rational, thought out, mind blastingly astute, etc.
              Bravo. Couldn't have said it better myself.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                dude was playing for 40 000 Euros I think he and his agent are supremely motivated to get that NBA rookie contract.... did you catch that? BC just drafted 240 lb bone rack being paid 40 000 Euros with the number 5 pick,,,,, *sigh*
                As opposed to the college players who were making nothing? Really, is your brain even connected to your fingers when you type?
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Good. He's still pretty young for an international player so it was best for him to continue to develop there. Should add some weight and muscle this off season. As far as the next draft, I'm won't be happy if the situation turns out to be what Arsenalist predicted, that would put us at No.7 on the board and there's good chance we'll drop 8, so even in a deep draft, you can't expect much from that position.

Comment

Give Bargnani and colangelo a break

Toronto Fans are acting like impatient children again. We complain that our teams suck, and never do what it takes to get good, but then we have no patience with a process to make us a good team. A rebuild takes time and has gone well. In one year, BC has shed his mistakes from his home run swings (Hedo, etc.) and gotten valuable court time for some future rotation players. He may not have more than a couple of his starters, if that, but he has some good rotation players who have enough to earn time.

Jonas is not Andrea. They are totally different players. JV should not wear Andrea's or Arujo's horns because he is tall and white. We have had a bunch of shitty black big men in our history, too. With JV, Davis, and Amir, we have some lane protection. If Bargs cannot get a fire under his ass, he may go, though he still has more star potential than the others and can put up serious points, unlike any of the others. With another good young big, we either have the bodies to sit Andrea's ass or to motivate him to play some defence to stay on the court. He is not motivated by praise, but if there is no talent to put on the floor, he gets to stay on the floor and be lazy on defence. Win win.
                    A Jonas and Davis frontcourt could potentially be a scary lane to go into. That fills up the 4/5 position (mostly) for a few years. BC will still need to get a few smaller guys, but they are coming in big numbers next year. If one does not come to the raps, they will go to some other team that will be looking to dump a productive, but costly veteran who could become a team leader with the Raps. Be patient everyone.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                      dude was playing for 40 000 Euros I think he and his agent are supremely motivated to get that NBA rookie contract.... did you catch that? BC just drafted 240 lb bone rack being paid 40 000 Euros with the number 5 pick,,,,, *sigh*
                      Do you mean like that other even skinnier bone rack Tyson Chandler...one inch taller and five pounds lighter.

Comment

Did Jonas take part in the combine work outs? Does anyone know his legit measurements are including vertical?

If he's as good in the pick n' roll as his highlight reel shows then the Raptors must be looking at acquiring a PG next. Jose is good in the pick & roll as well, but I would think they are not considering him as part of the long term picture.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          Did Jonas take part in the combine work outs? Does anyone know his legit measurements are including vertical?

If he's as good in the pick n' roll as his highlight reel shows then the Raptors must be looking at acquiring a PG next. Jose is good in the pick & roll as well, but I would think they are not considering him as part of the long term picture.
                          Maurizio said he's over 6'11 barefoot ... closer to 7'1 in shoes ... but that was just him quoted in an interview this week.
                          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Working...
                          X