Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Demar Derozan doesn't like the pick?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote dzoni71 wrote: View Post
    Need not worry about this because under the current CBA Derozan is signed two at least another two years and then becomes a RFA where Raptors can and will match any offer should he not sign an extension. That means at least 5 more years if not 6 guaranteed with Raptors.
    What's best is that in all likelihood the new CBA will be even more restrictive to free agency making it easier for teams to keep their players.
    So the real question is can the Raptors become contenders in 4-5 years when the core guys on our teams start hitting UFA. The best plan we can have is to try to make a serious contender in that timeframe instead of trying to make shortcuts (think BC trying to please Bosh) that will more likely make Derozan and others leave.
    I totally agree. I was pissed about the pick at first even knowing how good he could be simply because I know they have a limited window to have all their young guys peak at the same time to create a winner and the type of team that could attract free agents like the good ol Vince days. Having JV become a great C in 5 years might be too late for the current crop of Derozen, ED, Amir to benefit. They picked a guy who looks like he should become a borderline All-Star if all goes well but who cares if he just the next Demar after Demar leaves because they couldn't build a winner during his time here. It could all work out but I think for our team with our history it was a HUGE roll of the dice.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote dzoni71 wrote: View Post
    Need not worry about this because under the current CBA Derozan is signed two at least another two years and then becomes a RFA where Raptors can and will match any offer should he not sign an extension. That means at least 5 more years if not 6 guaranteed with Raptors.
    What's best is that in all likelihood the new CBA will be even more restrictive to free agency making it easier for teams to keep their players.
    So the real question is can the Raptors become contenders in 4-5 years when the core guys on our teams start hitting UFA. The best plan we can have is to try to make a serious contender in that timeframe instead of trying to make shortcuts (think BC trying to please Bosh) that will more likely make Derozan and others leave.
    I think you are correct and BC is thinking along the same lines. I was getting worried toward the latter part of the season when DeDe was not getting calls on obvious fouls and his boy weems was out + Amir. He seemed a little depressed. You don't want a kid like that loosing his fire or thinking loosing is normal.

Quote MillerRegent wrote: View Post
    That video gave me a 14 minutes and 1 second raging erection.
    I know it seriously has me anxious for year three of DeDe!!
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's more likely that DeRozan tweeted that whilst sitting on the can, after he realized he was constipated.

Get some Metamucil, DeMar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information