Demar Derozan doesn't like the pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar Derozan doesn't like the pick?

Demar's Twitter read "A goal without a plan is just a wish" on draft night after Valanciunas was selected. I hope he's on board just so that everything stays smooth with the team, but to me it sounds like he doesn't like the pick, or possibly Colangelo's "direction" in general.

What do you think?

It may mean he doesn't like the pick or he may have just been trying to convey wisdom. Who knows. If he doesn't like the pick, then who really cares. I wouldn't be surprised, that's for sure. A guy like DeRozan would probably rather they draft an NCAA player that he's familiar with. In the end, all that matter is how the pick performs.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Demar wanted Kemba but regardless I think you are reading too much into this.

Comment

He said in the fan590 predraft interview (on their youtube channel) that their biggest need was a C who can work down low... I don't think he's unhappy with the pick. You're reading too much into this.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          He said in the fan590 predraft interview (on their youtube channel) that their biggest need was a C who can work down low... I don't think he's unhappy with the pick. You're reading too much into this.
          Not to be sidetracked but Horton is the only female sports reporter I know that can smile while chewing her gum and at the same time asks questions like Clint Eastwood on a bad hair day. Yea, Demar is going to LOVE JV. I just have this gut feeling that the Raps will eventually trade for Jennings anyway just to make him happy (if it ever gets to that).
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

p3t3ypablo wrote: View Post
            Demar's Twitter read "A goal without a plan is just a wish" on draft night after Valanciunas was selected. I hope he's on board just so that everything stays smooth with the team, but to me it sounds like he doesn't like the pick, or possibly Colangelo's "direction" in general.

What do you think?
            That is very cryptic.
            (a) the statement is open ended it could be for or against the pick
            (b) why did he tweet anything at all
            (c) was it something he had planned and thought out in advance to tweet regardless of the outcome
            (d) if he loved the pick - I think he would have said so
            (e) As he continues to get better he will go through the exact metamorphosis as Chris Bosh where he will want to compete and be on a more relevant team... its already starting to happen... that's why tanking 2 season in a row and getting a player to stash away in Europe (and is a 3 year project who may not even pan out) for a team that went 22-60 is not something I am enamored with.

Listen to the Chris Bosh sound bites on this DeRozen Feature

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            Not to be sidetracked but Horton is the only female sports reporter I know that can smile while chewing her gum and at the same time asks questions like Clint Eastwood on a bad hair day. Yea, Demar is going to LOVE JV. I just have this gut feeling that the Raps will eventually trade for Jennings anyway just to make him happy (if it ever gets to that).
            Weems' womanizing knows no bounds - lol
            As for Jennings I am not sure he is DCasey's kind of player (defensive system player)... we will see..
            Last edited by charlz; Tue Jun 28, 2011, 11:52 AM.
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

What do you think?
              I think you read to much into it. You don't even know who he's referring to. It may not be Raptors related. He could be responding to a comment or something or someone in his life. Maybe he has a cousin who is dogging it in school? Maybe he's speaking in regards to his pro career path to date? Who know, it's all speculation. I took it as meaning he was implying that someone needs to better plan if they wish to reach their goal. That may or may not be the Raptors. I'm thinking he's not bold enough to tweet distaste for the pick. I'm thinking he's not going to go and stand against his new head coach from day one.

Comment

It's hard to say one way or the other what DD meant when he tweeted that, but I'm willing to bet that he wasn't blatantly taking a shot at the Raptors front office and the pick.

I think Apollo is correct when he says that it might not have been basketball related whatsoever. A lot of these NBA guys like to play the pseudo-inspirational role on Twitter and DeRozan could have been trying his hand at that. You can also read it and take it as a vote of confidence for the Raps as well.

Comment

+1. I am going to believe its not raptors related. If it is, who is a third year guy that hasn't proven anything yet to speak out against the organization that signs his paycheque??

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                    +1. I am going to believe its not raptors related. If it is, who is a third year guy that hasn't proven anything yet to speak out against the organization that signs his paycheque??
                    Yes because we never see this happen in the NBA.

I am also on the side that may/may not be basketball related. If it is, still does not mean hate/love the pick. Could easily mean that he buys into the plan of getting a franchise C.

Comment

sweet sweet holly horton
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

anyways, demar is posting cryptic shit like this all the time. i wouldn't read into it too much. Amir's reaction to big val's interview was pretty funny.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I don't even think it's cryptic. I think the people he's directing it all know exactly what it means. We shouldn't assume everything in his life is about the Toronto Raptors.

Comment

What do you think?

Sounds like you are super imposing your own impressions on to his words. His statement can be interpreted as a sign of support of the pick. Picking JV can very easily be considered a long term plan, rather than a wish.

It's not like Derozan has his head in the sand, he is close to the analysts as well, I am sure he knows what this pick is all about.

Comment

Another reason why Twitter is really a detriment to any meaningful discussion or presenting context. I am still mystified why so many use it so much.

As for the tweet...way low on my list on how to improve the Raptors. ...if indeed he was concerned...maybe he just finished reading Confucius or Antoine de Saint-Exupéry which is good.

Comment

Working...
                              X