Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Jonas Sharp Against Americans at FIBA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i just hate hearing from all these canadian ballers who claim canada needs support for basketball blah blah blah but never help out the fiba/olympic teams. whats going to make young players want to support canada? i get why nash hasn't the past few years but if these young guys want the country to do something they have to give us something to root for.
    Well as far as the young guys go they have all put in time on National teams at a young age, lets see what happens once they are set on their careers and in a stable place. The future is bright, even without some of out top juniors and cadets we can compete at the world level, this is showing the depth of the development that is going on in Canada.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Not a bad comparison, although I do think his upside is better than that of Rasho as I think his mobility much better than Rasho's. The added mobility should allow him to grab an extra rebound or two and snag an easy put-back or two as well. Rasho best year statistically was his last in Minnesota where he put up 11 points 6.6 boards and 1.5 blocks while shooting 52.5% from the field, his next year at San Antonio he put up better blocks and rebounds but his scoring dropped to 8.6 ppg on 46% from the field. I do expect Jonas to have better career years than that when all is said and done.
    Maybe this will allay your fears....

Post Thanks / Like

@ WJF...apologies I was actually replying to LeeZ (with the vid).

Post Thanks / Like

We're going to like this kid.
    Last edited by Liston; Wed Jun 29th, 2011 at 07:23 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Liston wrote: View Post
    We're going to like this kid.
    And for those who hated this pick because of his buyout, this pick makes total sense now more than ever because of this.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    So Jonas goes out and abuses a guy who is projected as a top 10 player in the LOADED 2012 draft and you are still grumpy?
    Well its good that he did not suck obviously - he did really well. But projected picks and even guys who get picked do not always pan out to being guys who have the tools to stick in the league.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    Well its good that he did not suck obviously - he did really well. But projected picks and even guys who get picked do not always pan out to being guys who have the tools to stick in the league.
    You mean like dedication, hustle and athleticism?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

any links for the Croatia game?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    @ WJF...apologies I was actually replying to LeeZ (with the vid).
    That was a nice dunk, even if he did fend off with his off arm. Would it be really dickish of me to point out that at least half the centres in the NBA would have swatted that ball away achingly easily? Look, I like the kid, I think he can be a competent, serviceable centre in this leage for years to come. But he has so little in the way of hops that unless he develops a nice mid-range game (à la...Rasho?), I think he's going to be fairly limited on the offensive end. But with the fifth pick in a terrible draft, I'm happy with the type of player I think he'll become. Anything else is a bonus.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LeeZ wrote: View Post
    A few days ago I posted that this kid reminds me of Rasho; well, at least the lack of hops and athleticism. Mind you, the kid can at least dunk.
    I think a young Rasho is a possibility for this kid if he doesn't bring his game to the next level just like Bargnani projection of being the next Dirk fell to Rashard Lewis/Okur territory.

I think his best case scenerio is Pau Gasol. Pau Gasol isn't too athletic and doesn't have much lift when he dunks but somehow he manages to get it done.

Thread Information