Jonas Sharp Against Americans at FIBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

octothorp wrote: View Post
    Young is expected to be a lotto pick next year... DraftExpress has him going at 8.
    http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2012/
    No idea if that's warranted, this is the first I've seen him play.
    I had no idea that was the same guy. I was intrigued about that guy a few months ago when I ran across his profile. For a guy who's supposed be a beast, he didn't do much to slow down Valanciunas. Good sign. Not for You, though.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

They just showed a wave on their highlights. Lame.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Wow, 52-39 rebounding edge for the Lithuanians. Losing back to back games against the same team for a combined -62 point differential is NOT a good sign. How good is next years draft class supposed to be again?
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

BOX SCORE (LTU 108 - 75 USA)

J. Valanciunas, 25:20,PTS: 23 FG: 6/11(54.5%) FT: 11/15(73.3%) REB(O/T): 3/11 AST:1 TO: 3 BLK: 1
          Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Tue Jun 28, 2011, 02:23 PM.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
            Wow, 52-39 rebounding edge for the Lithuanians. Losing back to back games against the same team for a combined -62 point differential is NOT a good sign. How good is next years draft class supposed to be again?
            This was U-19, the last game was USA U19 vs LIT U20. Also, the USA players were mostly just finished college freshman.

Comment

nm

Comment

i don't think the American junior team usually does very well at these do they? i wouldn't put a lot of stock in this win, but it is nice to see.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Man is this kid active.
                  Scroll through the play by play and you'll see that there's some sort of activity by him every few lines in the 2nd and 3rd.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                    To be fair, there were only a couple of projected first rounders playing for the Americans. Young and Lamb, although Marshall may sneak in there, as well.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Plus, the Lithuanians have probably played together A LOT more than the Americans.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Some really young kids out there for Lithuania as well. One kid looked like he was 14. The size and positioning of the Lithuanians gave USA fits today.

They made almost no passes to get them out of place. Talent wise they looked superior to LTU (when one on one, they dominated), team wise, they had no game plan and very little ball movement. Often one guy would get stuffed by 3 LTU jerseys.
                        Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Tue Jun 28, 2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Ihope there is a you tube vid on this game

Comment

man, mini sabonis. awesome.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Jonas was impressive today, the complete opposite of Bargnani; rebounds, hustles, wants contact, gives good screens, and most importantly, doesn't stand beyond the 3-point line. He should be a lock for Eurobasket 2011 with Lithuania hosting the competition this summer.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                                Plus, the Lithuanians have probably played together A LOT more than the Americans.
                                Come on though, you got to give Jonas and his squad a bit more credit for blowing the Americans out of the building. Plus, I'm pretty sure he was the man of the match.

Comment

Working...
                                X