Ed Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Davis

Many people have expressed there views that Davis is a big part of our future going forward which i agree with. Of those however some have commented that if he's moved they won't be fans of the organization any more. This leads me to the question how good is Ed and how good can he become? Does he have the potential to be a regular in the All-Star game, a potential all NBA defensive team member or is he likely to become a very good role player/starter in the league? Does anyone have a player who they'd compare him to (best case/worst case)?

i think this was mentioned before, but PJ Brown comes to mind. people forget how good he was. extremely consistent, too. i don't think Ed will be a perennial allstar, but if i gaze into my crystal ball and see a front court of Ed and big Val i see the raptors having one of the best rebounding/interior defense teams in the league and that's good enough for me.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I would never say "if they trade _____ I will never be a fan again" because I need to know what they're getting back. I think he's the wrong big to trade though. Bargnani should be the guy to go.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        I would never say "if they trade _____ I will never be a fan again" because I need to know what they're getting back. I think he's the wrong big to trade though. Bargnani should be the guy to go.
        The sensible thing to say is I'd prefer play X to be traded over player Y. But this is simply not the case many are saying he can't be traded. If it's a player who has the potential to be one of the best in the league i get it. But if it's a player who is simply just very good but could return us an all-star talent in a package I don't get the comments made towards him. Everyone overvalues there favorite players but if the move improves the team not sure how peoples loyalty could be dismissed if their fans of an organization not just a player.

Comment

In my opinion people who say that sort of thing tend to not be serious about their statement. Just thought I'd add that to the conversation as well.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            i think this was mentioned before, but PJ Brown comes to mind. people forget how good he was. extremely consistent, too. i don't think Ed will be a perennial allstar, but if i gaze into my crystal ball and see a front court of Ed and big Val i see the raptors having one of the best rebounding/interior defense teams in the league and that's good enough for me.
            PJ Brown makes some sense although I hope Ed can become better the that (PJ was never over 12 points or 10 boards i believe). I've heard a few ppl mention Chandler which would be great if Ed can move his feet that quick to hedge out on guards. I see some similarity's with Taj Gibson although be it not as quick but a little longer. There rookie numbers are very close in almost every category as well.

Comment

PJ Brown was awesome. Some say he's the reason the Celtics won 3 years back.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Worst Case: Antonio Davis, I don't see Ed NOT averaging about 2 bpg and 10 rbp in his prime. He is already close to those numbers as a rookie.
                Best Case: A better Al horford
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  If Bargnani is traded, I am wondering how the Raptors are going to put points on the board. Derozen is becoming a solid option and Barbosa, on a good night, can light it up off the bench, but together they accounted for just over 30 points a game last season. Where are the points going to come from with a future front line of Valanciunas, Amir/Davis, and James Johnson?

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                    If Bargnani is traded, I am wondering how the Raptors are going to put points on the board. Derozen is becoming a solid option and Barbosa, on a good night, can light it up off the bench, but together they accounted for just over 30 points a game last season. Where are the points going to come from with a future front line of Valanciunas, Amir/Davis, and James Johnson?
                    Take out James Johnson and you have the start of your answer. The short answer is that the scoring is going to come from the perimeter spots with contributions by JV and Davis. I don't see any reason why ED can't turn into a 15ppg scorer. Heck, just fixing his FT% should get him there. Valanciunas is a project but surely they are looking at him as being able to score a little or else they wouldn't have drafted him at #5.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                      They have cap space to sign people and you aren't considering the fact that they're getting something of value back for him if they trade him.

Comment

bayless
                        pick and pop with Ed and big val
                        JJ's good for a couple dunks a night
                        whoever our pick is next year

whats important to remember is without bargs stumbling around we won't be giving up the 110 points a game, as such, won't need to score as much.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

id like to see us get a solid sixth man in the next couple years. a guy like lamb.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

He reminds me alot of a young JO which I think that's his best case scenerio.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Worst Case: Antonio Davis, I don't see Ed NOT averaging about 2 bpg and 10 rbp in his prime. He is already close to those numbers as a rookie.
                              Best Case: A better Al horford
                              This would be great either way for the Raptors as both players are very consistent. Many players have had the most success in blocks earlier in their careers so it's not a given he gets to two blocks a game. I think there is a good chance he does but there is a better chance of him hitting 10 boards IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X