Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jonas Valanciunas Mixtape

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    Well he is already better than hoffa ever was - but I am still grumpy until I see him do it against NBA talent.... if he can
    Hoffa did put 18 and 10 as a Sophomore for a pretty decent team... just saying.

I am actually quite pleased with the general attitude toward the pick. I was expecting quite a bit more venom to be honest.

I think he'll be a good pick. But we'll have to wait and see.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Hoffa did put 18 and 10 as a Sophomore for a pretty decent team... just saying.

I am actually quite pleased with the general attitude toward the pick. I was expecting quite a bit more venom to be honest.

I think he'll be a good pick. But we'll have to wait and see.

There was some hostility on draft day actually, not so much here, but by many Raptor fans across other social media outlets.

Most have warmed up to the pick though. I personally like the choice.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want the star to do a feature on his 11/11 25 point 17 rebound 2block game against korea. I think that kind of publicity is needed towards the casual fan (even if it doesnt mean much itll help toronto accept him better no?)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    I want the star to do a feature on his 11/11 25 point 17 rebound 2block game against korea. I think that kind of publicity is needed towards the casual fan (even if it doesnt mean much itll help toronto accept him better no?)
    This is a good point and I fully agree.

He doesn't have the name recognition that say, a Kemba Walker would have come in with, but he at least has something to show off, and Raptors PR need to get that moving quick time.
    And with Kleiza in the mix as well, it's only another tool to take advantage of.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Just keep in mind that LKL actually has 2 good teams, while all the rest is complete trash and those 2 teams were meeting for the 13th time in a row at the finals - and basketball there is about the same level like in Euroleague. The team who defeated JV's team has won the Euroleague twelve years ago and it has a much larger budget than JV's team. Also, this rivalry and the sad situation with Jonas' team's financial situation was the main reason why they were so greedy with the buyout.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rilu wrote: View Post
    Just keep in mind that LKL actually has 2 good teams, while all the rest is complete trash and those 2 teams were meeting for the 13th time in a row at the finals - and basketball there is about the same level like in Euroleague. The team who defeated JV's team has won the Euroleague twelve years ago and it has a much larger budget than JV's team. Also, this rivalry and the sad situation with Jonas' team's financial situation was the main reason why they were so greedy with the buyout.
    LKL is not in the same as Euro league, LKL only has 2 good teams, ACB spain, Lega Italy, and Greece just to name a few that are better than LKL.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote matt wrote: View Post
    LKL is not in the same as Euro league, LKL only has 2 good teams, ACB spain, Lega Italy, and Greece just to name a few that are better than LKL.
    What I meant to say is not that LKL is as good as other european leagues, but since the 2 teams are good, the finals level (and the mix is from the finals) is as good as euroleague.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a good point and I fully agree.

He doesn't have the name recognition that say, a Kemba Walker would have come in with, but he at least has something to show off, and Raptors PR need to get that moving quick time.
    And with Kleiza in the mix as well, it's only another tool to take advantage of.
    +1

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about that. If he performed well against an American team full of potential high lottery picks (even though Valanciunas' team is hardly full of potential NBA players, but that's been the argument of late) and in a non-exhibition game, then maybe. Considering the disdain toward the Euroleague (which is composed of the top European clubs), imagine how negative the response would be just because he didn't throw down 40+ points (in 20 minutes) against a country that isn't even on the level of the Euroleague, and whose most recent NBA memory is Ha Seung Jin. If anything, those who are still hostile over the decision would deem the Star to be in MLSE's pockets, if not already.
    Last edited by Quixotic; Sat Jul 2nd, 2011 at 04:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

You missed most of it, to be honest.

Draft day was a pretty embarrassing day to be a Canadian.
    Last edited by Quixotic; Sat Jul 2nd, 2011 at 04:50 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information