No announcement yet.

Casspi for Hickson deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Massive deal for the Kings. Hickson put up some massive stats when Varejao went down this season.

Comment

Prelude

Following the Miami Heat and LeBron James taking a 1-0 leader over the Dallas Mavericks in game one of the NBA Finals last night Cavs forward JJ Hickson didn’t wait long to publicly support James on his victory last night.

“[Shoutout] to the homie @KingJames!!! Go get you one bra,” tweeted Hickson.

Needless to say, within seconds Cavaliers fans exploded with questions, outrage and comments towards Hickson that cannot be repeated here. The overwhelming majority seem to be astounded that days after LeBron publicly humiliated his old teammates Hickson seemed to simply not care. James has not been afraid to admit that he left the Cavaliers because the talent on the team wasn’t up to his standards.

“Wow… I wasn’t raised to hate another person…,” he tweeted.

This second tweet surly didn’t make Cavaliers fans any less aggressive. Most were either mad about what he said or just mad that he didn’t realize that in tweeting what he did that this would be the response. Cavs fans figured Hickson would and should know better.

“Ima play my heart out for Cleveland or whoever.. That’s just me.. Y’all acting like I left,” he tweeted.

Despite the hate from followers, Hickson remained confident that he is a Cavalier for the long haul. However, rather than defuse the situation Hickson began retweeting others and refused to end it. After every new Hickson tweet more and more fans began responding.

“Im just saying congrads!!! Wow Cleveland.. I feel like an outsider now. Sad face,” he tweeted.

Before long fans were already suggesting Hickson be traded. The biggest complaint seemed to be that fans couldn’t understand how someone disrespected so much by a former teammate could still call him his homie. From a fans perspective it’s always hard to understand these situations. Professional athletes are paid to play this game and most know very little about the team they play for. But, with Hickson, it’s just extremely surprising to see someone react so positively to James who’s publicly said he wasn’t good enough for him.

“Love me or hate me, I plan on being in wine and gold for a long time! Got nothing but love for my city! s/o to my true fans #gocavs,” he tweeted.
      Source: Clevelandstrikesback.net

Comment

Hickson put up some decent numbers but they were on a terrible team that had almost no options offensively. Given the issues between him and Scott and the TT draft pick, this seems like a solid deal for the Cavs.

Apollo, great find. Hard to believe that didn't play some role in this trade, too. Likely the straw that broke the camel's back.

Comment

Word is him and Scott butted heads
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
            Apollo, great find. Hard to believe that didn't play some role in this trade, too. Likely the straw that broke the camel's back.
            Hickson sounds like a douchebag and he will be best friends with Cousins and Evans.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Hickson sounds like a douchebag and he will be best friends with Cousins and Evans.
              Seriously, that team NEEDS to get Artest so we can watch the explosions even on the bench!

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                Seriously, that team NEEDS to get Artest so we can watch the explosions even on the bench!
                lol I think those 3 stooges will just blame one another in the end because that's what punks do when they don't play defence and try to cover their own lazy asses.

Comment

Cleveland won big time IMO, Casspi is a far better overall player than Hickson. Hickson shoots bad percentages, takes too many shots, doesn't play anywhere near as good defense as Casspi, isn't a good rebounder. Casspi is a more complete player, players like Hickson come into the league every year. Also, the Cavs got a lottery pick in a 'great' draft next year. I don't believe the Kings will have anywhere near a winning season next year

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                    Cleveland won big time IMO, Casspi is a far better overall player than Hickson. Hickson shoots bad percentages, takes too many shots, doesn't play anywhere near as good defense as Casspi, isn't a good rebounder. Casspi is a more complete player, players like Hickson come into the league every year. Also, the Cavs got a lottery pick in a 'great' draft next year. I don't believe the Kings will have anywhere near a winning season next year
                    I think the trade helps both teams but I'd give the edge to Cleveland for the draft pick. It does have protections though:

The first-round pick the Cavs obtained is lottery-protected (picks 1-14) in
                    2012. It is also protected for the first 13 picks in 2013, the first 12 in
                    2014 and the first 10 from 2015-17.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/TheWireSto...#ixzz1R3He45St
                    I would imagine it would be 2014 unless Sacramento really make some stellar moves in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                    X