Casspi for Hickson deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casspi for Hickson deal

Mark Stein just tweeted that the Cavs have traded JJ Hickson to the Kings in exchange for Omri Casspi.

At first glance it looks like the Kings won this deal, although it's pretty obvious that the Cavs are making room for Tristan Thompson to start from day one and potentially go for the number one pick again next June in a loaded draft.

EDIT: Cavs also receive the Kings lottery-protected first round pick in 2012.
    Last edited by Fully; Thu Jun 30, 2011, 02:35 PM.

Cavs just got back 50 cents on a dollar.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I don't think Hickson is on the level to decide games.

Comment

holy shit apparently the cavs floated them a 1st round pick too?
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

the cavs just being the cavs, i guess.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

kind of kills any ideas I had about getting him here (Casspi). I wonder if any 2nd rounders were involved.

One of Greene or Casspi was gone since they brought in Salmons, and since Casspi was unhappy was probably the better choice. Good deal for Sacramento. I guess they had to get one right.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              holy shit apparently the cavs floated them a 1st round pick too?
              Ok that has gotta be a joke. That is crazy.

EDIT: not a joke, it is conditional, but holy crap that is one sided imo.
              Last edited by Maleko; Thu Jun 30, 2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

apparently it was backwards, cavs got the pick. makes more sense now.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Jimmer
                  Evans
                  Salmons
                  Hickson
                  Cousins

Will be hilarious to watch on D
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Kings have assembled a lot of talent, particularly on the offensive end, but Westphal's got his hands full trying to get it to come together. I bet he gets canned by Christmas.

Comment

Weren't there rumblings last season about J.J. and coach Scott not seeing eye to eye? Apparently hickson was unhappy about his situation there and there relationship really deteriorated. Probably why the cavs drafted Tistan to get rid of J.J.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                        Weren't there rumblings last season about J.J. and coach Scott not seeing eye to eye? Apparently hickson was unhappy about his situation there and there relationship really deteriorated. Probably why the cavs drafted Tistan to get rid of J.J.
                        Your right Scott wasn't happy with him on the boards/defensive end. The move makes room for Thompson while adding a nice wing in Casspi and a potential 1st rounder in a very solid draft. Good move for the Cavs IMO.

Comment

Is the 1st rounder lottery protected for 2012 only? I'd be curious to see what kind of protection the pick has.

Comment

Lottery protected through 2015
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              Lottery protected through 2015
                              And even then it's top 10 protected after 2015. I think this is a pretty solid trade for both teams. Omri took a step back last year and Kings are pretty loaded in that position, where Cavs have...Eyenga?
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                              X