Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Patric Young on Jonas Valanciunas: "I know for a fact he is not a lottery pick"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Patric Young on Jonas Valanciunas: "I know for a fact he is not a lottery pick"

Conversation on Twitter:

RR: What did you think of Jonas Valanciunas?

Patric: I know for a fact he is not a lottery pick. He has potential though and he is still a good player though and a good guy. I think its a good investment but yall cant give him every foul call lol

RR: Is that what you think happened in your game?

Patric: I know thats what happened 3 Lithuanian refs in Lithuanina and their superstar is playing come on lol.
    http://twitter.com/#!/Patric4Young/
    http://twitter.com/#!/raptorsrepublic/

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So what does that say of Patric Young?

He managed only 3pts/3rebs and a number of fouls compared to 23/11 for Jonas.

Also, they were quite chippy with one another especially in the 3rd quarter. Young sounds like a kid trying to save face after getting punked.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Jun 30th, 2011 at 02:45 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha. Thanks for the hot tip Patric.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Starter MyMomLovesMe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I know for a fact that Valanciunas handed Patrick's ass back to him after the final whistle.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Weird, because I read a quote somewhere (can't find it) where he said some very complimentary things about him. But really, if Valanciunas isn't a lottery pick, that's not saying very much for himself. Kids say the stupidest things. Apparently he's still got to learn when not to say something.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Patric Young...talent evaluator supremo and unaware of the term "sour grapes".

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

kinda like a mcdonalds employee telling you "i know for a fact that salad is not good for you"

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

who the f@#$ is Patric Young?

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote black angus wrote: View Post
    who the f@#$ is Patric Young?
    Draft Express has him as the 8 overall pick next year.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

Talks trash on Twitter, but did nothing to warrant it after his on-court performance. Tough guy lol.

Post Thanks / Like

And what is he basing his decision on? the smacking he got from V the other day? honestly I hope the two teams meet again during the tournament so he can get another whooping just to keep him in line.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

man people are getting pretty defensive when one of his peers criticizes him.....

.... scouts know all, fans know all, his peers know nothing (although I bet if he complimented him the same people would be mentioning, "hey look at what his opponent said about him")

Post Thanks / Like

americans killed chile today. my boy lamb went off.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    americans killed chile today. my boy lamb went off.
    The Americans were facing Egypt. Chile isn't even in the competition.

Raptors Republic Rookie meductic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He was drafted 5th, so by definition... NBA.net does not have Patric Young ranked at all. It is just a kid making a comment that he hasn't correctly thought out.
    Last edited by meductic; Thu Jun 30th, 2011 at 07:52 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    man people are getting pretty defensive when one of his peers criticizes him.....

.... scouts know all, fans know all, his peers know nothing (although I bet if he complimented him the same people would be mentioning, "hey look at what his opponent said about him")
    Uh, if Dwight Howard criticized Valanciunas after dominating him, I might give the opinion more respect, but to say Young is one of his peers? Really?

The amusing part is this:

First he says, "I konw for a fact he is not a lottery pick."

Then he says, "Just like you guys im entitled to my own opinion. Im just a 19 year old kid thats seen him play once so you dnt have to listen to me."

Do you not see the contradiction? Only seen him play once, but he knows for a fact, as if he was an actual scout? If he released his scouting report on the top 14 players in the 2011 NBA draft, would you bet money on it? You don't have to like Valanciunas to see the humor in that.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Young is a funny guy:

Patric4Young to RaptorsRhetoric: "Your entitled to your opinion your not an nba scout or a gm or a coach."

Hendrix_Grizz to Patric4Young: "You're entitled to your opnnion too but next time youy state a "fact" remember that you're not a GM, scout or coach either. & u're a great player. Keep in mind that u just said you seen him play once. Scouts & GM's have been scouting the kid for yrs."

Patric4Young to Hendrix_Grizz: "Yea but I am a TOP NBA prospect glory to God"

Someone needs to tell the kid about the greatest player to have played the game (Jordan) being a horrendous talent evaluator.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quixotic wrote: View Post
    Young is a funny guy:

Patric4Young to RaptorsRhetoric: "Your entitled to your opinion your not an nba scout or a gm or a coach."

Hendrix_Grizz to Patric4Young: "You're entitled to your opnnion too but next time youy state a "fact" remember that you're not a GM, scout or coach either. & u're a great player. Keep in mind that u just said you seen him play once. Scouts & GM's have been scouting the kid for yrs."

Patric4Young to Hendrix_Grizz: "Yea but I am a TOP NBA prospect glory to God"

Someone needs to tell the kid about the greatest player to have played the game (Jordan) being a horrendous talent evaluator.
    Did he actually say the last statement? wow what a cocky bastard.

Raptors Republic Starter TheR3dMenace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for a laff

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote quixotic wrote: View Post
    young is a funny guy:

Patric4young to raptorsrhetoric: "your entitled to your opinion your not an nba scout or a gm or a coach."

hendrix_grizz to patric4young: "you're entitled to your opnnion too but next time youy state a "fact" remember that you're not a gm, scout or coach either. & u're a great player. Keep in mind that u just said you seen him play once. Scouts & gm's have been scouting the kid for yrs."

patric4young to hendrix_grizz: "yea but i am a top nba prospect glory to god"

someone needs to tell the kid about the greatest player to have played the game (jordan) being a horrendous talent evaluator.
    loooool

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information