Players Should Stop Talking - Lockout Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players Should Stop Talking - Lockout Sucks

I don't know how the players union can allow these guys to keep talking. Kevin Durant made comments about how they players won't let the NBA win. What an idiot. He needs to leave let the union leaders deal with the issue and not open his mouth. Same with everyone else, even the team reps shouldn't say anything to the media. The owners pay 57% of gross revenue to these guys and with the 43% left over they are expecte to pay for the venue, the ticket guys, commentators, travel, hotels, food, coaches, GM's, advertising, etc etc etc. Of course the owners want to decrease payroll, they pay for everything else. Even if every team made money the system is still broken. How do you keep a team competitive when teams (lakers, mav's, magic, etc) pay millions upon millions over the cap to pay the best of the best to play for them leaving the rest of the league thin on talent. Since the NHL put in a hard cap there have been no repeat champions. It's not a shot at the players, but a move to make the league more competitive.

I don't want a lockout because it makes my morning basketball readings boring and not having a league next year will suck big time. At the same time though, there have to be changes made to the system to make things work better. I would much rather have a competitive league than one that has the lakers and celtics in the finals every year. I'd rather have an NBA that had 30 teams around .500 than 8-10 at .7 and 10-12 at .3 or worse. The players union is greedy and if they don't make concessions I hope the league holds out until the union breaks.

the players are being very greedy in my opinion. I saw what stern had to say after the last talks that resulted in the lockout. The league is losing money, meaning it is not profitable. The players currently average about 5.6mil a year. What the players want includes raising the average annual salary to about 7mil. How could a league that is hitting new records in terms of revenue but still LOSING expect to INCREASE the salary of all its players?! I dont understand the players proposal, I really think the owners and stern want the record breaking tv ratings and seat sales to continue, not break all the momentum of awesome basketball with a lockout!!!! It just doesnt look like they have a choice. I really dont know what else to think, I hope the players get it in there heads quick that making an average 5mil a year is PLENTY.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
    X