Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada vs Lithunia 1:30pm EST (FIBA U19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Valanciunas fouled out in just 14 minutes. He did put up eye popping stats in that amount of time, but that's going to be his biggest problem, especially when he gets to the NBA. I'd expect a year or two of Amir like foul-issues. My Amir comparison really does seem pretty accurate, at this point.
    I agree, Jonas' best comparison is a taller, longer amir johnson with more upside.

Comment

Comment

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
          I agree, Jonas' best comparison is a taller, longer amir johnson with more upside.
          Is that a good thing?!

Comment

I didn't see the game, but how is he getting his fouls? Is it off dumb plays like reaches or lumping when he should try to take the charge or is it that he is too skinny to stay in position? Either way, having another season in the Euro's will help him get better at that par of the game.

If he can bring the same stuff that Amir has brought for us, especially in terms of advanced metrics and hustle, he'll be an excellent player. If he cuts down on the fouls and gets stronger and we'd have one hell of a center.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Is that a good thing?!
              A taller, longer Amir would probably be a top ten center. And one with more upside might end up as a top 3 center. So, ya. I'd say it's a good thing.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Jonas hit a three!
                does anyone know how his jumpshot is? his ft% is really good for a centre like him!
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Surprisingly, he has made a few mid range jump shots in this tournament. He looked good making them, so it's not like he can't do it, instead he just doesn't take many of them, he seems to know where his bread is buttered. Does what others on his team don't. He knows his advantage is size and utilizes it to the maximum against all.

This is why statistically he has been off the hook, just playing smart with his size, no tricks or vanity, just smart ball.

(Which I like very much, remember Antonio Davis pushing his jump shot on us, why dude? why? we need you beating up the rim and drawing fouls from their big men... no one benefits when our beast is floating and playing pussy ball)
                  Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Sun Jul 3, 2011, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X