Weems Signing Overseas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
    The kidding aside, he may become a more complete player over there, it was good for Anthony Parker.
    That's who I always say Sonny should strive to emulate. I'm happy for him and glad to see him go. Don't have anything against him but if we're going to build this team, I think a vet would help chemistry more. He'll definitely get more of a chance to develop his game over there and maybe come back a better player. Good news for everybody, really

Comment

Smart move. This way he slips underneath the NBA/FIBA verbal agreement and also beats the potential rush.

Comment

I wonder what team it will be... here's hoping it's Lietuvos Rytas! Sonny going over to get a head-start on learning to run the pick-and-roll with JV.

This is great for his development though, and I'm actually a little impressed (which would be just about the first time that I've been impressed with anything about Weems) that he's taking a route that isn't particularly easy, but shows that he's thinking about his game and his career. I wonder if he talked about this with the Raptors - perhaps they even gave him a few names to call.

Comment

if he becomes better i have no issue with it
          ya dun noe

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Smart move. This way he slips underneath the NBA/FIBA verbal agreement and also beats the potential rush.
            This could be the first smart bit of advice Sonny has ever received based on his on and off court decisions the last couple of seasons.

Comment

"Chuck" Weems taking his talents to Europe, I have a feeling he'll be back in the NBA in 1 year.

Comment

So long Sonny, hope you improve your game over there and come back a better player for us.

Comment

KingRaptors wrote: View Post
                  "Chuck" Weems taking his talents to Europe, I have a feeling he'll be back in the NBA in 1 year.
                  The article says he has full intentions of returning after a year.

Comment

When he comes back, does he come to us? Do we have his rights or whatever? Or is he a straight up FA?
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

These dudes rarely come back better, btw. Just ask Childress and Pargo.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        When he comes back, does he come to us? Do we have his rights or whatever? Or is he a straight up FA?
                        Because we made the qualifying offer on him, we maintain his rights as a restricted free agent when he decides to come back.
                        I believe.

Comment

So he plays in europe, probably gets better, we free up a roster spot and a little bit of money for a year
                          He returns next year when he is better and Barbosa is gone?
                          plus he get practice even if there is a lockout?

Seems like a good strategy

Comment

Too many "whens" and not enough "ifs"
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'm gonna guess he's played his last game as a Raptor. Casey isn't gonna tolerate a gunner who can't shoot a good percentage, or defend, or do anything else of value.
                              You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

Tortacular wrote: View Post
                                I'm gonna guess he's played his last game as a Raptor. Casey isn't gonna tolerate a gunner who can't shoot a good percentage, or defend, or do anything else of value.
                                You realize that Bargnani is still on the Raptors right?

Comment

Working...
                                X