Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samuel Dalembert should sign with us ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuel Dalembert should sign with us ...

I think out of all the C's in the league Dalembert is the best fit for us ... here is why:

1) He would enjoy playing in Canada and I think would bring it 100% playing for us.

2) He is a 10 rebound per game C ... you give him 30min he will pull down more then 10 in my opinion.

3) If Bargs is our starting PF I think Dalembert could cover up his shitty rebounding (which will make him look better so higher trade value if we trade him).

4) When Jonas get here Dalembert will be a great example for him and an awsome mentor (He would be one of the few C's that would be proud to be a raptor).

5) He is cheaper then Chandler and Nene (if you think either of them want to play for the raps your crazy ... we will have to kill our cap space to get them here)

I am calling it right now ... Raps will sign Dalembert to a 3 year deal 30 Million Deal. Our line up in 2012/2013

PG: Bayless / FA, draft pick or trade
    SG: DeMar DeRozan / FA or trade
    SF: James Johnson / FA, draft pick or trade
    PF: Amir Johnson / Ed Davis (either could start)
    C: Samuel Dalembert / Jonas Valanciunas (either could start depending on how Jonas plays)

I think the raps will trade Andrea Bargnani / Linas Kleiza / Jose Calderon / Leandro Barbosa before their contracts run out as well. With what we get in return for those players plus Jonas Valanciunas and next years draft pick we will be the next Baby Bulls or Thunder ... just watch and see.

No offense, but I think you're on crack if you think Dalembert is coming here for $10 mil/per, and it's not cause he wouldn't take that deal. There's absolutely no chance in hell BC will throw that kind of money at him.

Also, I doubt that just because Sam played high school ball in Montreal that makes him a likely candidate to play in T.O.. I think people overvalue that fact when thinking he would like to play here. If his conduct with the National Team is any indication of his character in general, I don't want any part of him anyways. He's a serviceable big, nothing more-nothing less to me and I wouldn't want him disrupting the teams chemistry which seems to be doing just fine.

Comment

I would be on board to having Sammy D coming in as long as he understands that he's not an offensive player. If he can come in and play some decent help D and rebound the ball he would be great.

Comment

Can Leo Rautins be at the press conference?

Comment

Where is Jose in your lineup? He still has 2 years left.

I'm all about Sammy D, but bringing in a C to play 30 minutes would hurt Ed and/or Amir's development.
          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

He is not the same player he was in philly he has to get back in the gym if we were to take him.

Comment

Only way I take Sammy D is if it's on a 2 year 5 million per year with the second being a team option or partially guaranteed. This would also be after all of the other serviceable centers weren't available. He's not the worst free agent out there for us but he also isn't anywhere near the top that's for sure.

Comment

If you think that adding Dalembert to the Raptors makes them the next Bulls or Thunder, then I don't think you're living on the same planet as the rest of us.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

On one hand I think this is a awful idea and pray this doesn't happen, on the other hand it'd make when Leo announces a lot more interesting.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    If you think that adding Dalembert to the Raptors makes them the next Bulls or Thunder, then I don't think you're living on the same planet as the rest of us.
                    i think you miss understood him. I think he is saying that with the development of our young core (demar, bayless, ed, amir, val) we could be the next okc or bulls. Not that Dalembert will bring us there, rather he suggests this idea for the hole we have currently.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

no way his work ehtic is terrible
                      ya dun noe

Comment

I dont know about this optimism (in op mostly) about SD being the giving, mentoring and patriotic type. Nothing in his career so far has depicted these traits...as far as I am aware. Even his blowup Leo/National team is murky. I am afraid regardless of Leo's possible shortcomings I still believe in the coach/team/player hierarchy. I am not sure what really happened but SD gave up on the team by walking. Not good form I am afraid. He has had similar problems in Philly and Sacremento so mentoring does not seem his forte. He does have talent and I am not sure if his head is on straight. Certainly Triano would not be a good coach matchup but Casey might be able. Risky though.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          i think you miss understood him. I think he is saying that with the development of our young core (demar, bayless, ed, amir, val) we could be the next okc or bulls. Not that Dalembert will bring us there, rather he suggests this idea for the hole we have currently.
                          Either way, the Raptors are at least one MAJOR piece away from being the next Bulls or Thunder. A piece like Rose or Durant.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

agreed, hopefully kabongo, or barnes or whoever comes out of this 'legendary' 2012 class will be the one to push us over the top? [: wishful thinking
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I think you're making a lot of assumptions about how much he would love to play for us. Why would he "love" to play in Canada when he didn't even last with our national team? On top of that Leo is here, and the two of them fighting was apparently the reason why he left the NT.

What makes you assume he would be such a willing "mentor"? Our kids need playing time, and he wasn't happy when he didn't start last year in Sactown, and he likely wouldn't be happy being replaced in the starting lineup by another kid. He's not so old that he'll happily accept a bench role yet. On top of all that, he just came off a year of playing with a rebuilding team. With winning teams like the Knicks and Heat also rumoured to be persuing him, NO WAY he comes here. Plus, the contract you're proposing is way overpaying him. I don't see the point in signing big contracts while we're a rebuilding team. Once we're on the come up again, then we can talk spending big. At this point, we're better served saving our cap space and hoarding assets. I don't have anything against the guy, and think he's a solid player (when he has his head on straight), but we're better off just waiting for JV to come over.
                              Last edited by Ice_man; Wed Jul 6, 2011, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X