Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Raptors Fans who wanted Beasley

http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=371145

MINNEAPOLIS -- Police say Minnesota Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley was ticketed for possessing marijuana and speeding in the Minneapolis suburb of Minnetonka last week.

Capt. Scott Boerboom said Thursday that an officer stopped Beasley around 3 a.m. on June 26 on Interstate 394 after clocking him going 84 m.p.h. in a 65 m.p.h. zone. He says the officer smelled a strong odour of marijuana coming from the car.

The report says the officer found 16.2 grams of it under the front passenger seat of Beasley's car. It says Beasley claimed the marijuana was not his, but belonged to a friend whom he had just dropped off.

The possession charge is a petty misdemeanour that carries a fine of $128. The Timberwolves say they can't comment during the lockout.

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
    http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=371145

MINNEAPOLIS -- Police say Minnesota Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley was ticketed for possessing marijuana and speeding in the Minneapolis suburb of Minnetonka last week.

Capt. Scott Boerboom said Thursday that an officer stopped Beasley around 3 a.m. on June 26 on Interstate 394 after clocking him going 84 m.p.h. in a 65 m.p.h. zone. He says the officer smelled a strong odour of marijuana coming from the car.

The report says the officer found 16.2 grams of it under the front passenger seat of Beasley's car. It says Beasley claimed the marijuana was not his, but belonged to a friend whom he had just dropped off.

The possession charge is a petty misdemeanour that carries a fine of $128. The Timberwolves say they can't comment during the lockout.
    None of this would have any effect on how I viewed Beasley. Which is not in a positive light to begin with.

That is to say I could care less that he smokes weed or speeds. I'm more concerned that he is a jacker that doesn't defend.
    Last edited by GarbageTime; Wed Jul 6, 2011, 08:23 PM.

Comment

hahahha Beasley's a major pothead.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I wonder how many times officers hear, "It belongs to my friend." Nice try Beasley.

Comment

BC always tries to get good character guys... However I wonder how Reggie Evans will pan out in the short term...

Comment

Apparently, he also had Cypress Hill's Temple of Boom playing loud in the car.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

This guy is a genius. Speeding at 3AM on the interstate, stinking of weed and carrying 16 grams of pot by himself? He needs to take notes from Melo and always have somebody riding shotgun to blame it on[sarcasm alert in case it's not obvious].

Beasley has "tragic case of wasted talent" written all over him. He needs to decide fast if he wants to use his talents to be a star in the league or if he'd rather be a lazy punchline who gets dropped faster than you can say Vin Baker once his natural talents don't carry the weight anymore. I don't know, maybe he's already decided on going to lazy punchline path...

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                Apparently, he also had Cypress Hill's Temple of Boom playing loud in the car.
                I'd almost respect him if that was the case.

Beez is such an idiot. How many times do players have to go through this to understand: you have all the money in the world. Don't carry drugs or guns on your person, pay someone for that. Don't get into a fight, pay someone for that. And like Shaq said to Kobe: "Don't rape that girl, pay her for that."
                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

I was waiting to see who would post this. I was laughing so hard this morning cause i remember so many fans on here wanted Beasley and were pissed BC didint get him. well fans, this is why BC is the GM and not us. I dont care that Beaseley even smoked weed its just the fact that he keeps getting busted for it. I wouldnt doubt that alot of Pro athletes smoke pot sometimes but be smart about it and dont get busted a year later for the 2nd time . *** This year it seemed like we finally diidnt have any wierdos on the raps and the locker room seemed to be alot better. Beasley is like dating a hot chick that is alot older... He has tons of baggage.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    This guy is a genius. Speeding at 3AM on the interstate, stinking of weed and carrying 16 grams of pot by himself? He needs to take notes from Melo and always have somebody riding shotgun to blame it on[sarcasm alert in case it's not obvious].

Beasley has "tragic case of wasted talent" written all over him. He needs to decide fast if he wants to use his talents to be a star in the league or if he'd rather be a lazy punchline who gets dropped faster than you can say Vin Baker once his natural talents don't carry the weight anymore. I don't know, maybe he's already decided on going to lazy punchline path...
                    apparently Beasley wasnt High when he got pulled over. He was just caught speeding and possessing the weed. Not that it makes things much better.

Comment

Was never a fan of Beas in college and I seriously doubted he'd be in the league very long cause of his character concerns. He's a grade-A moron. Even tho he has undeniable talent, he's not THAT talented, nor is he worth the trouble.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Time to get him!

Quick, before he goes to the Euroleague - only place more accepting of weed than Canada. Too bad there isn't a team in Vancouver for him.

The weed I could care less about. Government should find a way to make it legal without encouraging widespread use (to take the criminal element out of it). Either way, it is not performance enhancing, and is only limiting if done in great quantities (maybe he doesn't work hard on defence because he does not have enough air?).

The speeding and other stupidity makes me not want him around. Idiots are always idiots. He needs a serious superstar to kick his ass. I guess Wade couldn't do it. There need to be more Oakley's in this league.

Comment

Here this would be a "non-issue"

Comment

EaseMyPain wrote: View Post
                            The weed I could care less about. Government should find a way to make it legal without encouraging widespread use (to take the criminal element out of it).
                            I don't think widespread use would be a problem. I think by this point anybody that would've smoked weed already has, and does so. You'd probably see a sudden spike for a year or so but people would eventually look at it just like alcohol (and don't even get me started on our liquor laws)

Comment

Yeah, never really cared for him tbh, character-wise and skill-wise he's not a player I'd like to have on this team.

That being said, I could really care less about what a player smokes as long as he can play.

Joakim Noah has been charged with possession of marijuana before, and he's still a guy I'd like to have on my team.

Comment

Working...
                              X