Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STREAMING: Lithunia vs Poland 6:30 AM EST (FIBA U19 Latvia 2011 Quarter Finals)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STREAMING: Lithunia vs Poland 6:30 AM EST (FIBA U19 Latvia 2011 Quarter Finals)

For those of you who want to wake up early and watch some basketball. Lithuania will be taking on Poland at 7:30am Toronto time.

I will post the streaming link in this thread when action is about to start. Giving you heads up to those that want to set the alarm clocks for this event.

Lithuania vs Poland Stream
    Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Fri Jul 8, 2011, 07:30 AM.

I'm up at 6:15 every day haha... will definitely try and catch some before heading out. Probably only see a few minutes though if it starts at 6:30. Will be my first live viewing of our rookie. Thanks MMLM!

Comment

RIGA (2011 FIBA U19 World Championship) – When Poland and Lithuania meet in the first of tomorrow’s Quarter Finals, Arena Riga will see a match-up between two sides who display a fine balance of individual talent and team play.

Lithuania, who won gold at last year’s European U18 Championship, are fronted by NBA Draft fifth pick Jonas Valanciunas, stats leader in both points and rebounds, but have considerable depth to their roster, with among the most evenly shared court time of any team.

They began their tournament in the worst possible way, with [a] defeat to Croatia, but have gone from strength to strength, falling only to the USA – in overtime – and this without their only true point guard Vytenis Cyzauskas, who is expected to return after two games out with an ankle injury.

Poland also had a bright 2010, winning silver in Hamburg at the FIBA U17 World Championship with the same team – the youngest of the Championship – that they have brought to Latvia. Star guard Mateusz Ponitka and captain Michal Michalak have provide excellent leadership as well as the bulk of the scoring and should be able to hold their own.

Poland know that the game will be won or lost inside the paint, and Lithuania’s two defeats have come at the hands of teams who have succeeded in neutralizing the mighty Valanciunas. Boris Barac and Patric Young managed to do just that, allowing every other battle won on court to count for something.

Huge responsibility will therefore be placed on the broad shoulders of Piotr Niedzwiedzki and Przemyslaw Karnowski.
      http://latvia2011.fiba.com/pages/eng...0/article.html

(I spell checked this article, the original still had errors)

Comment

Was 30 and 15 vs USA neutralized?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Was 30 and 15 vs USA neutralized?
          LOL, I think that is as much neutralization as they can hope for. In Val's case I think it means getting him to shoot under 50% from the floor.

Comment

Shouldn't it be a 7:30 start time for us?

Comment

At first I thought it was 5:30, but then I used a web based converter for Riga Latvia, translated into Toronto time and it spat out 6:30. I guess in this case its better to wake up early and be wrong than tune in late and miss most of the action.

Comment

Anyone capturing the stream of this one or the probable next round?

Comment

Thanks a lot for the heads up, definitely gonna try to tune in.

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                    At first I thought it was 5:30, but then I used a web based converter for Riga Latvia, translated into Toronto time and it spat out 6:30. I guess in this case its better to wake up early and be wrong than tune in late and miss most of the action.
                    might wanna doulbe check your sources. On real GM alot of other ppl claim the game starts at 7:30 EST not 6:30EST

Comment

the source i just used http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter/ claims the game is gonna be on 8:30 am T.O time

Comment

you sure? I will change the title. (maybe i misinterpreted... its at 13:30 right? their time? )

Comment

Okay guys my bad,

Start is 14:30 their time

using http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

says it is 7:30 am Toronto time (changing the thread now) - thanks to all those that corrected me.

(sorry joey_hesketh, looks like you will not catch the start after all, my bad)

EDIT: I edited the opening msg and subject, but it did not take, mods/admin? any ideas?
                          Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Fri Jul 8, 2011, 02:00 AM.

Comment

looks like i will miss this game as I will be well on my way to work

Comment

im working all night till 6 am. Gonna get "Beasley" and watch Big V in action! ye ye

Comment

Working...
                              X