• Yao Ming retired

Now the drafting as many pf's as possible kind of makes sense
    @sweatpantsjer

jk no it doesn't
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6749511

Comment

Too bad those giants can't stay healthy.

Comment

To think of all the years Houston was in limbo waiting for Yao to recover. It's bad luck all around for every one, the Rockets and Yao alike. When Yao was healthy he was virtually impossible to contain.

Comment

He will be a great ambassador to the game. Too bad for the NBA he was one of their most iconic players.

Being this tall is a long term curse. Its best to stay away from drafting anyone taller then 7'2, they are either too slow or too fragile but if its someone like Yao Ming, you got to roll the dice and hope you win the championship within 5-7 years.

Canada has two tall East Indian brothers playing in highschool (one is in FIBA under 19) who are taller then 7'2 but I don't think they can make it to the NBA unless they can find success playing special nitch playing less then 20 minutes a game.

Comment

I miss him already :'(
              Must be depressing working so hard to get your self healthy just to retire at the end of the day...
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

One of the few class acts in the NBA and pro sports in general. Very sad to see him go.
                He only played 9 seasons, but in the end his legacy will probably be greater than that of hall-of-fame centres like David Robinson or Ewing.

Comment

I think that's a bit much.

Comment

Keyword is legacy.

Yao has obviously done much more for the game than both of the forementioned

Comment

This is my first memory of Yao Ming playing basketball. I don't remember who won the game, but I remember this jump ball between VC and Yao Ming.

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

I got a good chuckle from this Yao Ming skit from MadTv

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6756360

"An online poll on Weibo by Monday lunchtime showed that 57 percent of respondents would stop watching the NBA after Yao's retirement."

With ~1.5 billion potential fans, the NBA could potentially be losing about 877 million them in the blink of an eye. That's almost 3x more people in the US and Canada combined.

Comment

Do we know how many people responded to the poll?
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Let's be real here guys, Yao was pretty overrated. he averaged 19 and 9 on his career. that's hardly hall of fame numbers much less all star.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X