Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets not get caught in the Jonas hype just yet.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lets not get caught in the Jonas hype just yet.

I see many fans praising Jonas domination of Under 19 basketball tournament. He deserves those praises for playing this well but let’s not kidd ourselves. This tournament is meaningless in terms of evaluating if Jonas can be a star player in the NBA. Most of those star players in the tournament couldn't hack it as starters on above average NCAA team ( I am not saying Jonas is one of them).

Wait until he plays the Men's tournament in the end of August before we can see any indication of NBA potential. The fact that he's 19 and playing this well among his age group is a good start.
    Last edited by Hotshot; Fri Jul 8th, 2011 at 04:11 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I see many fans praising Jonas domination of Under 19 basketball tournament. He deserves those praises for playing this well but let’s not kidd ourselves. This tournament is meaningless in terms of evaluating if Jonas can be a star player in the NBA. Most of those star players in the tournament couldn't hack it as starters on above average NCAA team.

Wait until he plays the Men's tournament in the end of August before we can see any indication of NBA potential. The fact that is 19 and he is playing this well among his age group is a good start.
    If he will play there at all. He is only part of the candidate list for being part of the national team. Lithuanian head coach said it doesn't matter that he is drafted, he will have to show what he can do during the preparation. Lithuania has a couple of older, stronger and more experienced centers.
    However, considering Jonas' enthusiasm and dedication for the game, he might just make it. You can watch the games live now and you can clearly see his strengths and weaknesses, we can already make some assumptions about him. I agree with you, it is a pretty good start.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hyped because that's it's fun to be optimistic for a change. If I'm disappointed in the end at least I had the joy of being hyped...

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I see many fans praising Jonas domination of Under 19 basketball tournament. He deserves those praises for playing this well but let’s not kidd ourselves. This tournament is meaningless in terms of evaluating if Jonas can be a star player in the NBA. Most of those star players in the tournament couldn't hack it as starters on above average NCAA team ( I am not saying Jonas is one of them).

Wait until he plays the Men's tournament in the end of August before we can see any indication of NBA potential. The fact that he's 19 and playing this well among his age group is a good start.
    Dude leave me alone! It's all I got right now...
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kid needs a gum badly but it's a start

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Would you prefer...

Well, the domination is against... his peers. Men you say, ummm, does Euroleague count? He's 19 right? How would you feel if he was struggling against other 19 year-olds? Should we temper our excitement then?
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I'm hyped because that's it's fun to be optimistic for a change. If I'm disappointed in the end at least I had the joy of being hyped...
    Well its best not to have a knee jerk reaction in the end. Otherwise its going to be like Bargnani "oh he ain't no the next Dirk! at best he is a less athletic version of Rashar