X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qotw

Hey Guys,

We have some really good conversations around here and through all that sometimes posters come up with some very memorable quotes. Some are insightful or enlightening, while others are just flat out funny. I think it would be a great idea to try and save some of these for the future. So this is a test thread. If you see something written around here by a poster that you think is worthy of the "Quote of the week" then please by all means post it here along with the link to the quote. At the end of the week I'll create a poll and we can vote on which one we like the most. If this idea is good then I'll create a main thread which lists all of the "Quotes of the week". If this is a bad idea I'll only do this once and it will die with all the other bad ideas I've had around here.

Apollo

Great idea Apollo.

Will reward those people who choose to think a little bit more about what they write.

Comment

It's a good idea so I hope you don't let it die if it doesn't start off with a bang.

Comment

We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors.
        ~Weldon Drew

And here's one for my man Bargnani:

The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that's the day you start to the top.
        ~ O. J. Simpson

Comment

Thanks for contributing but this is concerning actual quotes written by Raptors Republic posters.

Comment

Good idea...but I hope it is organic/natural.

Comment

Apollo

Just trying to lighten up the mood.

Like Bendit, I'm on the natural side. Hopefully an upbeat one as well, as this will be a long summer, the way it's going.

Anyways, I like the idea. It could end up being a thread with legs. If it remains in the RR spotlight I would think it'll have success.

Comment

Maybe sonny finds love overseas
                -RaptorDan

still makes me laugh when i think about it
                Last edited by ceez; Wed Jul 13, 2011, 09:50 AM.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

In response to the Everything Bargnani thread with 3600 replies and 157,279 views:

NoPropsneeded: just trade him so we can close this thread

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post90386

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    Good idea...but I hope it is organic/natural.
                    I could not agree more because I have always found that "Nature never hurries. Atom by atom, little by little she achieves her work."

More specific to the Raptors, though, reviewing this season makes me hope that "The rainbows of life [really do] follow the storm."

Comment

Alright, some good points were made in here. The first QOTW will last for two weeks to let people warm up to the idea. We'll do two more, spanning a week each, and if it catches on we'll keep doing it. That said, let's say the cutoff point for posting QOTW candidates is Jul 24th. We'll start voting on the 25th for the 1st ever QOTW and also open up a new thread for the second QOTW of July.

Comment

LeeZ's 100th post! He doesn't get a cake but his response to the Alabi prediction thread gets him in the running for QotW:

LeeZ wrote: View Post
                        If this guy EVER develops into a rotation player in this league, I will kiss Sarah Palin's ass.
                        view the original thread here
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

This is just a great sentence

Phat Farmer wrote: View Post
                          The thing that makes me optimistic is the fact that he seems to take his Karate very seriously.
                          In the context of the post it makes sense, but when I read it, it just made me chuckle. View the thread HERE
                          Last edited by ezz_bee; Wed Jul 20, 2011, 11:58 AM.
                          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            In response to the Everything Bargnani thread with 3600 replies and 157,279 views:

haha thanks for posting mine up

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

the bargnani thread is just jam packed with funny quotes.

Comment

Working...
                              X