Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Memorable Raptors Moments

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Starter Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    yeah, I'm serious

  2. #22
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hahaha Good one Prime. That certainly was memorable.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    T dot Ohhhhh
    Posts
    783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    what no mop girl clips?

  4. #24
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Jul 17th, 2011 at 10:59 PM.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They really need to bring Chuck Swirsky Back!!!!!!!!

    Raptor games havent been the same since...

    If all those players stayed in T.O we'd have a few titles by now!!!!!!! FOOLSSSS

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sofia,Bulgaria
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Chuck was the best. I miss him a lot more than I miss Carter

  8. #28
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote footarez wrote: View Post
    Chuck was the best. I miss him a lot more than I miss Carter
    Though I do agree that Chuck was one-in-a-million, and he represented the franchise VERY well, (and I'd take him over Devlin in a heartbeat); what Vince Carter did for the City of Toronto, and Toronto Basketball (and Basketball in Canada even), can never, and should never, be understated.

    As someone who grew up with Vince Carter, day in and day out, I could NEVER miss Chuck more than I do him.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sofia,Bulgaria
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Being said like that I could actually reconsider my statement.Maybe I just liked Chuck too much and caught Carter in his "I suck" days. But I definitely don't understate Vince's accomplishments not only for the city of Toronto but for basketball in general. Some(including myself) consider him as the best dunker in the history of the game. I just wish he had different mind set and better work ethic.

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Best in game dunker in history ... VC ... amazing.
    -And maybe guys like DeMar wouldn't be so happy playing in Toronto if Vince (one of their favourite players) didn't put it on the map!
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote footarez wrote: View Post
    Being said like that I could actually reconsider my statement.Maybe I just liked Chuck too much and caught Carter in his "I suck" days. But I definitely don't understate Vince's accomplishments not only for the city of Toronto but for basketball in general. Some(including myself) consider him as the best dunker in the history of the game. I just wish he had different mind set and better work ethic.
    he did... at the beginning.. there was a time that a little physical play didnt cause him to go into pouty pussy face mode and settle for jumpshots.. at one point he did have balls.

    VC is bittersweet. He was our best player ever. And, eventually, he was our biggest bitch ever.

  12. #32
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not really memorable from a Raptors POV, but this Iverson dunk on Camby is edged in my brain for some reason:



  13. #33
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Players giving their take on Vince's dunk contest:


  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Rookie KingRaptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The most insane dunk ever while Vince was a Raptor, I'm still in shock!


  15. #35
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This actually is my favourite memory of the Raptors.



    Just incredible watching this game Live.

    Dude was unconscious. Ice running through his veins.


    ADD Blue Jays just retired Roberto Alomar's Number; it was the first number they've EVER retired.

    Vince should get that honour as a Raptor.
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Jul 20th, 2011 at 04:25 PM.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    This actually is my favourite memory of the Raptors.



    Just incredible watching this game Live.

    Dude was unconscious. Ice running through his veins.


    ADD Blue Jays just retired Roberto Alomar's Number; it was the first number they've EVER retired.

    Vince should get that honour as a Raptor.
    Good times... good times.

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,880
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    This actually is my favourite memory of the Raptors.



    Just incredible watching this game Live.

    Dude was unconscious. Ice running through his veins.


    ADD Blue Jays just retired Roberto Alomar's Number; it was the first number they've EVER retired.

    Vince should get that honour as a Raptor.
    as much as i loved his 360's... no he shouldn't get honoured. He left us like a little bitch. Derozan all day!!!



    22PPG next season book it son!

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

    ADD Blue Jays just retired Roberto Alomar's Number; it was the first number they've EVER retired.

    Vince should get that honour as a Raptor.
    I'm pretty sure Dave Stieb, Tony Fernandez, Joe Carter, and George Bell are also retired.

    Difference between VC and Alomar is Alomar has 2 world championship rings to show for his stay.

  19. #39
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'm pretty sure Dave Stieb, Tony Fernandez, Joe Carter, and George Bell are also retired.
    Alomar's No. 12 will be the first uniform number retired in the Blue Jays' 35-year history during an on-field ceremony on July 31 at Rogers Centre.

    "This is an honor that I was not expecting," Alomar said during a news conference on Tuesday evening at Rogers Centre. "I knew my numbers were worthy of consideration for the Hall of Fame, but for the Blue Jays to select my No. 12 to be the first number they retire is a great honor.
    MLB.com
    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Difference between VC and Alomar is Alomar has 2 world championship rings to show for his stay.
    I know. But still. Carter led us to within one game of the Eastern Conference Finals... :P haha
    And put Toronto on the map for alot of Young Players, and encouraged countless young Canadians to embrace the sport of Basketball.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

  20. #40
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I know. But still. Carter led us to within one game of the Eastern Conference Finals... :P haha
    And put Toronto on the map for alot of Young Players, and encouraged countless young Canadians to embrace the sport of Basketball.
    Cool. I thought the Ring of Excellence was retired numbers but I guess that is like a plaque.

    I'd still say no to Wince :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •