Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suns get Thomas in a S&T, maybe ennis will be available?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Suns get Thomas in a S&T, maybe ennis will be available?

just a thought. The Raps were clearly pushing hard for Ennis on draft night all the way until the end. Likely things haven't changed & they would still be interested in bringing Ennis in. Would also be a contract we could fit under the cap? But with Thomas in the fold, he is likely to take that 3rd PG spot with the suns, seems like an opportunity to get him might be there now.

thoughts? any ideas what we could trade?

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ennis for 3rd backup guard? Wouldn't he be too expensive for that role?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Ennis for 3rd backup guard? Wouldn't he be too expensive for that role?
    Agreed
    I think, in certain scenarios Louis Williams will play Point Gaurd as well

I don't see the point anymore :s
    Unless the transaction somehow involves pj tucker xD

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, just rookie contract. I have no idea what space we have but you'd think we could afford him. We definitely could if we're moving a body off the roster (ie: fields/hayes/psycho T hopefully going the other way)

I think psycho T & a 2nd. Or just psycho T alone might be enough to get it done (I have no idea what their cap/roster looks like, i'm just spitballing). But what if we could do Psycho T, a 2nd rnd pick, & Fields or Hayes for ennis. We give them a good player & a salary dump for ennis, meanwhile this would also give us the cap space to get that big Center we are looking for. BAM roster filled.... sorta. Would miss hansbrough even though he is the 3rd PF, but if thats what it takes to get Ennis I'd do it, especially if we can dump 1 of fields/hayes off in the deal as well

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
    Agreed
    I think, in certain scenarios Louis Williams will play Point Gaurd as well

I don't see the point anymore :s
    Unless the transaction somehow involves pj tucker xD
    give ennis time to grow. in a perfect scenario williams/vasquez perform great, we'll likely lose 1 if not both of them over the next 2 years, ennis will be ready to step into that role.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CashGameND wrote: View Post

I think psycho T & a 2nd. Or just psycho T alone might be enough to get it done (I have no idea what their cap/roster looks like, i'm just spitballing). But what if we could do Psycho T, a 2nd rnd pick, & Fields or Hayes for ennis. We give them a good player & a salary dump for ennis, meanwhile this would also give us the cap space to get that big Center we are looking for. BAM roster filled.... sorta. Would miss hansbrough even though he is the 3rd PF, but if thats what it takes to get Ennis I'd do it, especially if we can dump 1 of fields/hayes off in the deal as well
    Dude you aren't going to poach Ennis for the scraps you just described, they know the Raptors heavily coveted Ennis, they would want someone back they coveted like Patrick Patterson.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

we don't know what the raptors offered to get him. seems like they didn't have much to offer (at the time they still had allot of re-signing to deal with). hansbrough isn't scraps. He might be on our team, but I think hes valuable to another team. Hayes might be close to scraps, but he can still play a bit, and brings a veteran presence, hes just on a bad contract. Packaging hans/hayes/2nd for ennis (who they've now relegated to their 4th PG, shows how much they value him) I don't think its that unrealistic
    Last edited by CashGameND; Sat Jul 12th, 2014 at 01:29 AM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CashGameND wrote: View Post
    just a thought. The Raps were clearly pushing hard for Ennis on draft night all the way until the end. Likely things haven't changed & they would still be interested in bringing Ennis in. Would also be a contract we could fit under the cap? But with Thomas in the fold, he is likely to take that 3rd PG spot with the suns, seems like an opportunity to get him might be there now.

thoughts? any ideas what we could trade?
    I'd say the straight up Tyler H for Tyler E is a pretty fair trade, that gives both teams something they need.

We're deep at PF and can give up the depth. Tyler H is a solid contributor, who we don't use as well as we could. They're crazy deep at PG now, and can also give up the depth of a maybe future contributor for solid help right now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What is Sun doing ?? too many Pgs !!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Bledsoe is out, possibly, may be getting interest from the Heat.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Really ? what is the source ? This is what I thogut as well. Blesoe, Wade, Bosh, well, that would be worth watching. How much Cap space does heat have now after blowing so much of it on Bosh

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This signing suggests to me that the Suns are preparing to lose Bledsoe or trade Dragic. It really makes no sense. 4 years $27M seems like a lot for a backup PG. Can he operate in a 2 PG lineup with either of the above? If not, then I don't see how he gets the minutes necessary to justify the signing. Seems very odd, but I guess if Bledsoe or Dragic get moved than I would imagine they keep Ennis.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It would have been nice to land Ennis but I think things worked out for the better.

A player like Bebe, assuming he becomes a solid back up C in the mold of Birdman or Wright, is extremely difficult to obtain.

I'd much prefer Williams over Prince.

I'd much prefer JJ over Prince as well.

It would have been nice to get the local kid but Bebe/Williams/JJ >>> Ennis/Prince
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

14. Like Bendit liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    No source, it's just me thinking out loud. Miami and the Lakers have the cap space for someone like Bledsoe. With Phoenix drafting Ennis and signing Thomas, that's a sign that the Suns are moving on from Bledsoe.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Suns also have Ish Smith...who was a great backup PG for them last season

Assuming Dragic permanently moves to the SG position (which is a fair assumption), they still have 3 undersized PG's and a rookie though...

What the hell ore they doing.....Minny 2.0?

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Collecting assets...reason undetermined at this point...maybe preparation for some loss in their current stash...Dragic becomes f/a next year...have seen what is happening to Rockets without parachute. lol.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

They must be after something but who is out there anymore ?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The question at the draft wasn't whether Phoenix would make Ennis available in a trade, it was what the Suns would require to be sent back in a trade. The signing of Thomas only magnifies his availability but probably won't limit the demands.

Ennis would be an excellent fit as a third string PG who the Raptors could develop on the end of the bench but I don't think that Phoenix would accept anything that Ujiri is willing to give up.

Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Salary wise it wouldn't work but in theory would you trade our first rounder for next year or the year after for Ennis?

Post Thanks / Like

there is something inherently unfair to a player being drafted into situations that allow them little chance of success. How is Ennis supposed to develop as the 4th PG

22. Like mcHAPPY, OldSkoolCool liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information