No announcement yet.

Raptors Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shall wait until after the dust is settled (f/a, amnesty, trades before season start).

Comment

It's still early of course, but I'm thinking 16 wins.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        Shall wait until after the dust is settled (f/a, amnesty, trades before season start).
        You could but its starting to seem like they're not going to do much...

Comment

I went with under, i don't think they'll casey is going to do very much this year because there just isn't much practice time
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I think 18 is bang on, but they'll have some moral victories in there as well so I took the OVER!

Comment

25 is what im thinkin

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                25 is what im thinkin
                When the shortened season is taken into account, that's about a 10 game improvement. TO what are you attributing that much improvement without any external additions apart from a new coach?

I said 15 earlier and they haven't done anything to change my mind about that.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  When the shortened season is taken into account, that's about a 10 game improvement. TO what are you attributing that much improvement without any external additions apart from a new coach?

I said 15 earlier and they haven't done anything to change my mind about that.
                  well everyone sounds like they improved on something during the off season and they will most likely improve on defense as well. So i think they might do ok this year. We lost a lot last year due to injuries

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    well everyone sounds like they improved on something during the off season and they will most likely improve on defense as well. So i think they might do ok this year. We lost a lot last year due to injuries
                    But where are those wins coming from? Pretty much everyone else in the bottom half improved (or are looking to) other than Charlotte. Did the Raptors improve more than all those other teams?
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Sweet 16.

Comment

• yes i think they did.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          But where are those wins coming from? Pretty much everyone else in the bottom half improved (or are looking to) other than Charlotte. Did the Raptors improve more than all those other teams?
                          Another gigantic year of growth and development from Demar Derozan, a more suitably defined role for Andrea Bargnani, a full healthy preparation for a season from Ed Davis and another year of experience, training camp and roles for Bayless and James Johnson, a hamstring injury free Jose, thumb surgery free Barbosa ... Coach Casey's dirty defensive mentality and an overall more experienced winning coach on the bench ... ?? No one can throw hate on people for being optimistic, maybe our youth is another factor that allows us to be fresh on these crazy back-to-backs and road trips, where older veteran teams, or teams with no depths could drop games.

Maybe not, but I don't think it makes sense to pretend to KNOW it's not possible.
                          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                            Another gigantic year of growth and development from Demar Derozan, a more suitably defined role for Andrea Bargnani, a full healthy preparation for a season from Ed Davis and another year of experience, training camp and roles for Bayless and James Johnson, a hamstring injury free Jose, thumb surgery free Barbosa ... Coach Casey's dirty defensive mentality and an overall more experienced winning coach on the bench ... ?? No one can throw hate on people for being optimistic, maybe our youth is another factor that allows us to be fresh on these crazy back-to-backs and road trips, where older veteran teams, or teams with no depths could drop games.

Maybe not, but I don't think it makes sense to pretend to KNOW it's not possible.
                            Who's throwing hate on people or "knowing" it's not possible. Why is simply being realistic hating? It seems to me, though, that I had very similar conversations at the beginning of last season.

Cleveland- A healthy Varejao, additions of Omri Casspi, Kyrie Irving and Tristan Thompson.
                            Minnesota- Rick Adelman as coach, additions of Ricky Rubio and Derrick Williams, continued growth of Kevin Love, Wesley Johnson, managements desire to win right now since they gave away their lottery pick
                            New Jersey- Full season with Deron Williams, probable free agent additions, continued growth of Brook Lopez
                            Sacramento- Healthy Tyreke Evans, additions of J.J. Hickson, John Salmons and Jimmer Fredette, continued improvement of DeMarcus Cousins and Jason Thompson
                            Washington- A healthy Rashard Lewis playing at natural position, additions of Jan Vesely and Chris Singleton, continued improvement of John Wall, JaVale McGee and Andray Blatche.

I think you get the point. A lot of Raptor fans look at the improvements of their own team without really thinking that ALL the young teams go through similar improvements. You ask all those other teams' fans and they'll probably say the same thing.

And while DeRozan and Davis will probably make some big improvements, Reggie probably won't be coming back, I wouldn't be surprised if Barbosa gets trade sooner rather than later, and with Bayless playing more minutes, it means less experience at the PG position, which means probably fewer wins.

Again, I'm simply being realistic.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Plus, you have to assume that there will be some injuries. An injury free season is incredibly rare, especially since several of the players have continued to struggle with injuries throughout their career.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I think 18 is pretty much smack on. And I will enjoy watching the games this year as well. As has been mentioned in another thread, they were pretty entertaining (to me at least) last year, and I expect another year of the same. I will enjoy seeing this team grow together and have hopes for significant improvement next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X