Raptors Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11. Toronto (Last Week: 13)

The Raptors are hot right now, 8-2 in their last 10, and making a serious push towards the playoffs. It’s too bad Chris Bosh will be leaving in the offseason because it seems Toronto is remembering how to play basketball again.
    Bleacher Report

I seriously don't know how the media in the States is going to react when Bosh re-signs. I could see them dare to call Bosh a fool seeing how much many have investing the the "Bosh is leaving" crap. The only one who will look foolish is them though...

Funny how all those reporters who are close to the team game in game out have not said even a word remotely along the lines of "Bosh is leaving". It's always these guys who might write one article about the team the whole season.
    Last edited by Apollo; Tue Feb 23, 2010, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Feb 23/10

11 Raptors · Trends 10
      Trade-deadline verdict: Winner. Holding on to Chris Bosh might turn out to be a mistake, but I like the message. Given recent occurrences on ice, basketball might be Canada's new national sport.
      CBS Sports

Comment

Mar 30/10

17 Raptors · Trends 18
        Toast of the town: Hedo Turkoglu responds well to benching, hits big 3 in critical win over Bobcats ... No shame in losing to Nuggets, Heat by total of four points.
        CBS Sports

Comment

March 31/10

18. Toronto Raptors (36-37) — Jose Calderon isn’t quite qualified to crack this list yet, but check back in 2012 when he’s making $10 million and he still can’t guard a tire swing.
          DimeMag.com

Comment

Apr 7/10 - CBS Sports: Hedo's fault if Raptors lose Bosh and miss the playoffs

Strong words from CBS Sports:

17 MDP: Hedo Turkoglu. If the Raptors lose Chris Bosh to free agency this summer, they can thank Turkoglu. He'll be the man most responsible if the club misses the playoffs.
            CBS Sports

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Strong words from CBS Sports:

CBS Sports
              He and Triano, for the most part.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                He and Triano, for the most part.
                No.

That will be all on Colangelo.

Its not Hedo job or Triano's job to convince Bosh to stay and resign with the team.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  No.

That will be all on Colangelo.

Its not Hedo job or Triano's job to convince Bosh to stay and resign with the team.
                  I was referring to them missing the playoffs. But that in turn, has an impact on him re-signing. The better they would have played this year, the more likely he would have been to re-sign.

Comment

Apr 13/10

18 2010-11 prediction: Fewer wins. Whether it's this week or next, Chris Bosh is gone. And so are the hopes the Raptors will be anything but a lottery club anytime soon.
                    CBS Sports

Comment

Apr 12/10

19 (39-42) 2010-11 outlook: They still might back their way into the playoffs. If so, they'll get swept by the Cavs. Either way, if they lose Bosh, they'll be in the lottery next year.
                      Fox Sports

Comment

20 The combo of five straight L's and Bosh's busted nose -- if it has finally KO'd these guys -- sends Bosh to free agency with a Raps sheet featuring two trips to the playoffs and one winning record in seven seasons.
                        ESPN.com

Comment

29 (40-42) Bosh, Wade and LeBron were the closest thing to one-man teams last season. (No wonder they decided to join forces.) Toronto has almost nothing left, and the surest sign of its desperation is giving $34 million to backup center Amir Johnson. (Who?!)
                          Source: Fox sports

Comment

In college sports power rankings are important because they are one of the main tools used to determine post-season tournament seeds and bowl match ups.

In some pro sports like Tennis power rankings are also used to determine tournament seeds

However, in pro baseball, football, basketball and hockey they are totally meaningless except that they keep someone employed which is a good thing unless they are employed at something criminal.
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

ESPN's First Power Rankings of the Year: Raptors #28

Ouch ..... but, is anyone really surprised? Needless to say we're some huge underdogs this season. There's nowhere but up ..... right?

28 (20) Raptors 40-42 Something tells me the combo of Hedo's departure and the usual longings here about moving the committee's offices to Toronto won't bring nearly enough comfort to our Canadian friends. Not after L'Affaire Bosh.
                              Source - Marc Stein's ESPN Power Rankings

Comment

About what you would expect from ESPN.
                                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X