Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For how long do you think Dwayne Casey will be the coach of the Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Isn't this all extremely premature?
    That's what she said!
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      Okay, well predicting how long he is going to last IS judging him. What do you think it is?

And I predicted Bargnani MIGHT be traded based on SOME evidence...
      http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...s-of-bargnani/

This is like never once having seen or even read a scouting report of a player and declaring he's going to be a bust...or an All-Star.

Fully, was that enough of a novel for you?
      Not your best work, Tim.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
        The man hasn't coached a single game yet and you're already lobbying for him to get an extension?

I think the lockout is making people go bananas.
        he coached the timber puppies i believe.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
          Not your best work, Tim.
          It was a novelette.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
            Let make it multiple choice, just vote for:

A
            The optimists: "We are now really in for a change, things are looking up. BC seems to finally get it. DeRozan will be an allstar soon, Davis and JV will be a killer frontcourt/Bargnani will be even better with a defensive center [pick one]. Let's keep Casey here for a long time and get on a roll!"

B
            The pessimists: "Come on, it's us, the Raptors, one of the worst (if not the) managed team in the last 16 years. We still got Pasta Whitey here and BC/Casey will try for 5 more years to make it work. Nothing's going to change, we're just being sold on rebuilding, retooling, new cultures (yada yada yada) to get us to go to games. BC will screw up again but will find another scapegoat and a new pr-strategy so he'll get another extension after this one. Why does this always happen to us??"

C
            The realists: "Let's just see how it goes and not make any premature judgements. Things are at least looking better than they did a year ago. JV seems like a good prospect and they might trade Bargnani/Bargnani might work with a defensive center [pick one]."
            A all the way!!!!!!!!

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              ...and "predicting" JV will play only 15-20mpg and will only be as good as a slightly better Biedrins when you havent even seen him play one single NBA game.
              I didn't address this part. First of all, at what point did I say that Valanciunas would only be as good as a slightly better Biedrins? Please point to the comment because I'd love to see it. I was EXTREMELY happy the Raptors ended up drafting him and have been one of the bigger boosters for him. Especially after watching him play in the U19s. I've talked about him being similar to Joakim Noah, except better offensively.

And I said that I thought Valanciunas would probably only play 15-20 mpg IN HIS ROOKIE SEASON mostly due to him adjusting to the speed and strength of NBA players and the way NBA games are officiated. I figured he'll have a similar year as Amir did in his first year with the Raptors, where he averaged 17 mpg.

And I'm basing my predictions on actually watching him play and knowing the history of players like that who move to the NBA. You want to predict Casey's tenure based on literally nothing. We have absolutely no idea how good a head coach he'll be, how successful the team will be, what players the team will acquire in the next year or two, and without knowing those variables, it's a ridiculous exercise to try and predict. It's like trying to predict the weather without knowing what time of year it is, what the weather was like previously and what part of the world you are in. It's pointless.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I agree with Tim on the MPG. Just look back at recent rookies past in Toronto even. DeRozan and Davis were both brought along slowly. In fact most rookies are brought along slowly in the NBA. If Bargnani, Davis and Johnson are still here (all under contract for 2012) then it's not like they're in dire need to force feed him minutes he may not be ready for straight out of the gate.

It's far more simplistic to predict MPG of a rookie on a team that you know like the back of your hand than a coach's lifespan on that same team. It's like comparing a needed decision that has ten variables to one that has 100.

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post
                  he coached the timber puppies i believe.
                  I should have specified that he hasn't coached a game yet with the Raptors.

Comment

Working...
                  X