Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ESPN Insider: Five lottery-to-playoffs acquisitions

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For the record, Amir's contract isn't "really good". It's reasonable. He'll be making $7 million a year by the time his contract expires which is honestly a bit on the high side for what he is right now - which is a serviceable big man off the bench who brings a lot of effort and efficiency.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    For the record, Amir's contract isn't "really good". It's reasonable. He'll be making $7 million a year by the time his contract expires which is honestly a bit on the high side for what he is right now - which is a serviceable big man off the bench who brings a lot of effort and efficiency.
    For a young athletic, hustling, rebounding, defensive and incredibly efficient offensive big man, it is a very good contract. It's not great, but for a guy who helps his team win as much as he does, it's very good.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it all boils down to what your definition of "very good" is. For me personally, a very good contract is one that actually underpays a player for what they provide. At $5-7 million dollars a season, that's not Amir Johnson.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it all boils down to what your definition of "very good" is. For me personally, a very good contract is one that actually underpays a player for what they provide. At $5-7 million dollars a season, that's not Amir Johnson.
    I think Amir was underpaid for what he produced this past season. Just looking at PER, he is above average, yet received a below average salary.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

PER can be a bit misleading. Like I said, it all depends on what you consider is a "really good salary". In my opinion, Amir was adequately compensated at $5 million this year but he's not exactly a steal.

Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

PER can be a bit misleading. Like I said, it all depends on what you consider is a "really good salary". In my opinion, Amir was adequately compensated at $5 million this year but he's not exactly a steal.
    He is not exaclty a steal based on our logical thought of how much an NBA player actually deserves as paycheck...that is different sotry. But compared to many other similar contracts around the league his deal is very good
    GarbageTime like Tim W. you and I can only hope that there won't be odd man out because the world becomes a happy place and Bargnani is not around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote footarez wrote: View Post
    He is not exaclty a steal based on our logical thought of how much an NBA player actually deserves as paycheck...that is different sotry. But compared to many other similar contracts around the league his deal is very good
    GarbageTime like Tim W. you and I can only hope that there won't be odd man out because the world becomes a happy place and Bargnani is not around
    I'm probably just splitting hairs over the wording then. Like I said, my criteria for a very good contract might be different than someone elses.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information