Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Fantasy Football Keeper League S2: Keepers Master List on p.3

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'll see what I can do.

You sure you don't want in on the keeper league? We have one open spot and there looks to be some really good players available to new comers.
    I dont know if I have the time to keep up on players/stats etc ....with some of you "sharks"

Thanks anyway.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on Bendit! Take a chance!

What are u willing to part with for Finley, Apollo?
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I'm saying. It's a fun league and you really don't need to log that much time. I'd recommend once on Tuesday to see who's injured, who won, etc. and then once on Fri, Sat or Sun to set your roster for the weekend.

Who am I willing to part with for Finley? You need to keep in mind that Finley is only a TE coming back from a season ending injury so my trio of Foster, Rodgers and White aren't on the table. Toss in Mike Wallace because I've decided he's going to be huge again this season. There goes four guys I wouldn't want to trade for any TE... TE's don't usually go in the first five rounds to begin with. That in mind, here's what's left that's worth keeping with pick five:

• Frank Gore
    • Brandon Marshall
    • DeAngelo Williams

Right now I'm heavily leaning towards Frank Gore. I think he's going to bounce back from injury and be a top ten RB, which means he's probably a top fifteen player overall. I'm even shaky about trading him. If you're interested in him or the other two mentioned then we can talk about a trade.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking at parting with Steve Smith, Knowshown Moreno, Matty Ice and maybe.. a big maybe.. Greg Jennings. If you're intrerested, shoot me an PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, I forgot how much depth you had last year. Just remember that you can only keep five players and you can only trade keepers.

I'm interested in Green and Megatron.

Also, here's an idea. I suggested we only should be able to keep players for up to three seasons. There was no strong reason for this. I've been thinking, football players don't usually have long careers. I mean it's not like basketball where you could have an MVP like Durant killing it for 15 years. Is there really a point to have a limit on how long you can keep a player? I think we should keep the cap at five players and remove the amount of time you can keep a player. Allowing people to keep five a year indefinitely on a 24 player roster seems reasonable. Let me know what you think.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not mad at that idea, it's not that big of a deal to me.

How can we see last season's rosters? I'm down for trading but I don't know who has who.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

On the main league page if you look to the right you'll see a little drop down box. If you click it you'll see the options 2011 and 2010. Click 2010 and you'll be able to see what happened last season including final rosters.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll take that vacant spot if it's still open...
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Post Thanks / Like

We do have one final spot open. I messaged you the information you need. Let me know if you need help.

Welcome to the league Jimmie.

So we have a complete eight team league. I was talking with Doc today and he's going to join as soon as he gets time to go there and set up his team. This means that you returning teams have one week to send me your keepers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I'm down for trading
    How about this:
    Frank Gore + 9th round pick

FOR

JerMichael Finley + 6th round pick
    If you look at player rankings and ADP, that essentially works to be a 2nd rounder plus a 9th for a 5th rounder and a 6th rounder.

The other option would be Mike Wallace. If you're more interested in him let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keeper Deadline

To all returning teams from last season: The deadline to submit keepers is this Wednesday. So you have six days to figure them out. I sent you all an email with the details.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you. I'd like it if there is no cap on how many seasons you can keep your keepers.

Raptors Republic Rookie A00715890's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The draft on Sunday, August 28th at 12PM EST.

I haven't set a deadline for keepers yet. We need the final three stragglers to register first. Invites are out *cough* Doc *cough*. The other two are DK and A00715890. Both haven't been around in a long time so if anyone is in touch with them... But I'm thinking if two other people step up then they can have the spots. I'm not sure if they're even still visiting this place.

Are you interested in dealing Finley? Gore is ranked 17th right now. I feel compelled to keep him even though I have Foster and Turner coming back for sure. He won't be on the board for you to draft.
    yo...iam in if the spot is still available...been super busy lately...

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry A00715890, I didn't get a response back so I assumed you weren't interested. The league is full now.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll pass on that trade Apollo. I've also decide my keepers are going to be:

Hakeem Nicks
    Ray Rice
    Dwayne Bowe
    Reggie Wayne
    Brandon Lloyd

Are you going to make everyones Keepers public? I have to do an autodraft so it would help me out in ranking my players before this Friday.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

You're the first person to give me keepers but I was planning on doing so. Everybody should hurry up and get these to me because I'm not taking them after Wednesday.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Ill just be keeping four players:

Vick
    Brady
    Mcfadden
    Andre Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote iggyiggyigoudala wrote: View Post
    Ill just be keeping four players:

Vick
    Brady
    Mcfadden
    Andre Johnson
    That's a nice 4 to be keeping!

I'm still debating on one player Apollo, so don't set mine in stone until Wednesday!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, ha, ha, Iggy is keeping some fine trade bait right there.

Mack, I won't start setting the draft until after Wednesday. Don't worry, I'm too busy putting down new flooring in my house to worry about it until then.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, ha, ha, Iggy is keeping some fine trade bait right there.

Mack, I won't start setting the draft until after Wednesday. Don't worry, I'm too busy putting down new flooring in my house to worry about it until then.

I'm thinking I'll start looking at this stuff Thursday and that will give me some time to pick away at it as the weekend moves along. Really busy with home reno at night right now.

Thread Information