This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeper Deadline

To all returning teams from last season: The deadline to submit keepers is this Wednesday. So you have six days to figure them out. I sent you all an email with the details.

Comment

I agree with you. I'd like it if there is no cap on how many seasons you can keep your keepers.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        The draft on Sunday, August 28th at 12PM EST.

I haven't set a deadline for keepers yet. We need the final three stragglers to register first. Invites are out *cough* Doc *cough*. The other two are DK and A00715890. Both haven't been around in a long time so if anyone is in touch with them... But I'm thinking if two other people step up then they can have the spots. I'm not sure if they're even still visiting this place.

Are you interested in dealing Finley? Gore is ranked 17th right now. I feel compelled to keep him even though I have Foster and Turner coming back for sure. He won't be on the board for you to draft.
        yo...iam in if the spot is still available...been super busy lately...

Comment

Sorry A00715890, I didn't get a response back so I assumed you weren't interested. The league is full now.

Comment

I'll pass on that trade Apollo. I've also decide my keepers are going to be:

Hakeem Nicks
            Ray Rice
            Dwayne Bowe
            Reggie Wayne
            Brandon Lloyd

Are you going to make everyones Keepers public? I have to do an autodraft so it would help me out in ranking my players before this Friday.

Comment

You're the first person to give me keepers but I was planning on doing so. Everybody should hurry up and get these to me because I'm not taking them after Wednesday.

Comment

Ill just be keeping four players:

Vick
                Brady
                Mcfadden
                Andre Johnson

Comment

iggyiggyigoudala wrote: View Post
                  Ill just be keeping four players:

Vick
                  Brady
                  Mcfadden
                  Andre Johnson
                  That's a nice 4 to be keeping!

I'm still debating on one player Apollo, so don't set mine in stone until Wednesday!

Comment

Ha, ha, ha, Iggy is keeping some fine trade bait right there.

Mack, I won't start setting the draft until after Wednesday. Don't worry, I'm too busy putting down new flooring in my house to worry about it until then.

Comment

Ha, ha, ha, Iggy is keeping some fine trade bait right there.

Mack, I won't start setting the draft until after Wednesday. Don't worry, I'm too busy putting down new flooring in my house to worry about it until then.

I'm thinking I'll start looking at this stuff Thursday and that will give me some time to pick away at it as the weekend moves along. Really busy with home reno at night right now.

Comment

Not set in stone, but here are my keepers for the time being:

Maurice Jones-Drew
                        Rashard Mendenhall
                        Philip Rivers
                        Calvin Johnson
                        Greg Jennings

Comment

Are you interested in moving MJD? I may be willing to look past the bad pre-season reviews by the "gurus".

Comment

You can take Lloyd off my list and add Felix Jones, I need that 2nd RB.

Comment

Keepers Master List
                              • iggyiggyigoudala
                                1. Vick
                                2. Brady
                                3. Mcfadden
                                4. Andre Johnson
                              • RaptorsFan4Life
                                1. Adrian Peterson
                                2. Jamaal Charles
                                3. Matt Forte
                                4. Miles Austin
                                5. Vernon Davis
                              • Doc Naismith
                                1. LeSean McCoy
                                2. Larry Fitzgerald
                                3. Antonio Gates
                                4. Tony Romo
                              • Apollo
                                1. Arian Foster
                                2. Aaron Rodgers
                                3. Michael Turner
                                4. Roddy White
                                5. Mike Wallace
                              • MangoKid
                                1. Maurice Jones-Drew
                                2. Rashard Mendenhall
                                3. Philip Rivers
                                4. Calvin Johnson
                                5. Greg Jennings
                              • Mack North
                                1. Hakeem Nicks
                                2. Ray Rice
                                3. Dwayne Bowe
                                4. Reggie Wayne
                                5. Felix Jones

Comment

Not sure whether this is the best place to reply (vs. the Yahoo forum), but here goes:

With 6 returning teams taking potentially 30 players off the market for the draft, it looks like it will be difficult for those with no keepers to compete. Taking a look at the list above, 8 of the top 10 RBs are off the market, as well as 9 of the top 12 WRs. Half the top 10 QBs are gone. I think I asked this on the Yahoo forum, but how do the draft picks work if each of the returning 6 teams keep their allotment of 5 players each? I understand that you forfeit a draft pick for each kept player, but how do you account for the actual value of that player?

For instance, using the example of RaptorFan4Life, he's keeping Peterson, Charles, and Forte. AP and Charles are both top-4 RBs, and Forte is arguably top-10 or close. So I get that the owner loses 3 picks in the draft, and given how the draft operates, it would seem to be his top-3 picks, which would be one each in Rounds 1-3. I think we can reasonably agree that Charles is not a 2nd round pick, and Forte is not likely a 3rd round pick. So the players that the new owners will have access to at those positions will be FAR inferior to the players who were kept.

I partly understand that there needs to be some reward for drafting those keepers in the first place, but I think there does need to be some thought given to placing higher value on those players. You could, for instance, look at the ADP for each player at this point in time, and assign that "price" to the keepers, so that keeping them would mean losing the relative pick at which they are being taken this year...

Another option would be for the 2 new owners to "inherit" the previous year's rosters, and let us pick our own keepers from those rosters in advance of the draft... That might actually be the easiest to manage...

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding this entirely... Anyone? Bueller?
                                Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Working...
                                X