Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm at a dang cottage that weekend too, I can't make the draft???? Sucks, I'm gonna hafta step up myscouting and get a good pre draft ranking. Can u make the first waiver wire like 2 days after the draft at least?

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
      Can we trade a player for a draft pick?
      There are no trades on draft day. As soon as the draft is over you can begin doing trades through the Yahoo interface. Prior to the draft you can work trades for draft picks BUT each team cannot exceed the roster limit and each team must finish the draft with a full roster. Because of that if you're planning on trading picks for a keeper then the team with a keeper would have to trade an equal number of picks to what he is getting back.

I'm thinking one possible scenario for a trade could be trading one player for an inferior player and to balance it out picks are swapped from different rounds.

Mack North wrote: View Post
      Can u make the first waiver wire like 2 days after the draft at least?
      I'm at work and I can't access Yahoo Fantasy Sports from here. I don't see why we can't do this but I'll need to check the settings.

Comment

jbml

Everybody welcome jbml. He's the newest manager to the league. We still have one vacant roster spot. Once we fill that spot and once Doc registers, the league will be full and I can set a Keepers deadline.

Comment

Hey Apollo, are you also going to have the season weekly game selections as last season (on Yahoo)...with some "incentive" to attract and keep everyone in it?

Comment

I'll see what I can do.

You sure you don't want in on the keeper league? We have one open spot and there looks to be some really good players available to new comers.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I'll see what I can do.

You sure you don't want in on the keeper league? We have one open spot and there looks to be some really good players available to new comers.
              I dont know if I have the time to keep up on players/stats etc ....with some of you "sharks"

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Come on Bendit! Take a chance!

What are u willing to part with for Finley, Apollo?

Comment

This is what I'm saying. It's a fun league and you really don't need to log that much time. I'd recommend once on Tuesday to see who's injured, who won, etc. and then once on Fri, Sat or Sun to set your roster for the weekend.

Who am I willing to part with for Finley? You need to keep in mind that Finley is only a TE coming back from a season ending injury so my trio of Foster, Rodgers and White aren't on the table. Toss in Mike Wallace because I've decided he's going to be huge again this season. There goes four guys I wouldn't want to trade for any TE... TE's don't usually go in the first five rounds to begin with. That in mind, here's what's left that's worth keeping with pick five:
                  • Frank Gore
                  • Brandon Marshall
                  • DeAngelo Williams

Right now I'm heavily leaning towards Frank Gore. I think he's going to bounce back from injury and be a top ten RB, which means he's probably a top fifteen player overall. I'm even shaky about trading him. If you're interested in him or the other two mentioned then we can talk about a trade.

Comment

I'm looking at parting with Steve Smith, Knowshown Moreno, Matty Ice and maybe.. a big maybe.. Greg Jennings. If you're intrerested, shoot me an PM.

Comment

Damn, I forgot how much depth you had last year. Just remember that you can only keep five players and you can only trade keepers.

I'm interested in Green and Megatron.

Also, here's an idea. I suggested we only should be able to keep players for up to three seasons. There was no strong reason for this. I've been thinking, football players don't usually have long careers. I mean it's not like basketball where you could have an MVP like Durant killing it for 15 years. Is there really a point to have a limit on how long you can keep a player? I think we should keep the cap at five players and remove the amount of time you can keep a player. Allowing people to keep five a year indefinitely on a 24 player roster seems reasonable. Let me know what you think.

Comment

I'm not mad at that idea, it's not that big of a deal to me.

How can we see last season's rosters? I'm down for trading but I don't know who has who.

Comment

On the main league page if you look to the right you'll see a little drop down box. If you click it you'll see the options 2011 and 2010. Click 2010 and you'll be able to see what happened last season including final rosters.

Comment

I'll take that vacant spot if it's still open...
                            Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

We do have one final spot open. I messaged you the information you need. Let me know if you need help.

Welcome to the league Jimmie.

So we have a complete eight team league. I was talking with Doc today and he's going to join as soon as he gets time to go there and set up his team. This means that you returning teams have one week to send me your keepers.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                                I'm down for trading
                                How about this:
                                Frank Gore + 9th round pick

FOR

JerMichael Finley + 6th round pick
                                If you look at player rankings and ADP, that essentially works to be a 2nd rounder plus a 9th for a 5th rounder and a 6th rounder.

The other option would be Mike Wallace. If you're more interested in him let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X