Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: NFL Fantasy Football Keeper League S2: Keepers Master List on p.3

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    We can always talk after tomorrow's WW claims. It's a long season.
    Sounds good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    (I'll probably still do waivers and adjust my lineup but not care about my team)...
    You made some nice pickups today. I realize Boldin isn't worth much but what are you looking to do with him? Are you keeping him in hopes of him rebounding or are you looking to rid yourself of him?

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The only league I won last year was one I started out 0-4 in and scrapped and clawed back to squeaked into the playoffs. From there you know what happened. My team sucked early but things have a way of changing as the season progresses and some of the other teams in my league who were doing well either went into cruise control or simply had bad luck. Whatever the case, I won the league after a 0-4 start. Meanwhile in this league I went 11-3, dropped 120PPG and still lost in the first round of the playoffs to a team who just made it.

Why aren't you trying to make a trade if you feel so down in the dumps? Looking at the standings shows me that you're currently in a tie for the final playoff spot. I don't see the end of the world for you just yet.
    Because if I was at the draft I'd be a top 3 team easily. I didn't try to trade and even tried overpaying (Sproles and Boldin for Julio Jones) but Iggy turned down my offer.

Edit: I'd get rid of Boldin if the offer is right, if not then I'll just wait it out...

I have too many QBs now. Fitz, Big Ben, Tebow and Manning. I should probably drop someone.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Oct 12th, 2011 at 07:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

If it were me and I had that depth at QB I'd have dropped Manning long ago and taken advantage of the roster space to take fliers on free agents. Manning is a decent keeper because he's good for a couple more seasons but now you have a handful of QBs who all could arguably be keeper material next year. I mean the way Fitz is playing so far he would have been worth a 5th. Big Ben, when healthy, you could argue him being a 5th and Tebow's long term value could be argued as a 5th going forward. Just look at what he did last season in the fantasy world. I hate burning roster spots on any more than 2 QBs but I have this problem in another league. I drafted Vick at the end of round two when he slid, I signed Newton after week one and then Tebow cleared waivers and I grabbed him this morning. Now I have three guys who can post big numbers and I need to make a move or dumped Tebow back on the wire. Three QB's are worthless to me, especially that this league is standard with the typical small bench. I signed Tebow in hopes of selling big on Netwon or Vick. No luck so far...

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't at the draft last year and I ended up winning the league. I wasn't there again this year and I'm doing pretty well in second place. It's all about those key pick ups off waivers or possibly a shrewd trade or two.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Mack North 100%. Leagues aren't won on draft night. I'm still waiting for that stud waiver wire pick up in this league. I didn't get one last year, I haven't got one this year so far... The league I mentioned where I started 0-4 and won, I nailed the WW pick ups most of the year after I decided I was going to change my strategy and heading into week five. I took on a win now mentality. It worked.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, finally Iggy saw he was getting more than a fair value for Jones. I probably overpaid still but I think in the long run it's a good deal, I could tag him too at the end of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Not bad. I would have given you maybe Nelson and Ingram or Nelson and McGahee for Jones. Sproles is cemented in the pass game, he returns kicks and he gets an occasional carry. He will most definitely have some good weeks. He's had a couple outstanding weeks so far. His biggest threat is Ingram. They took Ingram in the 1st so I'm holding out hope that he becomes a bigger piece as time progresses. I don't know if that really affects Sproles though because Ingram is more an up the middle type player.

Post Thanks / Like

I highly doubt Ingram will have an impact on Sproles. Like you said, he is a huge weapon in the passing game and already has limited running snaps. He's like the Welker of the Saints but instead of being a WR, he's a RB.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Oct 14th, 2011 at 02:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I shouldn't have dropped Big Ben.

Post Thanks / Like

Manning more than likely is done for the season. He would have been the guy to drop.

Post Thanks / Like

Manning more than likely is done for the season. He would have been the guy to drop.
    I am strongly contemplating keeping him for next year.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not as patient as you in that case.

Ugh, three of my RBs went down in the same week. Can you believe that? It's a good thing I've been hanging onto RBs like crazy or I might be in a world of hurt right now.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im pretty sure you're good with Foster and a scrub man, he's killing it since he came back! He and Rodgers will get you close to 60 points a week it seems...

I guess I've been pretty lucky playing guys on what seems to be their down weeks, but I still have faith. You never know what's gonna happen to players come fantasy playoff time!

Post Thanks / Like

<3 (no homo)

LETS GO BEARS!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh you captured the essence of the Bears alright. Notice how he's not running into the end zone.

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Im pretty sure you're good with Foster and a scrub man, he's killing it since he came back! He and Rodgers will get you close to 60 points a week it seems...

I guess I've been pretty lucky playing guys on what seems to be their down weeks, but I still have faith. You never know what's gonna happen to players come fantasy playoff time!
    Yeah, I'm off to a good start but it's been my WR's I credit the most. Welker and Wallace have been playing out of this world. I expect huge numbers from Rodgers. This we I need to start Flacco. Damn...

Moving on, tough luck Doc. I notice that only one person has scored more points to date than has been scored against you. It seems like you keep getting people's best weeks. Hang in there, that bad luck has got to change.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh you captured the essence of the Bears alright. Notice how he's not running into the end zone.

Yeah, I'm off to a good start but it's been my WR's I credit the most. Welker and Wallace have been playing out of this world. I expect huge numbers from Rodgers. This we I need to start Flacco. Damn...

Moving on, tough luck Doc. I notice that only one person has scored more points to date than has been scored against you. It seems like you keep getting people's best weeks. Hang in there, that bad luck has got to change.
    He did get into the end zone after that sick juke.

Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Oct 30th, 2011 at 12:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

He doesn't do it in you video.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm screwed this week, Floyd is questionable and even if he plays he's unlikely to do anything. I'm hoping on a Redskins WR to get me points, this wont turn out well...

I also have no good RBs with Tobert out and Forte and Starks on bye. I need this win too or I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make the playoffs.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Oct 30th, 2011 at 12:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Me vs. Iggy looks like a nail biter so far.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information