Smitch One of Two Final Candidates For T-Wolves Head Coach Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smitch One of Two Final Candidates For T-Wolves Head Coach Job

The Wolves are down to the final two names to interview for their head-coaching job.
    And, yes, Sam Mitchell is one of them.
    Larry Brown, of course, is the other.
    Many Wolves fans have wondered why the man who won Coach of the Year with Toronto and who played two different stints with the Timberwolves, first when he was an original Wolf and then when he was brought back in 1995 to help mentor a rookie named Kevin Garnett.
    Mitchell is expected to interview Friday or Saturday, Brown next week.
    Source: Startribune.com

This should be a no-brainer for them. Sam has done very well mentoring young big men. He has a tonne of positive history with the franchise. Bargnani is an exception but no one has gotten through to him.

This is great news.
    I really hope he gets it.

Mitcell is the real deal, and he's done SO much for that franchise.
    And the fact that its Larry Brown as his only competition, I think he might actually land the gig.

I'm not sure Brown is the right guy to have around thaat much Youth and Inexperience.

Comment

This is the perfect job for Mitchell. Smitch will keep it simple. Spread the floor, lots of pick and roll with Love/Williams and Rubio, open up the floor for Beasley and Webster.

Hiring a guy like Larry Brown to work with 2 rookies (Rubio and Williams), a wildcard like Beasley and a strong personality like Love just seems like you are asking for disaster.

Comment

Wasn't the Smitch at one point a player-coach for the wolves? Or an assistant?

Comment

Working...
        X