Ford: Jose & Bosh Most Likely to Be Dealt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford: Jose & Bosh Most Likely to Be Dealt

Man alive, either Chad Ford is pretending or he knows something the rest of us don't because again today he's touching on Bosh and that he's almost certain that he'll be dealt before the deadline.

Here's what he had to say regarding Jose and Chris:

11. Jose Calderon, PG, Raptors
    Calderon was considered a gem just a year ago, but he struggled out of the gate this season, and the Raptors have played much better without him. Now that he's back from injury, you can expect the Raptors to shop him around. They could really use some help at the 2-guard position. DeMar DeRozan is a nice prospect, but he's not ready yet.

There have been rumblings of a Calderon-Kevin Martin swap. The move would give the Raptors a lot of offensive firepower, but it would also cement their status as one of the worst defensive teams ever.
    14. Chris Bosh, PF, Raptors
    Much to the chagrin of Raptors fans, I've been writing that Toronto needs to trade Bosh now while it can still get value for him. The closer we get to the trade deadline, the more real that possibility sounds.

Over the weekend, reports by ESPN's Marc Stein and the New York Post fingered the Rockets and Lakers as teams with heavy interest in Bosh. While neither team has made an official offer for Bosh, I expect both will by the deadline.

I'm not sure the Rockets can put together a compelling package, but the Lakers can. If L.A. offered Andrew Bynum, Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo would have to say yes, wouldn't he? Bynum is a legit center who is still only 22 years old. And most important, he is already locked into a long-term deal. If the Lakers are willing to offer Bynum (a big if), the Raptors won't get a better offer.
    Source - Click here

My only concern with Bynum is his history of severe knee injuries. But I don't think the Lakers would mess with their fine-tuned championship team at such a late point in the season - when their already (arguably) the best team in the league.
    RR OG

Comment

haha Chad Ford the king of speculation....it's all speculation 'til it happens.
      He's the king of rumours thats what he gets paid for about 97.5% of everything he says never comes true so.....
      Neither one gets dealt by the deadline. Unless that Kevin Martin deal is actually on the table.
      “The choices you make in life, make you.” - John Wooden
      twitter - scoutingbball

Comment

My money is on BC making a Calderon deal and not Bosh at the deadline.

This would be more to "to impress" Bosh that he is willing to push the envelope to improve the team. That said I hope it's not for K Martin.

Comment

Working...
        X