Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonas Valanciunas look good in first game(friendly game) with Lithuania Nationa Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    If you hit 'Whats New' beside 'Forums' at the top, you can basically see all the Threads.
    Thanks, that makes things much better.

Comment

HIGHLIGHTS !!!

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sun Aug 7, 2011, 03:07 AM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        Darn, missed that. Managed to view the last minute...

Funny offtopic thing: after the basketball game the channel (Lithuanian?) broadcasted the movie Sahara, but instead of subtitling it or dubbing it with different voices for all characters they have one guy talking over it doing all roles. Really weird.
        Imagine a country with the population of Montreal. There is not a lot of money to pay translator/actors. The budget can only cover one guy who listens and translates as he goes. It's not like they can resell the movie to other markets after translation.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          HIGHLIGHTS !!!

monster dunk at 2:20

Comment

What I Like Abvout JV Highlights

BC Boy wrote: View Post
            Here is a discussion about the game and some thoughts from other fans on Valanciunas:

nbadraft
            One thing that really jumps out at you from these highlights is the consistency of his foul shot; his set up, his release and his follow though. He is going to be a high 80's, or better foul shooter for his whole career. Because of his propensitry to chase the ball around the rim and immediately go up for a shot, he is going to be going to the stripe once every 3 or for minutes he is on the floor for another two shots or a +1.

It looks like he has been getting a lot of opportunities for dunks that won't materialize in the NBA because of his size and his speed going down the floor. That is, he simply puts his hand up while running alongside a defneder and receives a pass that he finishes on. His offensive spacing isn't really good. But he can improve that. To this point he hasn't had to very much I suspect. By all accounts he seems to be teachable. I believe he can contribute significantly to the Raps, even in his first year (365 days from now).

Comment

The entire game can be found here:

Comment

For some reason I can't pull up the board from my iPhone unless I click on the most recent page (hence this thread) someone fix this
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  For some reason I can't pull up the board from my iPhone unless I click on the most recent page (hence this thread) someone fix this
                  Its like that for everyone I think.

Comment

If you click on the 'Whats New' button at the top of the page, you can work the Forum normally, unfortunately, you can't see ALL threads ...

Why is this happening?! I'm dying!!!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      someone fix this
                      ^
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Jonas will need a PG with great pick and roll game ... Jose has shown an amazing pick and roll game with Amir
                        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                          Jonas will need a PG with great pick and roll game ... Jose has shown an amazing pick and roll game with Amir
                          No question about it as at this point that seems to be his bread and butter. Dumping Jose makes little sense unless it returns something of value. Worst case scenario (and I don't think it's bad at all) Jose expires and they re up him on the cheap. He's be a solid back up to run the offense.

Comment

The Lithuanian Perspective

or so they say.

http://lithuanianperspective.wordpre...s-valanciunas/

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
                              Imagine a country with the population of Montreal. There is not a lot of money to pay translator/actors. The budget can only cover one guy who listens and translates as he goes. It's not like they can resell the movie to other markets after translation.
                              Subtitling isn't that expensive. If you can get a guy to do the translation, you can subtitle. They could even get the subtitles for lots of movies of the internet as Lithuanians download movies too. Btw they got multiple professional basketball teams in this market.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                                Darn, missed that. Managed to view the last minute...

Funny offtopic thing: after the basketball game the channel (Lithuanian?) broadcasted the movie Sahara, but instead of subtitling it or dubbing it with different voices for all characters they have one guy talking over it doing all roles. Really weird.
                                they've never done that in the netherlands? that's normal for many movies and tv shows shown in poland.

Comment

Working...
                                X