No announcement yet.

Europe Has No Interest In Any Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europe Has No Interest In Any Raptors?

With rumors being published on sites every day about possible NBA players going overseas if the lockout continues how come none of ours have been mentioned? Has anyone read anything about any interest in our players or vise versa?

By the way I'm not including Sunny in this as he's not under contract.

I have been following that part of the news everyday and it seems that most of the players who are going elsewhere to play because they are the ones making the first move to contact those teams. The players like Bryant, Durant, Wade, teams are after them because they know that if they can get those players they will put people in the seats guaranteed.

Just my take on that anyway.

Comment

Does Weems not count?
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ya, really. hello , weems!
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

ezz_bee and LBF it says right in the post I'm not including Weems as he's not under contract, read the whole thing next time! lol

Comment

OP mentioned that he's not counting Weems since he was a free agent.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
              With rumors being published on sites every day about possible NBA players going overseas if the lockout continues how come none of ours have been mentioned? Has anyone read anything about any interest in our players or vise versa?

Sonny's NBA rights still rest with the Raptors due to the QO.

"Jonas!" Obvious Guy says.

Wasn't there a rumour on Linas if he recovered.

Calderon has said he would look at Spain if the season was lost.

As for anyone else.... I have not heard a thing.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post

You've mostly been hearing about top tier stars and guys who are borderline NBA players going over there. The people in the middle haven't seen a lot of attention from what we've been seeing in the news.

By the way, there was a story out in the past few days citing that both Wade and Bosh haven't received offers. I think a lot of the people signing probably have their agents seeking out these opportunities for them. Some people have little to no interest in going overseas. A prime example is LeBron James.

Comment

I believe that most of these "contacts" or statements (mostly vague from what I see) by players are orchestrated to depict that the players have an option and so create an air of leverage in the current cba impasse. The fact of the matter is that not many teams in Europe can afford very high salaries. As well there are strict regulations about how many foreign (American) players teams can have (2 I believe)...many already have that quota filled already.

Then of course there is the pure business return on say the salary of a Deron Williams on whose contract the team cannot sell season's tickets because he comes back to the nba if the lockout ends. You can bet Stern and the owners would not be shrugging their shoulders if there was going to be an exodus of players. If the players really wanted to help themselves they would setup maybe 10 teams or so and barnstorm the country in smaller arenas. They have to elevate themselves in the pr game. They could set it all up as a mini tournament with some prize money to make it interesting as well as show (for leverage) that they could take it to another level in possibly creating a league of their own. The other stuff is just posturing. But do they have the solidarity to do this?

Comment

Working...
                  X