Raptors’ Barbosa signs with team in Brazil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors’ Barbosa signs with team in Brazil

RIO DE JANEIRO (AP)—Toronto Raptors guard Leandro Barbosa(notes) has signed a deal to play in his native Brazil.

Barbosa signed with Rio de Janeiro-based club Flamengo. The deal includes a clause that would allow him to return to the NBA if the lockout ends.

A statement on Flamengo’s website says Barbosa signed Thursday. Details of the deal weren’t released.

Barbosa averaged 13.3 points, 2.1 assists and 24.1 minutes in 58 games last season—his first in Toronto.

He made $7.1 million last season and was second on the team in 3-point shooting.

The 28-year-old Barbosa, who’s in his eighth year in the NBA, was voted 2006-07 NBA Sixth Man of the Year while with the Phoenix Suns.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-barbosa-brazil

Wish him all the best. Huge Barbosa fan. Can't wait for him to come back to Toronto
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Let's hope he stays with the Brazilian team, I don't see him Raptors forum after the lockout

Comment

huh? you mean uniform? why not he clearly is coming back. BC said he is one of his favorite players. He will give him a contract. Question is what type of contract will that be? Knowing BC he'll give him a dump truck full of 100's lol.
        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
          huh? you mean uniform? why not he clearly is coming back. BC said he is one of his favorite players. He will give him a contract. Question is what type of contract will that be? Knowing BC he'll give him a dump truck full of 100's lol.
          I was under the same impression you are after hearing BC talk about him. As much as I like Barbosa and think he's a great talent I'd like to see BC cash him in as a trade chip and return a more defensive player or a draft pick. Barbosa is a hell of a scorer but at this point in the teams development I'd rather see those shots being taken by Demar, Bayless and Dre.

Comment

Working...
          X