Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Perry Jones interview - would be upset if Toronto drafted him

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Perry Jones interview - would be upset if Toronto drafted him

Top prospect for next year Perry Jones was playing at Ryerson over the weekend. He had a short little interview, and said that he would be upset if the Raptors drafted him due to customs.

Source

I'm not sure if he was joking around or not, but if he wasn't it goes to show you how ignorant some people are. From what I've heard, customs is not so bad for athletes.

It's probably also the reason why most Free Agents wouldn't want to sign with us. He does say that he likes Toronto better than Dallas though

Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't know if he was serious or not. I'm sure it wouldn't be a huge deal, especcially when you're on chartered flights.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

he better be jokin, if he isn't he's being a total douche. He should be glad to be drafted to any team

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate new guys coming in thinking they're the shit..did u guys here about the Blue Jays first draft pick?? He said he wouldnt play unless he got paid a certain amount of money so their GM said - see you later!

He didnt give in to that...u have to earn your worth in the pro's, no matter the sport!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ATT wrote: View Post
    I hate new guys coming in thinking they're the shit..did u guys here about the Blue Jays first draft pick?? He said he wouldnt play unless he got paid a certain amount of money so their GM said - see you later!

He didnt give in to that...u have to earn your worth in the pro's, no matter the sport!
    your right he's acting like he has a choice. He better be happy with whoever drafts him and be greatful that he made it to the nba.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw this earlier and posted a comment on the youtube video I was extremely pissed off.
    This guy doesn't even deserve his gifts. Spoiled brats these days.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

See its this kind of crap that uneducated NBA players talk amongs themsleves that leave an impression on young players who never played here.

For some reason I laughed my ass off reading this youtube comment:

fuck this lebron wanna be fool, dude even has that huge jaw going and he aint on roids yet.
    Last edited by Hotshot; Fri Aug 19th, 2011 at 02:51 AM.

Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    See its this kind of crap that uneducated NBA players talk amongs themsleves that leave an impression on young players who never played here.

For some reason I laughed my ass off reading this youtube comment:
    Ahah that line might be the best line I've read all year.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Perry Jones' stock tumbled last year in the early mocks (hence probably his reason for going back). I love skilled players and hate stupid ones.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    he better be jokin, if he isn't he's being a total douche. He should be glad to be drafted to any team
    I don't think he was joking at all. He didn't crack a smile and went right to the next question. What a fool. Players don't know how lucky they will be to be drafter here if they are looking to make money. If they're good and work hard, they can own T.O. and Canada for that matter. Look at JYD. He wasn't that great but he worked hard and people loved him. Don't have to compete with the rest of Canada for sponsorship. All we ask is to work hard to earn what you're getting paid. No different from any other job right? Either way, is is way too high on himself.

Maybe he doesn't want to get shown up by JV lol

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

He's either a total idiot or a really good actor, liked his speech about Quincy Miller, looks like Miller will take his spotlights for the Baylor Bears. I wouldn't want to see him in Raptors uniform either, he looks like a bigger version of Tracy McGrady and we all know what that turned out to be, I would like to get a humble player like Barnes, Gilchirist or Miller.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He was clearly being sarcastic the interviewer should of had a follow up knocking the USA and how they feel u up in the airport lol god I hate Canadian media! I would nt draft him tho

Post Thanks / Like

time to draft barnes and Kobongo!

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

On poor baby. He doesn't like customs. It's attitudes like these that will get the union little support from the public in the cba fight.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

im upset that strip clubs dont let you spit on strippers when they're on stage.. but i still go..

you get over personal injustices pretty quickly.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think he's 90% joking. He had a little smirk at the end. The only thing I take from it is that he doesn't like going through customs... and that he does bear a striking resemblance to LeBum.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Jones doesn't realize he can get someone else to carry his stash across the border.
    Last edited by stretch; Sat Aug 20th, 2011 at 10:15 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That is by far the sketchiest reason to not come somewhere. Hopefully he was joking, or he smuggles drugs.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if they make a lot of money, the draft is still a weird system; I know I'd be totally against any system where I would not be able to decide where I want to work. I wouldn't want to work at the other side of the country and I live in a small one, let alone living hunderds of miles or more away from your family and friends. Not everybody loves that. Of course the drafting system has many positives, but that's not one of them.

Normally players just give the 'correct' answer, as they were probably tought to do at some mediatraining. And when they don't, we get all upset and sometimes even enraged. We'd rather have them be humble and be glad to play anywhere and stuff, which means we'd rather have them keeping up appearances. I have no problem whatsoever with players saying what they think about playing somewhere and I'd still want us to draft them if it was the right basketball choice; they'll get over it. They certainly will if customs is the 'big' problem.

Btw, he did crack a smile...

Post Thanks / Like

Customs experiences may differ for non-Canadian citizens entering the country so I'm not going to come out and call him ignorant. I've had no troubles re-entering the country.

Thread Information