Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fear Amir

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fear Amir

Gotta show the big dawg some love. He is a great player and an amazing person. Hope he stays in T.O his entire career.

one of my favorite memories of the 2010-2011 season came from Amir Johnson. I think it had to be the game winner in OKC. I was so happy for him when he made that play. Just goes to show hard work pays off.
    Last edited by Ambidextrious; Sat Aug 20th, 2011 at 04:18 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i like Amir hes a hard worker... he never gives up on a play.. and hes willing to come off the bench if it makes the team better.. cant ask for much more. i wouldnt over pay to keep him though.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I gotta agree with you on everything you said. His contract seems to be the only problem. You can't blame the guy, anyone in their sane mind would take the money and run. I think he is a good player but his contract is still a bit pricey. I Blame BC on that one

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I realized one of the reasons I like Amir so much (apart from the fact that he's very productive and has a positive effect on the floor, is that he's exactly the type of player I love playing with. He hustles all the time, is always moving to the basket for a pass, never gives up on a play and makes PGs look good. It's also one reason I HATE any discussion about trading him. Guys like him are far more difficult to find than people seem to think. And they're far more conducive to winning, too.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I realized one of the reasons I like Amir so much (apart from the fact that he's very productive and has a positive effect on the floor, is that he's exactly the type of player I love playing with. He hustles all the time, is always moving to the basket for a pass, never gives up on a play and makes PGs look good. It's also one reason I HATE any discussion about trading him. Guys like him are far more difficult to find than people seem to think. And they're far more conducive to winning, too.
    I like Amir because he is playing with a chip on his shoulder. He's got the physical and mental toughness that will take you a long way in the NBA. He has shown to be patient and humble. Amir knows his role and he excels at what he does best. He plays within himself and hardly forces plays. Speaking of plays he rarely has any called out for him but he is still highly productive (14.64 efficiency down a bit from 2009-2010).

He plays with unparalleled energy and enthusiasm. Sometimes it doesn't matter how many points you drop (Andrea). What really counts are the intangibles (Amir). I feel that the people who want to trade him are completely clueless.
    Last edited by Ambidextrious; Sun Aug 21st, 2011 at 12:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a good read on Amir Johnson from our very own Arsenalist. It was exactly a year and one day ago he wrote this but its still a good article.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/2010/08/2...is-surprising/

Post Thanks / Like