The Lineup That Might Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lineup That Might Work

Let's say we have half a season to play for the 2011-12 season (i'm praying) so we might be able to get a top 3 picks or else we might land to pick No30 consider all teams will be going through lottery if there is a full lockout.

So for the free agent part, we might sign a center (whether it's T.Chandler, Nene, or whoever comes on board, or heck, start Solomon Alabi). I would shout out to Dwayne Casey to put a lineup of

Bayless/Calderon
    DeRozan/D-League SG, Since both Barbosa and Weems have signed a year for other team
    Amir Johnson/J.Johnson/*Linas Kleiza (* being injured)
    Bargnani/E.Davis/J.Dorsey
    Veteran C/Solomon Alabi

We might win a few games and end up perhaps with a (12-28) record

Not to rip you apart, but it would pay to do some research in regards to how the draft order or lottery would play out if there was no season, there is no way all 30 teams get an equal shot at the top pick. There are many scenarios that have been discussed already on this forum.

As for getting either of Nene or Chandler I say there is no way it will happen.
    Amir at the 3? Are you even serious?
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

What in tar-nation are you thinking? Amir Johnson as a SF? Are you serious? There goes your credibility out the window. There is no need to give up big money on a center. Im sick and tired of hearing people put Bargs as a PF. Yeah his skill set suits a PF but the team has the right to put him as any position they need to fill. A good player will be coach able, they must be able to adapt and ajust their game. Bargs is a WHINY BABY, someone get him a baby bottle and change his diaper. Since when does a player who hasn't proved anything get to dictate what he wants to do on a court. Now I do not want to turn this thread into a bash Bargs thread (too little too late), It's really hard not to. Next season BC should give DC the full reigns of this team (which he hasn't done in the past because of his inability to admit the Andrea project was a complete failure) DC should tell Andrea to quit whining and play Center if he wants to play at all. When Jonas Valancuinas comes over from Europe, he can replace Andrea on this team. Allowing for us to trade Bargs for a pick and some veteran players. We are in desperate need of a proven piece at the SF position. A quality backup C is highly needed as well. (Andre Drummond 2012 draft?)

Going back to the topic this is a lineup that will work next season

Bayless/Calderon
      Derozan/Barbosa (he's coming back if there is a season its in his contract with the Brazilian team)
      J.Johnson/Derozan
      Davis/A.Johnson
      Bargnani/A.Johnson

This lineup is far from complete. but it gives you an idea of who is going to be playing and where.
      case closed.
      Last edited by Ambidextrious; Sat Aug 20, 2011, 08:42 PM.
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

last time i checked Barbosa's deal included an out, if the nba resumes mid season he is allowed to come back , weems can & will stay there we have no use for him anyway,

and like the others said Amir as SF really??

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
          last time i checked Barbosa's deal included an out, if the nba resumes mid season he is allowed to come back , weems can & will stay there we have no use for him anyway,

and like the others said Amir as SF really??
          Barbosa already picked up his option. He's under contract for next season.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

And while Amir is athletic, he can't defend SFs. He's not a good perimeter defender and he's simply not quick enough to defend the position. Amir at SF makes about as much sense as Bargnani at SF.

Besides, I'm not really sure what you mean by "might work". You say that and then say they could go .300. Are you saying that lineup will help the Raptors lose games and get a high pick? Is that what you're saying? That's they'll be bad with that lineup? THAT I agree with.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              And while Amir is athletic, he can't defend SFs. He's not a good perimeter defender and he's simply not quick enough to defend the position. Amir at SF makes about as much sense as Bargnani at SF.

Besides, I'm not really sure what you mean by "might work". You say that and then say they could go .300. Are you saying that lineup will help the Raptors lose games and get a high pick? Is that what you're saying? That's they'll be bad with that lineup? THAT I agree with.
              +1 Good point if OP's aim is to lose next year i think he's got the lineup that might work lol
              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

I say, like some of you have already...

Bayless / Calderon ( Who starts? dun dun dun!!!!)
                DD/ Barbs
                J Johnson / 5 or 6 10 day contracts ( or kleiza, same thing)
                Andrea / ED
                Amir / Alabi

It will give alabi some plaiyng time (I've heard alot of people say they've seen gret improvement from him), we can see if he has a future in the nba

We can put andrea at PF if he sucks, he can suck it and his 'I'm playing out of posistion' excuse.

Plus, we'll still suck and get a good draft pick that can join jonas for the following year.

Like everything, this is assuming we have a season
                Last edited by Fuchan; Mon Aug 22, 2011, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                  I say, like some of you have already...

Bayless / Calderon ( Who starts? dun dun dun!!!!)
                  DD/ Barbs
                  J Johnson / 5 or 6 10 day contracts ( or kleiza, same thing)
                  Andrea / ED
                  Amir / Alabi

It will give alabi some plaiyng time (I've heard alot of people say they've seen gret improvement from him), we can see if he has a future in the nba

We can put andrea at PF if he sucks, he can suck it and his 'I'm playing out of posistion' excuse.

Plus, we'll still suck and get a good draft pick that can join jonas for the following year.

Like everything, this is assuming we have a season
                  I'd probably want (and expect) the team to start Jose until Bayless proves he's capable of consistency, but otherwise I think thats very likely what the starting line up will look like.

And if Andrea 'sucks' at PF next season, it will be the team that has to suck it as his 10 mil a year contract will be stuck on the books. If he can't pull off something that actually resembles a productive season this year he might as well legally change his name to Eddie Curry.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                    I'd probably want (and expect) the team to start Jose until Bayless proves he's capable of consistency, but otherwise I think thats very likely what the starting line up will look like.

And if Andrea 'sucks' at PF next season, it will be the team that has to suck it as his 10 mil a year contract will be stuck on the books. If he can't pull off something that actually resembles a productive season this year he might as well legally change his name to Eddie Curry.
                    LOL! I'm pretty sure the Knicks are still paying off Curry's massive contract. Even though he hasn't touched the hardwood in recent memory. I disagree with Bayless not being ready to start. He is the future PG of this team. read the Fear Amir thread and see why I think that. I think consistency is key but we should at least give him a shot, and let him fight through growing pains.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                      LOL! I'm pretty sure the Knicks are still paying off Curry's massive contract. Even though he hasn't touched the hardwood in recent memory. I disagree with Bayless not being ready to start. He is the future PG of this team. read the Fear Amir thread and see why I think that. I think consistency is key but we should at least give him a shot, and let him fight through growing pains.
                      +1

It is a catch 22 with starting Bayless. He has not shown consistency yet he hasn't been consistently given an opportunity to start. Calderon is a known commodity. The Raptors have had the most success with him coming off the bench with the second unit in years past. Bayless has had his most success starting - what if he averaged 18/7 over an entire season if given the opportunity? Coming off a 22 win season I'm not content to stay status-quo with a starting PG who has reached his full potential.

Bayless' last 8 games of the year:

37.8 min
                      7.4-15.3 & 48.4%FG
                      1.8-4.3 and 41.2% 3pt
                      6.0-7.3 & 82.8% FT
                      22.5 pts
                      3.0 rebs
                      5.6 assists
                      0.3 blk
                      1.1 stl
                      2.8 to

The Raps went 2-6 with 5 of 8 teams being playoff teams (1-4 versus playoff and 1-2 versus non-playoff).
                      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Aug 23, 2011, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Barbosa's contract allows him to come back when the lockout ends. Solomon Alabi (as much as some raptor fans hate to admit) is a risk and is not going to be consistent. Expecting him to be a solid player at first is a risk. Amir Johnson at SF? What? The raptors tried this when they played Bargnani at the 3, and it did not work out. As for the veteran C, I doubt we obtain one of that caliber. There was some mention of going after a C but I do not think it would be a big ticket guy. And even so, these players will be overpayed?

You have confirmed to me that without some intense improvements, trades, and free agency signings, the raptors need some luck to become a playoff team.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          +1

It is a catch 22 with starting Bayless. He has not shown consistency yet he hasn't been consistently given an opportunity to start. Calderon is a known commodity. The Raptors have had the most success with him coming off the bench with the second unit in years past. Bayless has had his most success starting - what if he averaged 18/7 over an entire season if given the opportunity? Coming off a 22 win season I'm not content to stay status-quo with a starting PG who has reached his full potential.

37.8 min
                          7.4-15.3 & 48.4%FG
                          1.8-4.3 and 41.2% 3pt
                          6.0-7.3 & 82.8% FT
                          22.5 pts
                          3.0 rebs
                          5.6 assists
                          0.3 blk
                          1.1 stl
                          2.8 to

The Raps went 2-6 with 5 of 8 teams being playoff teams (1-4 versus playoff and 1-2 versus non-playoff).
                          Wow I was pretty accurate. His stats look very good as a starter. Even though we went 2-6 during that stretch. Realistically a 20 win team is not going to beat playoff teams a week or so away from playoffs. Like you said 18ppg-7ast would be more than fine as a starter. It's unlikely he will still be playing that many minutes as a starter next season. I see him playing around 28-32 mpg. 22ppg would be nice from Bayless although the 5.6 assists could use a boost. To maximize Jose's impact, he still needs at least 20 mpg to get his 8-8. Thanks for doing the research Matt. This proves that Bayless is our starter from here on out. With Dwayne Casey as our coach next season, he will implement a free flowing offense built on defensive stops. That will allow players like Bayless and DeRozan J.Johnson A.Johnson and Davis to utilize their athleticism and knack for the game.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            +1

37.8 min
                            7.4-15.3 & 48.4%FG
                            1.8-4.3 and 41.2% 3pt
                            6.0-7.3 & 82.8% FT
                            22.5 pts
                            3.0 rebs
                            5.6 assists
                            0.3 blk
                            1.1 stl
                            2.8 to

Excellent post.
                            Last edited by Ambidextrious; Wed Aug 24, 2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                              Wow I was pretty accurate. His stats look very good as a starter. Even though we went 2-6 during that stretch. Realistically a 20 win team is not going to beat playoff teams a week or so away from playoffs. Like you said 18ppg-7ast would be more than fine as a starter. It's unlikely he will still be playing that many minutes as a starter next season. I see him playing around 28-32 mpg. 22ppg would be nice from Bayless although the 5.6 assists could use a boost. To maximize Jose's impact, he still needs at least 20 mpg to get his 8-8. Thanks for doing the research Matt. This proves that Bayless is our starter from here on out. With Dwayne Casey as our coach next season, he will implement a free flowing offense built on defensive stops. That will allow players like Bayless and DeRozan J.Johnson A.Johnson and Davis to utilize their athleticism and knack for the game.
                              Unfortunately the stats prove nothing except for a short period he can score. The 5.6 apg highlights his biggest weakness, which is the fact that he's still more a combo guard than a PG. I'm still hopefull about Bayless, but until he learns how to run an offense and make his teammates better, he's no more the future at PG than Calderon is.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X