Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Infraction System

Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Infraction System

I couldn't respond to the announcement so I thought I'd ask here.... will the mods let you know when you've "earned" a point? Via PM or via post? Because sometimes I post something and I never really check back on it, so it would be good to get a PM to know if you're doing something wrong.

Like calling someone a motherbleeping son of a bleep who is in love with bleeping bleep and no one can tell me what to do you're not my bleeping supervisor so down with the mods anarchy forever #Shump2016 #makeRRgreatagain
    Last edited by Scraptor; Fri Feb 12th, 2016 at 01:21 PM. Reason: couldn't hashtag trump even in jest

2. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, my avatar just became a reality.
    I DREAM SMALL.

4. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I couldn't respond to the announcement so I thought I'd ask here.... will the mods let you know when you've "earned" a point? Via PM or via post? Because sometimes I post something and I never really check back on it, so it would be good to get a PM to know if you're doing something wrong.

Like calling someone a motherbleeping son of a bleep who is in love with bleeping bleep and no one can tell me what to do you're not my bleeping supervisor so down with the mods anarchy forever #Trump2016 #makeRRgreatagain
    You got it. I was hoping to get something up that would make things a bit clearer, but ya, essentially we are looking to create more transparency between Moderators and the Posters. For every infraction given, the User will receive an email, indicating the post that was actioned on, who actioned it, and why. You can also go in and check what your "infraction balance" is, to see how annoying you've been .. or not at all! Haha

Thanks for making this thread Scraptor, this thread can act as a place for people to sound off and post any questions they may have.

But basically, it comes down to Wheatons Law:

Be respectful. Be open minded. Understand we are all here for the same reason.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Feb 9th, 2016 at 11:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Ok, my avatar just became a reality.

7. Like Scraptor, rocwell, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Icon
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol classic
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

How the heck did mcHAPPY get banned already lol

Post Thanks / Like

I DREAM SMALL.

11. Like Scraptor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He'll be back in a week; but in the name of transparency ...

mcHAPPY received an Infraction for telling another poster to "Fuck Off", among other unnecessarily aggressive posts during a recent debate.

Upon receiving the 1-point Infraction, he responded by telling the Moderator to "Fuck off" as well.
    All Mods agreed this was absolutely not an acceptable response; especially considering everyone had been informed that we would be cracking down on the BS.
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Feb 11th, 2016 at 10:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post

mcHAPPY received an Infraction for telling another poster to "Fuck Off", among other unnecessarily aggressive posts during a recent debate.

Upon receiving the 1-point Infraction, he responded by telling the Moderator to "Fuck off" as well.
    All Mods agreed this was absolutely not an acceptable response; especially considering everyone had been informed that we would be cracking down on the BS.
    Well that wasn't very nice of him... Matt is giving out fucks for free these days
    I DREAM SMALL.

14. Like Miekenstien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's always been a trend setter.
    I'm 100 percent right 9.090909090909090 percent of the time

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

Raptors Republic Superstar Katherynne73's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You got it. I was hoping to get something up that would make things a bit clearer, but ya, essentially we are looking to create more transparency between Moderators and the Posters. For every infraction given, the User will receive an email, indicating the post that was actioned on, who actioned it, and why. You can also go in and check what your "infraction balance" is, to see how annoying you've been .. or not at all! Haha

Thanks for making this thread Scraptor, this thread can act as a place for people to sound off and post any questions they may have.

But basically, it comes down to Wheatons Law:

Be respectful. Be open minded. Understand we are all here for the same reason.
    I think i deserve Mod status for informing you all about that one. But alas.... I know I won't get it.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!

17. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    I think i deserve Mod status for informing you all about that one. But alas.... I know I won't get it.
    Yes, but you also never informed us about DeMarre's knees, so I'd say you're even now. Haha

19. Like 007 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Katherynne73's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but you also never informed us about DeMarre's knees, so I'd say you're even now. Haha
    You guys are gonna get mad cause I took a gamble and got it right?

I can't help the fact I know the types of players Masai likes.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!

21. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds reasonable. I thought you had to get to 10 points but I'm guessing there are exceptional circumstances like this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds reasonable. I thought you had to get to 10 points but I'm guessing there are exceptional circumstances like this one.
    10 points (in 30 days) is for the generic crap you see on a daily basis. An easy way for us to try and cut out the general insults, trolling, etc, while tracking on-going issues for us in an open manner (member wont be suddenly blind-sided not realizing we've been discussing X # of posts from last week).

The infraction system doesn't cover all of the rules from the rules thread and in certain situations we use the old fashion method of discussing it in the mods threads (invisible to the mere mortals ) and acting accordingly.

PS - great thread idea. Good to have the open chat.

24. Like Scraptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I may have missed it but was there a response to post #1?

How are posters made aware about the state of their personal ledger/count? Are they advised after each transgression?

Question: Is sarcasm considered trolling?
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I may have missed it but was there a response to post #1?

How are posters made aware about the state of their personal ledger/count? Are they advised after each transgression?

Question: Is sarcasm considered trolling?
    PM is generated when Infraction given (with link to the specific post and details of infraction).

On your profile you should be able to track your infractions (if you have any). They expire after 30 days (hence the 10 points in 30 days aspect).

The rulings of trolling and sarcasm haven't really changed. Really it's the process for handling them that has changed rather than the rules themselves. Sarcasm in moderation or good form is perfectly acceptable.

27. Like Bendit liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So where does condescension fall into it?

Is it considered trolling or baiting?

And on reported posts that an individual finds insulting/trolling/baiting/condescending...does it then becoem a single moderators opinion on if it is, or is it decided on by committee?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Snooch wrote: View Post
    So where does condescension fall into it?

Is it considered trolling or baiting?

And on reported posts that an individual finds insulting/trolling/baiting/condescending...does it then becoem a single moderators opinion on if it is, or is it decided on by committee?
    Speaking in a condescending manner could fall into trolling or baiting; really it's a judgement call.

The moderators have generally agreed upon what constitutes each type of infraction and we do regularly discuss certain trends and tactics that may appear on the site, but at the end of the day, a judgement call would be made.

30. Like CalgaryRapsFan, Scraptor, Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Snooch wrote: View Post
    Nothing ever comes down to a single moderators opinion. All matters are discussed and agreed upon as a collective.

32. Like Scraptor liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information