Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 583

Thread: The Raptors Republic "Hey I'm New" Introduction Thread

  1. #241
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey, I'm new...

    Anyway, I've been a raptor fan for only a couple of years but I've done enough research to know a little of the past. I am a fan of defence and despise players who don't play it. I find that I could bash on this team all day long with pessimistic behaviour while at the same time have still hopes for the future. I hopes (just like everyone else) that Demar becomes at least an Eric Gordon next season, and Weems doesn’t think he’s Kobe. I also hope that Barganani learns that serving free brunch at the net is not good thing and that Julian Wright gets some minutes or teaches our wings to play defence half as good as his.

    I have been reading this site for some time and now is the time I’ve decided to start posting.

  2. #242
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    3,934
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote We Have Defence? wrote: View Post
    Hey, I'm new...

    Anyway, I've been a raptor fan for only a couple of years but I've done enough research to know a little of the past. I am a fan of defence and despise players who don't play it. I find that I could bash on this team all day long with pessimistic behaviour while at the same time have still hopes for the future. I hopes (just like everyone else) that Demar becomes at least an Eric Gordon next season, and Weems doesn’t think he’s Kobe. I also hope that Barganani learns that serving free brunch at the net is not good thing and that Julian Wright gets some minutes or teaches our wings to play defence half as good as his.

    I have been reading this site for some time and now is the time I’ve decided to start posting.
    Welcome aboard man. Any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

  3. #243
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey guyz im new here, to be honest i used to watch the raps like 2 seasons ago and then stopped watching and continued at the end of last season. They r a very fun team to watch and i want them to win a championship, i agree with We have Defence? we need to step up our defence alot, if we can fix that we'll be a solid team.

  5. #245
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    RR is getting bigger and bigger!! Gratz guys!

  6. #246
    Raptors Republic Rookie J-Roc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    J-Roc here. I got booted off RealGM, so time to try out a new forum. I've been a fan since 1995. I want to win now. I don't mind any of the players on our current roster, but I just want to see an effort from management to make things work. ie. Just because we signed Linas Kleiza and told him he'd be a starter doesn't mean we shouldn't make him a bench player now. Anyways, I'll be nice. After all, we're all Raps fans here!

  7. #247
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    3,934
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote J-Roc wrote: View Post
    J-Roc here. I got booted off RealGM, so time to try out a new forum. I've been a fan since 1995. I want to win now. I don't mind any of the players on our current roster, but I just want to see an effort from management to make things work. ie. Just because we signed Linas Kleiza and told him he'd be a starter doesn't mean we shouldn't make him a bench player now. Anyways, I'll be nice. After all, we're all Raps fans here!
    Ouch .... RealGM decided your fate eh? Ah well, welcome aboard. We're nowhere at the volume of the RealGM, but we have lots of great members here. Welcome to the forums J-Roc.

  8. #248
    Raptors Republic Rookie Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I guess I should check in here to be polite, though I have already made a couple of posts. I love the game, but I don't get to see too much of it since I live in Asia. Sometimes I download a game on Bittorrent. Being a Canuck, I follow the Raps closely. I find their lineup this year to be intriguing, and I don't miss Bosh at all. Despite his weaknesses, I'd rather see the team revolving around Bargnani, then I think the rest will get more opportunity to shine and the team is more fun to watch. It's nice to see Bosh doing well in a role he wants, and also nice to see LBJ prove that Cleveland was NOT putting the right pieces around him. Too bad for the league though it is creating powerhouses and sad shacks.

  9. #249
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    3,934
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Beagle wrote: View Post
    I guess I should check in here to be polite, though I have already made a couple of posts. I love the game, but I don't get to see too much of it since I live in Asia. Sometimes I download a game on Bittorrent. Being a Canuck, I follow the Raps closely. I find their lineup this year to be intriguing, and I don't miss Bosh at all. Despite his weaknesses, I'd rather see the team revolving around Bargnani, then I think the rest will get more opportunity to shine and the team is more fun to watch. It's nice to see Bosh doing well in a role he wants, and also nice to see LBJ prove that Cleveland was NOT putting the right pieces around him. Too bad for the league though it is creating powerhouses and sad shacks.
    Welcome to the site Beagle and I'm sure I speak for most here in that we all feel your pain.

  10. #250
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've been reading the blog posts and decided to join the forum today. I'll admit that I became a Raptor fan since the arrival of Linas Kleiza but I'll try to be not so biased judging his play. I belonged to another popular Raptor's forum and in addition to other nonsense, got the sense that Kleiza was well under-appreciated and hated, so I stopped posting there. Think you just have to accept him for what he is, a scorer and decent rebounder at SF, and you're getting that at less than 5 million a year. He's not a star but production justifies his salary. He does need to limit his turnovers though.

    Other than that it's been a frustrating season. I think the team's main liability is defense. We really need a defensive minded center to either backup Bargnani or just move Andrea to starting PF. That may hurt Davis' development and would be unfortunate considering Amir's contract but it is what it is.

    Looking forward to posting once in a while.

  11. #251
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    3,934
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welcome to our humble abode 666. Let's hope Linas finds his touch once again.

  12. #252
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welcome to all the new people. 2011 is going to be a big year for the Raptors and the NBA. Expect lots of excitement leading up to the trade deadline. Expect lots of excitement leading into the draft and then summer hits and the CBA meltdown kicks off. Lots to talk about.

  13. #253
    Raptors Republic Rookie Dancing_Hedo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Stoney Creek
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hello, Raptors Republic

    Former reader of Real GM, but I've been reading the articles and game summaries on this site since the start of this season, and have found the content and features of this site much more favourable than Real GM. I must warn you, I am a Leaf fan first, Raptor fan second, but that does not mean that my heart does not bleed red, black, and white. I look forward to contributing to this site, as in the past I have simply read through some of the forums, but I think I might have a thing or two to add to the discussions here and there.

    Cheers
    "BALL" I have nothing else to say

  14. #254
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    3,934
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dancing_Hedo wrote: View Post
    Hello, Raptors Republic

    Former reader of Real GM, but I've been reading the articles and game summaries on this site since the start of this season, and have found the content and features of this site much more favourable than Real GM. I must warn you, I am a Leaf fan first, Raptor fan second, but that does not mean that my heart does not bleed red, black, and white. I look forward to contributing to this site, as in the past I have simply read through some of the forums, but I think I might have a thing or two to add to the discussions here and there.

    Cheers
    Welcome aboard Dancing_Hedo although I can't be exclusive friends with you seeing how I bleed Ottawa Senators "Red, black and white" eventhough we're having one of the worst seasons in franchise history and heading nowhere fast. Regardless, happy to have you here.

  15. #255
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dancing_Hedo wrote: View Post
    Hello, Raptors Republic

    Former reader of Real GM, but I've been reading the articles and game summaries on this site since the start of this season, and have found the content and features of this site much more favourable than Real GM. I must warn you, I am a Leaf fan first, Raptor fan second, but that does not mean that my heart does not bleed red, black, and white. I look forward to contributing to this site, as in the past I have simply read through some of the forums, but I think I might have a thing or two to add to the discussions here and there.

    Cheers
    Nice avatar. Welcome to the community.

  16. #256
    Raptors Republic Starter The Rawth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey, i just signed up yesterday, been reading for a while but decided to be able to voice opinions now ha. all the way from New zealand, huge raptors fan but what annoys me is they arent good enough to be televised in new zealand haha, had to buy League Pass!
    Keen to talk Raps from now on!
    NEON iCON - Rap Game Allen Iverson
    Aw shit look who it is, the white T-Ross

  17. #257
    Raptors Republic Starter charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi! I'm a huge Raptors fan and I'm really happy to be part of this forum! I'm from the province of Québec, I'm french so it's possible that sometimes I do mistakes but I wanted to be part of a real Raptors fanbase so please let me a chance! Thanks y'all!
    Last edited by charlesnba23; Sat Jan 29th, 2011 at 10:00 AM.

  18. #258
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote The Rawth wrote: View Post
    Hey, i just signed up yesterday, been reading for a while but decided to be able to voice opinions now ha. all the way from New zealand, huge raptors fan but what annoys me is they arent good enough to be televised in new zealand haha, had to buy League Pass!
    Keen to talk Raps from now on!
    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Hi! I'm a huge Raptors fan and I'm really happy to be part of this forum! I'm from the province of Québec, I'm french so it's possible that sometimes I do mistakes but I wanted to be part of a real Raptors fanbase so please let me a chance! Thanks y'all!
    Welcome to the Raptors Republic forum fellas!!!

  19. #259
    Raptors Republic Rookie ScottBaird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey, I'm kinda new!

    I'm Scott, from Calgary. Play ball with the CSSC and at Talisman here if anyone else is here from here...

    Been a (disappointed but not disillusioned) Raptors fan since 06-07, and lurking on here for the last year or so.

    Cheers guys

    Scott.
    Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

  20. #260
    Raptors Republic Rookie JamesG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey all. Big Raptors fan like the rest of you. Had season tickets for 5 years but gave them up when I moved to Muskoka. Been a daily visitor to this site since last season. Used to write comments quite frenquently under the artices but have decided to join and take part in the forum discussions now. I think this is a great site and I'm excited to be able to take part in the discussions with all you knowledgeable raptor fans.
    "I firmly believe that any man’s finest hours – his greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear – is that moment when he has worked his heart out in good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •