This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, I'm new...

Anyway, I've been a raptor fan for only a couple of years but I've done enough research to know a little of the past. I am a fan of defence and despise players who don't play it. I find that I could bash on this team all day long with pessimistic behaviour while at the same time have still hopes for the future. I hopes (just like everyone else) that Demar becomes at least an Eric Gordon next season, and Weems doesn’t think he’s Kobe. I also hope that Barganani learns that serving free brunch at the net is not good thing and that Julian Wright gets some minutes or teaches our wings to play defence half as good as his.

I have been reading this site for some time and now is the time I’ve decided to start posting.

Comment

• We Have Defence? wrote: View Post
      Hey, I'm new...

Anyway, I've been a raptor fan for only a couple of years but I've done enough research to know a little of the past. I am a fan of defence and despise players who don't play it. I find that I could bash on this team all day long with pessimistic behaviour while at the same time have still hopes for the future. I hopes (just like everyone else) that Demar becomes at least an Eric Gordon next season, and Weems doesn’t think he’s Kobe. I also hope that Barganani learns that serving free brunch at the net is not good thing and that Julian Wright gets some minutes or teaches our wings to play defence half as good as his.

I have been reading this site for some time and now is the time I’ve decided to start posting.
      Welcome aboard man. Any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

• Comment

• Hey guyz im new here, to be honest i used to watch the raps like 2 seasons ago and then stopped watching and continued at the end of last season. They r a very fun team to watch and i want them to win a championship, i agree with We have Defence? we need to step up our defence alot, if we can fix that we'll be a solid team.

Comment

• RR is getting bigger and bigger!! Gratz guys!

Comment

• J-Roc here. I got booted off RealGM, so time to try out a new forum. I've been a fan since 1995. I want to win now. I don't mind any of the players on our current roster, but I just want to see an effort from management to make things work. ie. Just because we signed Linas Kleiza and told him he'd be a starter doesn't mean we shouldn't make him a bench player now. Anyways, I'll be nice. After all, we're all Raps fans here!

Comment

• J-Roc wrote: View Post
                J-Roc here. I got booted off RealGM, so time to try out a new forum. I've been a fan since 1995. I want to win now. I don't mind any of the players on our current roster, but I just want to see an effort from management to make things work. ie. Just because we signed Linas Kleiza and told him he'd be a starter doesn't mean we shouldn't make him a bench player now. Anyways, I'll be nice. After all, we're all Raps fans here!
                Ouch .... RealGM decided your fate eh? Ah well, welcome aboard. We're nowhere at the volume of the RealGM, but we have lots of great members here. Welcome to the forums J-Roc.

Comment

• I guess I should check in here to be polite, though I have already made a couple of posts. I love the game, but I don't get to see too much of it since I live in Asia. Sometimes I download a game on Bittorrent. Being a Canuck, I follow the Raps closely. I find their lineup this year to be intriguing, and I don't miss Bosh at all. Despite his weaknesses, I'd rather see the team revolving around Bargnani, then I think the rest will get more opportunity to shine and the team is more fun to watch. It's nice to see Bosh doing well in a role he wants, and also nice to see LBJ prove that Cleveland was NOT putting the right pieces around him. Too bad for the league though it is creating powerhouses and sad shacks.

Comment

• Beagle wrote: View Post
                    I guess I should check in here to be polite, though I have already made a couple of posts. I love the game, but I don't get to see too much of it since I live in Asia. Sometimes I download a game on Bittorrent. Being a Canuck, I follow the Raps closely. I find their lineup this year to be intriguing, and I don't miss Bosh at all. Despite his weaknesses, I'd rather see the team revolving around Bargnani, then I think the rest will get more opportunity to shine and the team is more fun to watch. It's nice to see Bosh doing well in a role he wants, and also nice to see LBJ prove that Cleveland was NOT putting the right pieces around him. Too bad for the league though it is creating powerhouses and sad shacks.
                    Welcome to the site Beagle and I'm sure I speak for most here in that we all feel your pain.

Comment

• I've been reading the blog posts and decided to join the forum today. I'll admit that I became a Raptor fan since the arrival of Linas Kleiza but I'll try to be not so biased judging his play. I belonged to another popular Raptor's forum and in addition to other nonsense, got the sense that Kleiza was well under-appreciated and hated, so I stopped posting there. Think you just have to accept him for what he is, a scorer and decent rebounder at SF, and you're getting that at less than 5 million a year. He's not a star but production justifies his salary. He does need to limit his turnovers though.

Other than that it's been a frustrating season. I think the team's main liability is defense. We really need a defensive minded center to either backup Bargnani or just move Andrea to starting PF. That may hurt Davis' development and would be unfortunate considering Amir's contract but it is what it is.

Looking forward to posting once in a while.

Comment

• Welcome to our humble abode 666. Let's hope Linas finds his touch once again.

Comment

• Welcome to all the new people. 2011 is going to be a big year for the Raptors and the NBA. Expect lots of excitement leading up to the trade deadline. Expect lots of excitement leading into the draft and then summer hits and the CBA meltdown kicks off. Lots to talk about.

Comment

• Hello, Raptors Republic

Former reader of Real GM, but I've been reading the articles and game summaries on this site since the start of this season, and have found the content and features of this site much more favourable than Real GM. I must warn you, I am a Leaf fan first, Raptor fan second, but that does not mean that my heart does not bleed red, black, and white. I look forward to contributing to this site, as in the past I have simply read through some of the forums, but I think I might have a thing or two to add to the discussions here and there.

Cheers
                            "BALL" I have nothing else to say

Comment

• Dancing_Hedo wrote: View Post
                              Hello, Raptors Republic

Former reader of Real GM, but I've been reading the articles and game summaries on this site since the start of this season, and have found the content and features of this site much more favourable than Real GM. I must warn you, I am a Leaf fan first, Raptor fan second, but that does not mean that my heart does not bleed red, black, and white. I look forward to contributing to this site, as in the past I have simply read through some of the forums, but I think I might have a thing or two to add to the discussions here and there.

Cheers
                              Welcome aboard Dancing_Hedo although I can't be exclusive friends with you seeing how I bleed Ottawa Senators "Red, black and white" eventhough we're having one of the worst seasons in franchise history and heading nowhere fast. Regardless, happy to have you here.

Comment

• Dancing_Hedo wrote: View Post
                                Hello, Raptors Republic

Cheers
                                Nice avatar. Welcome to the community.

Comment

Working...
                                X