Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 599

Thread: The Raptors Republic "Hey I'm New" Introduction Thread

  1. #221
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    3,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi.

    I'm Craig.

    Mostly on the internet, I have been known as Superjudge.

    Here, I decided to keep it simple.

    About me:

    Likes:

    - hard working players
    - Ball movement
    - the respect and desire to play focused 100% of the time on both offence, and defence.
    - NBA basketbal players that understand what it is to be a professional.
    - Players that can play hard, and play tough, and not whine when they get hit.
    - posters that can talk game, but don't whine or cry foul when they "get hit".



    Dislikes:

    - lazy players
    - show offs
    - selfish players that would rather die than move the ball to as open man to get a better look
    - people who are wowed by dunks or silly playground moves. I got news for ya, Rucker park is for guys who can't hack it with the big boys.
    - Stat freaks.
    - Freelance bloggers who end up being accepted as professional beat writers. I'll say it here, I have said it 1000 times. Just because there are a lot of really well argued idea's written in wonderful Blog form, don't make um right. I refuse to get caught up in unfounded hype.
    - Hype.
    - US media control.
    - lastly, I get very impatient with guys on forums that don't understand, nor care to take the time to understand what other people are saying in their posts. We all have our styles. Mine, is that of a dry humoured, and old weathered vet in the locker room. I swear a lot, and say "get the fuck outta here", or "if you think thats whats going on, you're fucked". I talk like we all talk over drinks at a bar or in the stands watching a game. We need to know that we ALL respect each other because hey, were here for the same reasons, we love ball, and we love to talk about it. I hate guys who don't believe this to be true.


    cheers boys. Thanks for having me.

  2. #222
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    SJ, what's up brother? Glad to have you here. Hope you'll dig in and be a regular.

  3. #223
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    3,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hello Mango. I'm already dug in.



    Hope guys here like me. We all want to be loved!

  4. #224
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Hi.

    I'm Craig.

    Mostly on the internet, I have been known as Superjudge.

    Here, I decided to keep it simple.

    About me:

    Likes:

    - hard working players
    - Ball movement
    - the respect and desire to play focused 100% of the time on both offence, and defence.
    - NBA basketbal players that understand what it is to be a professional.
    - Players that can play hard, and play tough, and not whine when they get hit.
    - posters that can talk game, but don't whine or cry foul when they "get hit".



    Dislikes:

    - lazy players
    - show offs
    - selfish players that would rather die than move the ball to as open man to get a better look
    - people who are wowed by dunks or silly playground moves. I got news for ya, Rucker park is for guys who can't hack it with the big boys.
    - Stat freaks.
    - Freelance bloggers who end up being accepted as professional beat writers. I'll say it here, I have said it 1000 times. Just because there are a lot of really well argued idea's written in wonderful Blog form, don't make um right. I refuse to get caught up in unfounded hype.
    - Hype.
    - US media control.
    - lastly, I get very impatient with guys on forums that don't understand, nor care to take the time to understand what other people are saying in their posts. We all have our styles. Mine, is that of a dry humoured, and old weathered vet in the locker room. I swear a lot, and say "get the fuck outta here", or "if you think thats whats going on, you're fucked". I talk like we all talk over drinks at a bar or in the stands watching a game. We need to know that we ALL respect each other because hey, were here for the same reasons, we love ball, and we love to talk about it. I hate guys who don't believe this to be true.


    cheers boys. Thanks for having me.
    Quite the entrance. BAM.

  5. #225
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    3,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  6. #226
    Raptors Republic Rookie teoserio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi all,

    this is Matteo from Milano, Italy.
    BBall lovers 'cause of Bryant moves. Following Raptors since Bargnani has been drafted in 2006. I will continue to support Toronto. Also in case of trade of Andrea because I love Toronto and Canada

    see you
    Let's go Raptors!

  7. #227
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welcome Matteo! Glad to see our brothers from Italy are not just fans of Bargs, but also fans of the entire raptors squad and city.

    Cheers

  8. #228
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote teoserio wrote: View Post
    Hi all,

    this is Matteo from Milano, Italy.
    BBall lovers 'cause of Bryant moves. Following Raptors since Bargnani has been drafted in 2006. I will continue to support Toronto. Also in case of trade of Andrea because I love Toronto and Canada

    see you
    Again, welcome to the forums Teo.

  9. #229
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is a nice little forum you have running here Doc.

  10. #230
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 007nites wrote: View Post
    This is a nice little forum you have running here Doc.
    Shhhhh ..... don't tell anyone 007.

  11. #231
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Good day everyone.

    Glad to be a part of the Republic.


  12. #232
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    hahaha .... welcome to the site agent.

  13. #233
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Whats up all, this seems like the place to say hi. Gonna be a fun season!

  14. #234
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    new here but i know alot of basketball talks

  15. #235
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote South_Side_Jane wrote: View Post
    new here but i know alot of basketball talks
    Welcome to the forums South_Side! I'm from Up Top myself but I won't hold the fact that your from down bottom against you.

    Good to have another basketball head here.

  16. #236
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    been kinda f'd up down here styll recently, alot of people gettin bodied (shot)

    ya thanks, been a huge raptors fan since 1999, supported colangelo 100% since he got here, smart manager

  17. #237
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hello Raptor-land!!!im new to this forum and im looking forward to sharing my sage wisdom with y'all!!!thank you DOC for having me!
    THE REVEREND

  18. #238
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums, but a veteran reader of the site, and looking forward to talking (but not obsessively debating) raps.
    I consider myself a pretty level-headed fan, and while the games are great (and we wouldn't have anything if it weren't for the games), my real passion is the building of teams (scouting, drafting, trades, FA signing).
    See you in the forums!

  19. #239
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welcome to the forum paulo and Duncan.

  20. #240
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey Guys,

    I'm new to the boards but a frequent reader of the posts and enjoy the love/hate relationship that we ALL seem to have with the roster.

    I'm a season seat holder of 2 PAIRS of seats (yes, some call me a fool for doing so) and try to attend as many games as I can.

    I often frequent events where I get to chat to members of MLSE and the Raptors Brass. Unlike MANY with the same opportunity, I do my best to get up and close to the 'decision makers' (Brian et all) and try to pick their brains as much as I can!

    Raptors Republic actually referenced my post earlier this year from another form (TICAL0 is me):

    http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...rs-(July-20-10)

    As I attend more of these, I'll definitely continue to post my findings.

    I also operate a site that actively sells CHEAP and great raptors tickets at www.raptorfan.com. I do my best to get RAPTORFANS in the seats at a discounted rate to populate the ACC with REAL FANS rather than those that show up midway through the game, chat for a bit and leave before the end of the game.

    It's actually been pretty successful this past year (..despite their record).

    Contact me at [email protected] or go to www.raptorfan.com if you're ever looking

    Look forward to talking future convo's as the season progresses!
    Last edited by Raptorfan.com; Thu Dec 9th, 2010 at 01:03 PM.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •