Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone i'm new here. I have been checking this website for a while and i decided to join. I've been to other raptors forums but this one seems like the best one.

Comment

• DeRozan10 wrote: View Post
      Hey everyone i'm new here. I have been checking this website for a while and i decided to join. I've been to other raptors forums but this one seems like the best one.
      Welcome!

Comment

Hey everyone i'm new here. I have been checking this website for a while and i decided to join. I've been to other raptors forums but this one seems like the best one.
        It IS the best one. haha Welcome Derozan!

Comment

I have been pleasantly surprised with the maturity level and depth of discussion. RR forums have come a long way.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            It IS the best one. haha Welcome Derozan!
            thanks

Comment

Welcome to the site DeRozan10. I am really happy to hear you like this place so much.

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
              I have been pleasantly surprised with the maturity level and depth of discussion. RR forums have come a long way.
              I'm glad people are noticing this. We've worked really hard to bring this place to a level I feel is unmatched by competing boards. Fun and respect, if those two are held as high priorities you're going to get good results.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                I'm glad people are noticing this. We've worked really hard to bring this place to a level I feel is unmatched by competing boards. Fun and respect, if those two are held as high priorities you're going to get good results.
                I like to zip through other teams forums every now and then (to get a different perspective on teams situations) and I have to admit that hands down I have not found a more active, deeper, and more committed forum such as the one here at RR.
                Im happy to be new here :]
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Hi im new here. i Actually only started watching the raptors closely this past season. I know mostly everything about them but the past few years i've been watching the games on and off. I have been following these forums for a year now and i finally decided to join.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Hi im new here. i Actually only started watching the raptors closely this past season. I know mostly everything about them but the past few years i've been watching the games on and off. I have been following these forums for a year now and i finally decided to join.
                    Welcome aboard Props.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                      Welcome aboard Props.
                      thanks

Comment

• Hi everyone, i'm a new soft euro on the raptors (forum).

I've been watching the raptors for about 8(?) years from the Netherlands, thanks to the legendary Raptormage and i've been roaming this forum a lot due to following raptors news via the twitter account of raptorsrepublic.

For long i was scared of participating by the general high level of the discussion, but lately the discussions have finally reached a level whereas i could stoop to. As a transracial selfloathing European big man/bigot i find sollace in the remarks about Euro trash in general and European big man in particular. Now that even admins freely use degoratory language I finally see the time has come to make a comment or two knowing I will not be called upon my general lack of knowledge and borderline racial slurs. No longer do we have analyse on individual merit, no longer do we have to be respectful even to bad players or bad coaches or bad gm's!

Go North-America! (boo Euros)

Add on June 25: I was wrong about the admins. Frustration got the best of me and I wrongly interpreted some comments about the Euro-players (by lumpling them together with comments in the same threads where the Euro-aspect did play a role). My apologies.
                        Last edited by Soft Euro; Sat Jun 25, 2011, 02:22 PM. Reason: I was wrong

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                          Hi everyone, i'm a new soft euro on the raptors (forum).

I've been watching the raptors for about 8(?) years from the Netherlands, thanks to the legendary Raptormage and i've been roaming this forum a lot due to following raptors news via the twitter account of raptorsrepublic.

For long i was scared of participating by the general high level of the discussion, but lately the discussions have finally reached a level whereas i could stoop to. As a transracial selfloathing European big man/bigot i find sollace in the remarks about Euro trash in general and European big man in particular. Now that even admins freely use degoratory language I finally see the time has come to make a comment or two knowing I will not be called upon my general lack of knowledge and borderline racial slurs. No longer do we have analyse on individual merit, no longer do we have to be respectful even to bad players or bad coaches or bad gm's!

Go North-America! (boo Euros)
                          I don't remember Admins ever using derogatory language (especially about Euros), but what do I know?

I think you're gonna be real popular here!
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Soft Euro,

A lot of sarcasm in your post. I will say this. For a long time, I could not participate in Raptor discussion forums because all I heard was that NA big men like Ben Wallace and Denis Rodman were trash. They did not understand the game or were not considered "skilled". No jump shot, or 3pter. It made me avoid many Toronto forums, funny how time and the benefit of actual game time quickly changes that perspective.

Life can be like a pendulum, you pull on it too hard one way, and it will swing back in the other direction when you release it.
                            Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Tue Jun 7, 2011, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                              I don't remember Admins ever using derogatory language (especially about Euros), but what do I know?

I think you're gonna be real popular here!
                              I think he was trying to be funny in a passive aggressive kind of way. I also don't recall any admins/staff using derogatory language but then again I guess it could all come down to how he personally defines "derogatory". Maybe he doesn't agree with Webster?

Comment

• Hey everyone, I'm a long time visitor to this site but I've only now decided to join. I relly like the site and it is very informative. I just thought I'd finally add my 2 cents from time to time.
                                Stand tall or fall short

Comment

Working...
                                X