FAs and D-League Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAs and D-League Ideas

Let's just say the lockout ends by February, who do we want to see in Raptors forum consider some of the players may not make it back (Weems, Barbosa, Linas Kleiza [injured], Valanciunas [overseas]).

Our current roster is
    Bayless/Calderon
    DeRozan/
    James Johnson/
    Ed Davis/Amir Johnson
    Andrea Bargnani/Solomon Alabi/J.Dorsey

We need a backup SG, backup SF, third string C, and a third string PG.
    - I say we sign Keith Bogans for one year so we wait Barbosa and Weems come back for the 2012-13 season.
    - I say we sign Goran Dragic to a two year contract, he has proven he can be a legit backup PG and played well for the Suns
    - As for our SF, we should let BC do his magic, he will get us a Jamario Moon 2.0, I think Jeff Adrien sounds good to me
    - As for our C, we can sign Nazr Mohammad to a one year contract, the 87 year old C can still play and never seem to withdraw himself from the league, he's a good serviceable backup C

Now our lineups are
    Bayless/Calderon/Dragic
    DeRozan/Bogans
    J.Johnson/J.Adrien/L.Kleiza (let's hope he's healthy by Jan)
    E.Davis/Amir Johnson/J.Dorsey
    A.Bargnani/S.Alabi/N.Mohammad

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Let's just say the lockout ends by February, who do we want to see in Raptors forum consider some of the players may not make it back (Weems, Barbosa, Linas Kleiza [injured], Valanciunas [overseas]).

Our current roster is
    Bayless/Calderon
    DeRozan/
    James Johnson/
    Ed Davis/Amir Johnson

- I say we sign Keith Bogans for one year so we wait Barbosa and Weems come back for the 2012-13 season.
    - I say we sign Goran Dragic to a two year contract, he has proven he can be a legit backup PG and played well for the Suns
    - As for our SF, we should let BC do his magic, he will get us a Jamario Moon 2.0, I think Jeff Adrien sounds good to me
    - As for our C, we can sign Nazr Mohammad to a one year contract, the 87 year old C can still play and never seem to withdraw himself from the league, he's a good serviceable backup C

Now our lineups are
    Bayless/Calderon/Dragic
    DeRozan/Bogans
    Barbosa can come back from Brazil when the lockout ends as he has an 'out' clause therefore no need for Bogans.

Nazr was signed to an extension by OKC before the lockout.

Dragic will not be looking to be a third string nor should the team tie up the money required to get him in a third string PG.

As for the SF, sure sign Adrien to a 1 year deal and draft a wing.

Comment

I like Dragic but he is with the Rockets and isnt going anywhere...I dont think.

Comment

Jeff Adrien is an undersized power forward, where do you get that he is a wing?

Edit to add: He does have long arms and makes up for his lack of height, but he is still not a 3 man in the NBA.
        Last edited by WJF; Wed Aug 24, 2011, 07:28 AM.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
          Jeff Adrien is an undersized power forward, where do you get that he is a wing?

Edit to add: He does have long arms and makes up for his lack of height, but he is still not a 3 man in the NBA.
          It would certainly let everyone know the tank was on.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post

Our current roster is
            Bayless/Calderon
            DeRozan/
            James Johnson/
            Ed Davis/Amir Johnson

Now our lineups are
            Bayless/Calderon/Dragic
            DeRozan/Bogans
            This is the second thread that you start and say that Barbosa won't be with team this year ( if we have a season this year). As it was mentioned in " the lineup that might work " thread he has a clause in his contract that allow him to come back if there is a NBA season and he will for sure (there is no way that he is getting paid 7 mil in Brazil). It would be nice to at least read through some of the comments on the thread that you have started.

Comment

Working...
            X