Valanciunas; ranked #313 in the NBA by ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valanciunas; ranked #313 in the NBA by ESPN

It's a slow Raptors news day, so I was taking a ginger stroll onto ESPN website and decided to check to see there progress on their feeble attempt to rank the top 500 players in the NBA. Our boy J-V (who coincidentally has the same initials as me) is plugged in at the #313th spot in a tie with Jan Vesely (there are those damn initials again!!) I realize that ESPN is just using this ranking as a filler while the lockout is in effect, but you would think they would try to put a little more effort into it.

ESPNs take "Valanciunas averaged 23 and 14 in the U-19 FIBA tournament this summer. Expect his ranking to jump at least 100 spots by the next #NBARank."

Your thoughts?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/68...nkings-301-350

Still can't believe they ranked him after Bill "I-wear-pink-mouthguards" Walker.

Comment

I don't really understand how they can rank rookies. They even say his ranking will jump at least 100 spots, so it seems kind of arbitrary to put him where they did.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

... must be the offseason, in a lockout ... Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

JV is ranked tied for ninth among the recently drafted, tied with Vesely, just behind Biyombo, ahead of Tristan Thompson. I agree, the rankings seem somewhat arbitrary. Is there a dart board involved or the accu-weather wheel possibly?

Comment

it's ESPN. They're too busy snorting coke off of silicone strippers to put in any actual work.
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

More like number ONE!! Seriously though, is he gonna be in NBA2K12? The trailers look f'ing badass, but it's basically gonna be the same damn rosters.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                More like number ONE!! Seriously though, is he gonna be in NBA2K12? The trailers look f'ing badass, but it's basically gonna be the same damn rosters.
                Well that's gonna be hard to say. He's not coming over till 2012-2013 so he's not part of the NBAPA yet.

Does this mean that 2K Sports has to secure his licensing rights separately or something?

Comment

Working...
                X