Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vick signs $100M contact with Eagles... Are you happy for him?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grindhouse wrote: View Post
    so let me get your line of thinking, say a child steals a candy from a store gets caught, does whatever punishment is giving to him and goes out the next year and wins an award for whatever. Under you guys logic he should never be allowed to win award because he committed a crime the year before.

keep whatever hate you guys have in your heart, no one can stop you from doing that. at the end of the day the past can not be changed you can only live a better tommorrow and those that realize that is what he is doing will acknowledgement the effort.
    You are right, a child stealing candy is the same as a 26 year old abusing animals. Those stupid haters.

Comment

so let me get your line of thinking, say a child steals a candy from a store gets caught, does whatever punishment is giving to him and goes out the next year and wins an award for whatever. Under you guys logic he should never be allowed to win award because he committed a crime the year before.

keep whatever hate you guys have in your heart, no one can stop you from doing that. at the end of the day the past can not be changed you can only live a better tommorrow and those that realize that is what he is doing will acknowledgement the effort.
      A kid stealing a candy from a store and a grown man torturing and killing animals are on different ends of the spectrum. What I'm saying is a violent crime like this is something I cannot forgive and forget. How would you feel about Vick if tortured your dog for months, then slit it's throat but he did serve a year or so in jail? Would it impact your life on the same level as if a child took a candy bar from your store shelf and ran off?

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      You are right, a child stealing candy is the same as a 26 year old abusing animals. Those stupid haters.
      Abusing and slaughtering man's best friend.

Comment

a sin, is a sin, is a sin I am done with this arguement

Comment

well if you want to pontificate about it...

a child's sins aren't viewed in the same way as an adult's sins. having not yet passed the sacrament of confirmation.. having not received the holy spirit as of yet, a child does not possess the wisdom or knowledge to understand the concept of sin.

that's if that's the made up father figure who lives in the clouds and watches over us bullshit you choose to believe.

Comment

heinz57 wrote:
            teach children morality.
            heinz57 wrote:
            the greatest enemy of faith is dogma.

at the end of the day, it's all just made up fairy tales to teach children morality.

the things done in the name of ANY church have always led to awful consequences. authoritative organizations created to dictate principles and morality defeat the entire purpose of having beliefs and morals... if you believe something is right because somebody else told you its right, you dont actually believe it.. you're just a lemming.

who cares if somebody else's made up BS is different from our own made up BS... at the end of the day, its ALL made up BS... as long as it helps teach kids to not be a bunch of douchebags, im all for it..
            Now you're running into another doghouse here. My argument is about recognition of Scientology, not about whether religion itself is bs. Throw me more straw mans please, kthx.
            Last edited by Apollo; Thu Sep 1, 2011, 11:46 PM. Reason: off topic

Comment

a sin, is a sin, is a sin I am done with this arguement
              So in your books hitting on a married chick is in the same league as murdering 3,000 people with an airplane? There are different shades of evil my friend. This isn't black and white.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                Now you're running into another doghouse here. My argument is about recognition of Scientology, not about whether religion itself is bs. Throw me more straw mans please, kthx.
                i really dont care about the recognition.. consider me a third party on that debate.. i'm not against ANY religion... faith, belief, etc are important factors in molding morality and common sense.. i'm of the firm belief that every child should grow up with some sort of religion, no matter how wacky it is

what i'm against is dogma and the "institutions" of religion.. i hate the institutionalized idea that "if you think differently from me, you're not one of us"

all religions are BS... made up fairy tales... no matter how devout you are, everyone can at least agree on "every religion in the world except for mine is BS"... so basically, the majority of the world always thinks any particular religion is BS..

that doesn't mean they're bad... fairy tales are awesome... they teach children lessons which help mold them into good people

what religion... and all good fairy tales... should strive for is the implanting of ideas... the shaping of the human spirit.. creating members of society that actually benefit society.. regardless of how different their beliefs stray from their base religion, they should be embraced for taking those ideas and concepts and growing.

organized religion doesnt care about that though... they like their people to stay stupid and fill the coffers and follow meekly like a bunch of lemmings towards a cliff

i was raised catholic.. and to some degree, still consider myself catholic, although any church going catholic would say otherwise.. if i'd never heard the story of jesus before, and somebody came and told me about it... i'd be like "wait wait wait... WHAT?! you believe THAT load of crap?!"... and even now, being able to seperate myself from catholicism a bit, and realize that okay.. maybe those stories arent exactly the most factual stories in the world... i fully believe that stories were integral to me growing up to be a decent human being... it taught me human decency, goodwill to others, self sacrifice, humility... that shit is GOOD regardless of how you learn in....

what's not good is a governing body regulating a very shaky fairy tale. the ideas and values of religions are usually great things that people should incorporate into their daily lives... the canon and tenets created by some old dudes with funny hats are largely a load of shit

Comment

errr in hindsight that's WAY off topic... but f' it..... there's so little foot traffic outside of the main forum.. any discussion is open for derailing in my eyes

Comment

Wrong thread for this guys. I tried to get this thread back on course but I think it's time to shut it down. If you want to talk religion then by all means continue, but bring it to the appropriate place:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/fo...cht-Basketball

Comment

Trouble just seems to follow him

A man was reportedly shot early Friday morning outside a Virginia Beach club, where Eagles quarterback Michael Vick was holding his 30th birthday party. According to reports by Virginia news outlet WTKR, the injuries to the man, one of the co-defendants in Vick's dogfighting case, are not life threatening.

The shooting occurred at around 2:10 a.m. ET as the club was closing. Adam Bernstein, spokesman for Virginia Beach police, did not comment whether the shooting was connected to Vick.
                      Source: AOLnews.com

Comment

Working...
                      X