Everything EuroBasket 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrooster wrote: View Post
    Lithuania wins 84-75. Key players in the win were Jasikevicius and Valenciunas in the final quarter. Germany tied it up but Lithuania pulled away in the last couple minutes. Jonas scored most of his 15 points in the 4th, and also blocked a Nowitzki shot and had a few key rebounds and his 4th PF).
    There's a great photo which I think sums up the game well, only I can't figure out how to post it here. It's of Jonas rebounding in traffic over Dirk, who is trying to block him away from the basket while futilely reaching for the ball himself.

It's in the gallery on the eurobasket2011.com site. It's the third picture I see when I put this fistful of a link into the site:

http://www.eurobasket2011.com/en/photogallery.asp?compID={D166E39E-2323-4863-B229-76357A926FA2}&season=2011&roundID=7526&limit=100
    Last edited by Kuh; Sun Sep 11, 2011, 05:10 PM. Reason: Add photo, if I can

Comment

• Maybe this? :

Comment

• Highlights Valanciunas vs Germany

Comment

• Thanks, irgigi.

That running hook at the beginning is solid as is 1:38 - both on Kaman.

At 2:16 it would be nice if he could teach Bargnani that move (drop step back to the left hand).

It is great to see him getting quality minutes in crunch time and performing.

I didn't watch the game but who did Kaman get his 25 and 11 on (including 12/17 FG)?

Comment

• That was a nice move by JV on Kaman in the 2nd (1:40)

Comment

• I like that he seems to be money at the FT line

Comment

• Kuh wrote: View Post
                There's a great photo which I think sums up the game well, only I can't figure out how to post it here. It's of Jonas rebounding in traffic over Dirk, who is trying to block him away from the basket while futilely reaching for the ball himself.

It's in the gallery on the eurobasket2011.com site. It's the third picture I see when I put this fistful of a link into the site:

http://www.eurobasket2011.com/en/photogallery.asp?compID={D166E39E-2323-4863-B229-76357A926FA2}&season=2011&roundID=7526&limit=100
                In the future, if you are trying to post a picture:

-Right-click on the image you want to post.
                -Click on properties.
                -Copy everything in the 'Address(URL)' Area.
                -Then in your message window at RR, type [IMG] before the URL you copied, and put [/IMG] after it.

(Even easier, click the button at the top of your message window, thats says "Insert Image" when you hover the mouse over it, and paste the URL into that. Its beside the Bold, Italics, Underline.)
                Last edited by Joey; Sun Sep 11, 2011, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Thanks, irgigi.

That running hook at the beginning is solid as is 1:38 - both on Kaman.

At 2:16 it would be nice if he could teach Bargnani that move (drop step back to the left hand).

It is great to see him getting quality minutes in crunch time and performing.

I didn't watch the game but who did Kaman get his 25 and 11 on (including 12/17 FG)?
                  Mostly on another center Javtokas.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Interesting to see how similar Kanter and Valanciunas' numbers have been in the tournament.

Both are playing around 17 minutes, with Kanter playing barely more. Kanter is hitting an efficient 59% from the field, but that's overshadowed by Valanciunas' 70% (yes, 70). Both grab around 3/4 rebounds, Kanter grabbing slightly more, even on the offensive glass. Valanciunas is averaging nearly double the blocks Kanter does, and scores more points. Overall, statistically Valanciunas is slightly better, but I guess you need to watch them play and I have only seen Valanciunas.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                      Interesting to see how similar Kanter and Valanciunas' numbers have been in the tournament.

Both are playing around 17 minutes, with Kanter playing barely more. Kanter is hitting an efficient 59% from the field, but that's overshadowed by Valanciunas' 70% (yes, 70). Both grab around 3/4 rebounds, Kanter grabbing slightly more, even on the offensive glass. Valanciunas is averaging nearly double the blocks Kanter does, and scores more points. Overall, statistically Valanciunas is slightly better, but I guess you need to watch them play and I have only seen Valanciunas.
                      Thanks for that!! Was wondering what the comparative stats were at this point.
                      Good to see JV is proving BC right.

ADD One more reason why I dislike DraftExpress.com ... according to them, JV was drafted 4th overall by the Cavaliers. Weak DE. Weak.
                      Last edited by Joey; Mon Sep 12, 2011, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• "Lithuania's Roll Man"

http://nbaplaybook.com/2011/09/12/mo...nias-roll-man/

Nice little analysis of Lithuania's Pick and Roll with JV the beneficiary.

Comment

• Jonas is not just hype.

ESPN article here.

Comment

• Lithuania Vs Macedonia will start in one hour. Quarterfinal. Important game. Macedonia has Bo McCalebb.

Comment

• Is there anyone still not convinced who is currently the best player outside of NBA? The victory of Macedonia over Lithuania on their home court is nothing less than sensational for anyone who has ever followed European basketball, even as a casual observer, probably the biggest upset in the long history of the competition. Just to clarify, the national teams have right to grant a citizenship to one player only, so McCalebb is the only foreign born player on the Macedonian team. Even Spain, stacked with NBA players, has Ibaka. But regardless, Bo plays with most desire and passion of all of them, just a fearless guy who can play on any team, anywhere in the world. Again, he's not Kobe or Wade, but he can help any team to get a little bit better. He already received a medal from the President of Macedonia, and that was before the victory over Lithuania. The whole country will welcome them after the championship, no doubt about that, watch for the news reports, it will be unbelievable.

And to be an African American, at the same time the most popular athlete in a history of a country that's 100% Caucasian, just shows that "racial discrimination" is invented terminology of the "experts" and cry babies - if you are honest, work hard and give 100% of yourself in what you do, you will be admired regardless of your race. Bo is a national hero in Macedonia, on a level that's difficult to imagine for the people in North America, because the passion for sport is fanatic over there. If the Canadian players had half of the passion for the game that Bo has playing for an adopted country, we wouldn't be struggling and losing from countries we should beat 100 times out of 100 games.

Jonas played only 14 minutes and had 5 turnovers, which shows that he still has a lot to learn. But the kid has a potential, so hopefully there will be someone in the Raptors organization to point him in a right direction. We don't want him to "develop" the way Bargnani did.

Comment

• Oh Bo ... we meet again. haha

Congrats to Macedonia. This is MASSIVE for that country.

Lithuania is probably smarting pretty bad right about now.

But how does the 'rule' work with Teams being able to grant citizenship to one player only Eurobasket?
                                Is that for all FIBA teams? Or just certain teams that place the rule on themselves?

I think it should be wiped out completely, personally.
                                Its no longer the national team if you have a foreigner leading the team to victory, who has zero ties to the country. In my opinion anyway.

I'm sure some Macedonian Basketball Player is pretty upset he didn't make the team because they'd rather have some American take over. Y'know?

Still, huge win for those guys, and Bo certainly deserves any and all credit for the win.
                                Last edited by Joey; Wed Sep 14, 2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X