Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Everything EuroBasket 2011

Raptors Republic All-Star stretch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bo is the consensus MVP of Eurobasket and I wonder why he isn't playing in the NBA right now, but if and when he does come over he will lose some of that advantage he's had against the rather slow footed (in NBA terms) Euro guards (Dragic and perhaps Rubio are exceptions). Will he still be able to get to the rim against the likes of Rondo, Lawson, and Wall with athletic shot blockers like Howard, Bynum and McGee lurking?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JV is done.

Lithuania finished with a win over Serbia.

JV - 13 mins, 8 points (3/5, 2/2), 6 rebs, 2 ast, 1 TO, 1stl, 1blk

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    JV is done.

Lithuania finished with a win over Serbia.

JV - 13 mins, 8 points (3/5, 2/2), 6 rebs, 2 ast, 1 TO, 1stl, 1blk
    Overall, I'd say a very good tournament for Valanciunas. At 19, and his first senior men's tournament, he competed well against th big boys, including several NBA veterans. Very encouraging for Raptor fans. I've got to say the biggest thing I've been impressed with was the progression of his offensive game. For a guy who was apparently drafted for his defense and rebounding abilities and potential, he showed he's got a lot of scoring potential, too. That hook shot is going to become very dangerous if he continues to work on it.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lithuania does still have one game left, tomorrow vs. Greece. The 5th place game, and between two teams that have already punched their ticket to the qualifying tournament. I'm not sure if it's meaningless or if it is has factor in seeding for the qualifying tournament, but I'm hopeful that they'll give JV a lot of minutes.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

There will be one more game for JV against Greece for 5th place tomorrow. Game itself doesn't really matter much, who cares 5th or 6th place it is. But Lithuania is playing home, so they will be more motivated. Fans likes JV and coach hopefully can give him more minutes.
    Last edited by irgigi; Fri Sep 16th, 2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: lol octo beat me and said the same :)

Post Thanks / Like

Right you guys are. Sorry.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

So France just made it to final as well and face Spain there. Both teams goes to Olympics.

It's almost clear which teams will play in tournament for last 3 places in Olympics.

Russia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Greece.
    Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Venezuela.
    Angola, Nigeria.
    New Zealand.
    Two teams from Asia.

Russia and Lithuania should make it. The last place should go to Macedonia, Greece or Puerto Rico. You never know though.

Post Thanks / Like

Kleiza should be ready to play for next summer's qualifier. If he can return to form he will give Lithuania a huge boost. They need more speed at the guard position. Ty Lawson would be a good candidate for citizenship. Yes, Sonny, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote irgigi wrote: View Post
    So France just made it to final as well and face Spain there. Both teams goes to Olympics.

It's almost clear which teams will play in tournament for last 3 places in Olympics.

Russia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Greece.
    Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Venezuela.
    Angola, Nigeria.
    New Zealand.
    Two teams from Asia.

Russia and Lithuania should make it. The last place should go to Macedonia, Greece or Puerto Rico. You never know though.
    If the Dominican Republic can get ti together they will be a very tough team to beat...Al Horford, Francisco Garcia, Charlie V make up a solid core add in quality players like Luis Flores and J.M Martinez and they are a dangerous team to face.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Kleiza should be ready to play for next summer's qualifier. If he can return to form he will give Lithuania a huge boost. They need more speed at the guard position. Ty Lawson would be a good candidate for citizenship. Yes, Sonny, too.
    Kleiza will give a boost.
    No way Lithuania will give a citizenship to anyone because of sport. One of a few countries which just don't do that
    Last example was figure skating rejected, where most of ppl thought citizenship should be granted in this case. Two ppl game.. one part is from US another from LT..
    But both countries sucks enough to screw hopes of young ppl to play Olympics.
    Too bad LT is not Macedonia.
    Last edited by irgigi; Sat Sep 17th, 2011 at 05:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

JV is now done.

8 mins, 0/1, 0 points, 4 rebs, 1 to, 1 stl.

LTU 73 and Greece 69.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    If the Dominican Republic can get ti together they will be a very tough team to beat...Al Horford, Francisco Garcia, Charlie V make up a solid core add in quality players like Luis Flores and J.M Martinez and they are a dangerous team to face.
    If I was seeding next year's Olympic qualifier I would seed the DR fifth behind Russia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Greece, and Puerto Rico even if Calipari is around to coach them next year. Charlie V must have been injured at the recent America's championship as he did not get many minutes.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    JV is now done.

8 mins, 0/1, 0 points, 4 rebs, 1 to, 1 stl.

LTU 73 and Greece 69.
    He got much less time than i expected in the last game. The game itself was creepy for Lt team... like not much motivation, but you still need to win. Greece gave a fight, not like JV did anything bad, but coach liked another center more.

Final stats for tournament can be find here

Post Thanks / Like

Pau Gasol: "I will play with Spain for as long as I can. I will play with the National Team till the wheels fall off."
    Something I'm sure the Buss' are very excited about.

Thread Information