Calderon Injured at Eurobasket!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calderon Injured at Eurobasket!!

Calderon was injured at Eurobasket, in Spain's quarterfinal win. From the photo it looks like his left hamstring. Details anyone?

his hamstring injury seems to keep recurring. This is sad and problematic as I've always thought he had potential to be half of Nash. I would however think that Calderon is probably the best passing PG in Raptors history.

Comment

Hrmm .. well looks like Bayless gets the Green Light!
      Which I'm not entirely upset about I guess.

Comment

Heres a link for the picture. ( pics on the top right of Jose's profile :

http://www.eurobasket2011.com/en/default.asp?cid={13FE876A-D668-47E5-BFDF-C043215442BF}&compID={D166E39E-2323-4863-B229-76357A926FA2}&season=2011&roundID=7526&playerID=27027&teamID=362

ouch! looks painful and definetly looks like a Hammy

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
          Heres a link for the picture. ( pics on the top right of Jose's profile :

http://www.eurobasket2011.com/en/default.asp?cid={13FE876A-D668-47E5-BFDF-C043215442BF}&compID={D166E39E-2323-4863-B229-76357A926FA2}&season=2011&roundID=7526&playerID=27027&teamID=362

ouch! looks painful and definetly looks like a Hammy
          Poor Jose. Looks like a pretty solid ow-y.

Comment

If it limits his minutes to 15-20 per game and lets Bayless start with around 30 minutes per game (probably put them out together for short stretches) I'm fine with it.

This is why I have advocated trading him for a long time. It is nothing personal but between contract, injury history, and insistence on representing Spain every year, it is time to cut the cord.

Comment

Surprise surprise
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

time for him to go these injuries are becoming a problem for this team.

Comment

The insurance company must be going "Oh Nooooh"!!

Comment

Just saw some pics. Jose was taking a 3 pointer and Dagic ran and put his feet under calderon. Looks intentional to me. you can see dragic looks at calderons feets then boom. pretty dirty sht.

Comment

Just saw some pics. Jose was taking a 3 pointer and Dagic ran and put his feet under calderon. Looks intentional to me. you can see dragic looks at calderons feets then boom. pretty dirty sht.
                      Reeally? Oo Dragic. You gone and done it now.

Time to start booing him Raptors Fans!!

Raptors Fans, UNITE!!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Reeally? Oo Dragic. You gone and done it now.

Time to start booing him Raptors Fans!!

Raptors Fans, UNITE!!
                        lol

Comment

Calderon & His Hammy

As I've said before, his hamstring continues to worry me. This doesn't help.

But while I do believe JC could eventually become a great back-up for the Raptors, I still don't believe his eventual replacement at the Starting spot will be Bayless.

Comment

It's too bad, but does this really have any long terms effect on the team? First of all, if the season starts before the New Year, I'll be shocked. Secondly, Calderon actually has a positive effect when he's on the court, and in a season where we want a high pick, him playing less might not be such a bad thing.

As for the hamstring, I think the guy needs to start getting into yoga, or something.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Is Bruce Bowen mentoring this guy or what?

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Secondly, Calderon actually has a positive effect when he's on the court, and in a season where we want a high pick, him playing less might not be such a bad thing. .
                              I think he was going to play less regardless. How long do you figure Dwayne Casey was going to tolerate pylon caliber defense?

Comment

Working...
                              X