DeMar DeRozan wants to be the leader of the franchise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Like I said in an earlier thread, even if we somehow get the #1 pick, I would still take Harrison Barnes.
    I like your train of thought Joey, you are a smart man. Barnes is a more muscular younger version of Luol Deng but a crappier defender than him.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
      I like your train of thought Joey, you are a smart man. Barnes is a more muscular younger version of Luol Deng but a crappier defender than him.
      Crappier or Scrappier? haha

From everything I've read and seen, he puts forth the necessary effort on D, to be very effective at the next level.

But ya, I think he's got the perfect body to be a Vert Good wing in the league for many years.
      He's not TOO big, where his quickness and abilities become effected, but is big enough to slide over and guard a PF on the switch if he needs too, and quick enough to keep up with the fastest of Wings in the L.

We need him.

Comment

RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
        To be honest, when I read the headline "Demar wants to be the leader of the franchise", the cynical part of me came out. I felt that Demar needs to demonstrate a better game first, then we can talk about becoming the leader.

Then I watched the video, and his exact quote was ... "a leader on the team". That may seem like semantics, but it's more representative of what I want out of DeRozan. As the No. 2 scorer who has past defensive issues, his statement sounds more like he wants to prove his value, by improving the aspects of the game that have been lacking - including defense and 3 point shooting. That to me, is more demonstrative of being a leader.
        To be a leader on any team it's no doubt important to be one of the best players on the team but he already is that. We're not talking about the Lakers here, this is the Toronto Raptors. I think this is more about him producing consistent efforts and acting like a leader. I think he already has his teammates' respect.

DG88 wrote: View Post
        Quincy Miller is also another choice for the wing position as well. From what I've heard he's humbled himself after his ACL in jury in highschool.
        Apparently the younger you are, the easier it is to recover from an torn ACL. That said still man, it's the ACL... I don't know. If they could get him in a place where he "slid", I say sure. I mean look at what the Pacers got out of that Danny Granger pick. It was a safe risk where they took him.

e2thed wrote: View Post
        I feel that on offense he's more capable of creating on his own than Deng is.

Comment

i hate that luol deng comparison. luol deng aint no all star, but then again these comparisons r pretty off. He could end up becoming a franchise player. DeMars comparison was VC but i see no VC in him besides extreme athletisism

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
            TJ vs. the Clippers was exciting just watch Sam's reaction. Your right though there haven't been many late game heroics in recent memory. Only other two that come to mind is Bosh vs the Hawks and Dre vs. the Bobcats.
            Oh yeah thats right!
            How about the Mo Pete three at washington? Or the AP rainbow against the same team?
            Its all coming back to me know! and no, im not singing.

Comment

Working...
            X